Did anyone have luck creating a tactic with 3 AMC players?

I got bored playing with wingers this year so I decided to try a tactic with 3 AMC's. Would love a few tips, tricks or advices on how to set it up effectively.

Untitled.jpg

9 hours ago, JT23 said:

I got bored playing with wingers this year so I decided to try a tactic with 3 AMC's. Would love a few tips, tricks or advices on how to set it up effectively.

Untitled.jpg

I would personally look to run double IWBs and lean heavily into positional play w a setup like this.

A lot of 3 amc formations tend to be strikerless, exploitative approaches that rely heavily on shadow strikers so I’d keep that in mind as you develop your own approach. 

You could try three DMs + 2 amc strata players as well !

Edited by Cloud9

8 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I would personally look to run double IWBs and lean heavily into positional play w a setup like this.

A lot of 3 amc formations tend to be strikerless, exploitative approaches that rely heavily on shadow strikers so I’d keep that in mind as you develop your own approach. 

You could try three DMs + 2 amc strata players as well !

Can you expand more on the positional play part? Would love to try it out!

I actually played with 3 DMs on FM23 and found it too OP with two SVs on attack.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I like it! You could also try out a 2 AM - 2 STR box formation with the two wingbacks providing the width 

I've been avoiding the Box formation for a long time but seems I will have to give it a go. How would you set up DMs and WBs in a Box formation?

3 minutes ago, JT23 said:

I've been avoiding the Box formation for a long time but seems I will have to give it a go. How would you set up DMs and WBs in a Box formation?

Something like how you've set yours, looks fine that 

Then AM(S)/ AP(S) and AM(A)/ SS(A) with a AF(A)/ P(A) and a DLF(S)/CF(S) 

11 hours ago, JT23 said:

Can you expand more on the positional play part? Would love to try it out!

I actually played with 3 DMs on FM23 and found it too OP with two SVs on attack.

Here's an in-depth guide on using the positional play changes introduced this year:

If you're worried about exploitation, utilizing SV(s) will help steer clear of that. Same goes for roles like IWB. 

The 4-2-2-2 formation that @Johnny Ace mentions is also fun to play around with utilizing the principles outlined in that link.

Edited by Cloud9