Local regions as nations

janmagn

So I got this idea of how to make lower league players stay at their local clubs. Basically the idea is to convert all local regions to nations. However there are a few things I want to make sure I have right to make it work

- Club's based nation affects the nationality of regens, so I would leave that to be the country that the league is in. However, is it the club's based nation that also affects players' likeliness to move to a country or is it the country of the city that the club is located?

- If it is that I have to have the based nation be the region nation, is there a way to force regens at the very least have dual nationality like Athletic Bilbao's regens have?

FYI you can't add nations. You can edit existing ones to your liking. People often bring back extinct nations (mostly Ireland pre-1922) when they want to add nations. But that does mean there's a hard cap on the amount of nations you can have. So it might not be possible to have all local regions for your country be separate nations.

Not sure about the first question, for the second one I think there is a way. I can't remember the details, you'll have to research it a bit, but IIRC it was something like have the city in Nation A, but the city's local region in Nation B, that would then produce dual Nation A/B national newgens.