[Discussion] I would get two (2) professionals for the price of one - Board won't allow

rristola

This issue night have been here earlier. Sorry for that.

I'm playing lower leagues. Pretty much "we have no money" managing. So, you would think, that finding a bargain is a wonderful thing. But, FM (or, the Board) says NO!

What happened - I'm trying to find my staff. I can hire head physio and one physio. No other medical staff.

I was able to find a decent physio (9) WITH Sports Science skills (5). For free. Board won't allow this, JUST BECAUSE we can't hire a Sports Scientist!

Come on, that is some extra skill that the chosen physio has...

Question: why can't FM handle these situations in a way that I'm hiring ONE member of staff WITHIN the wage limit?

I do understand that every physio has only some hours to work, and working also as Sports Scientist takes some time away from that, but still...

Edited: It would be OK, if some "older" Board members wouldn't understand the need of Sports Scientists (aso.), but is there any chance to have some variation on the opinions of the Boards. Mainly allowing smart hiring...

Edited by rristola
added some

• 3 weeks later...

Actually it makes sense that instead of having a limiting number of staff members, we should have a budget limitation for staff members. In real life, a lot of clubs pay X to a head coach, allowing him to bring whoever he wants within that budget.

11 hours ago, Ashikodi said:

to bring whoever he wants within that budget

IMO it would be OK, if there would be some variation within the Boards.

Some "old school" Board members could have a strict list of jobs allowed, and they could say "We don't need any Sports Scientists. We have never used them."

Some Board members wouldn't allow at first, but after having a little discussion they would understand the need of those.

And, finally, those Board members, who are ready to give a certain amount of money , and say "Do whatever you want with it!" Maybe there's no list of jobs at all.

This is one of those issues (problems) with SI. You have almost only the main leagues in FM, and this problem appears usually in lower leagues (= mods). Not interested.

I hope that FM would be as near a simulation as it could be. If there a "smart" hiring is denyed, would it be like IRL.

DEVs?

• 2 months later...