How do I Passive Counter Attack?

I know it sounds a bit backwards in what I’m asking but it’s hard to describe. I want to create a tactic that is counter attacking but more patient with choosing their attacks (not necessarily less direct - I’m a big fan of my players making runs). Think David Moyes current type of style, but not sitting THAT deep and trying to be at least a smidgen of entertaining. 

My initial thoughts are mid block and possibly a 5-2-3, Narrow 433 or even a 442/4411. But open to suggestions. Generally I’m a fan of balanced mentality but I haven’t had much success on anything less than Attacking on this FM24. Any advice or tips would be good. 

Bosh Wants:- 
Not a low block

Lots of dribbling

No passing style preferred

2 hours ago, Englishhammer said:

I know it sounds a bit backwards in what I’m asking but it’s hard to describe. I want to create a tactic that is counter attacking but more patient with choosing their attacks (not necessarily less direct - I’m a big fan of my players making runs). Think David Moyes current type of style, but not sitting THAT deep and trying to be at least a smidgen of entertaining. 

My initial thoughts are mid block and possibly a 5-2-3, Narrow 433 or even a 442/4411. But open to suggestions. Generally I’m a fan of balanced mentality but I haven’t had much success on anything less than Attacking on this FM24. Any advice or tips would be good. 

Not a low block

Lots of dribbling

Lower mentality (try balanced) on a mid block + one Paqueta would do it. No Paqueta no party for David Moyes it would seem. 

Reduce your trigger press as well and your team will be more patient in choosing their moments out of possession. 

Edited by Cloud9

hace 5 horas, Englishhammer dijo:

Not a low block

Lots of dribbling

I´m currently playing a similar style of football and at the moment using a low-block to achieve this, for me its very entertaining. It depends how pragmatic you are and what do you want to see, for me is that incisive moment when we are out of possesion and you watch your pressing trap funneling the opposition to where I want them to go, when the fish is cooked steal the ball and knowing at that moment that the counter is going to be a CCC.

Following a few threads that are right now on the forum, about defensive tactics and how to defend on the ME I came up with this:

HUESCA2-2-24.png.16956a64f0bea6b94f314ab3e721a66a.png

Keep in mind that you don't need much TI or even sophisticated roles to run a system like this, despite of being a low-block we play lovely football when the team is on possesion of the ball or when teams sit back and dont come out to play.

I´m trying some experiments with less trigger press but I´ve noticed that you need more intelligent players (anticipation, decisions, composure, concentration and positioning) or more micro-management about oppositions threats and how to deal with. Also the dribble less is because at the moment I dont have very good dribblers, but with good ones you can dribble more, of course. 

Resuming you dont need a lot to achieve a lot, sometimes less is more, and the simple the tactic, the more understanding of the tactic itself, you start realizing how your transitions work and what do you want of your players. Hope I can help you and not mislead about what you want to achieve. :brock:

Edited by Guest

Try leaving the counter instruction completely blank. 

That way players have the choice to counter attack or to hold their positions. 

If you select 'counter' they're always going to be looking for it even if it's not necessarily the best decision.