Scout Priorities queue seems to have almost no progress

I have around 100 players in my scouting queue, almost all 'For 1 Match'. I noticed that scouting happened slowly, so I removed all Assignments and focused on emptying the queue. I have a Chief Scout with 5 Scouts, that is 6 people. I don't think it is possible to check their real output in Scouted Players, but between July and November, they managed to provide reports only to 10-20 players. I also have 2 shortlists around 10 players each that I maintain updates on, but I doubt the effort goes there.

Is there anything that may cause this poor performance, or in the new FM24 Scouts are simply goofing off? That is 2-3 games watched in almost half a year!

7 players out of the top 25 in the queue are in the youth teams and not playing. I changed the instruction for them to '1 Week' and put them at the bottom of the queue for now.

I also noticed my Director of Football was assigned the duty of Providing Scout Feedback, I changed it to a Chief Scout. I will test if any of those changes matter.

On 27/01/2024 at 16:25, st4lz said:

I have around 100 players in my scouting queue, almost all 'For 1 Match'. I noticed that scouting happened slowly, so I removed all Assignments and focused on emptying the queue. I have a Chief Scout with 5 Scouts, that is 6 people. I don't think it is possible to check their real output in Scouted Players, but between July and November, they managed to provide reports only to 10-20 players. I also have 2 shortlists around 10 players each that I maintain updates on, but I doubt the effort goes there.

Is there anything that may cause this poor performance, or in the new FM24 Scouts are simply goofing off? That is 2-3 games watched in almost half a year!

There's an ongoing issue in the bugs forum if you want to log your save.

I can confirm it was due to the Scout Feedback being assigned to DoF. After changing to Chief Scout, scouting is progressing, although there are differences from the previous versions.

I don't think it is a bug, it seems like a legitimate penalty when some staff member is too overloaded with responsibilities.

On 31/01/2024 at 19:49, st4lz said:

I can confirm it was due to the Scout Feedback being assigned to DoF. After changing to Chief Scout, scouting is progressing, although there are differences from the previous versions.

I don't think it is a bug, it seems like a legitimate penalty when some staff member is too overloaded with responsibilities.

That would cause an issue for sure. But there is a warning message if scouts are overloaded. There is definitely a bug regarding scouts actually finding players. Some settings/areas work better than others.