Start league after 1 season

falonso

Hi all,

I want to insert a new league in the pyramid after 1 season, but I can't get it to work.
For the first season I want to have 3 national leagues en then regional leagues.
For the second season I want to have 4 national leagues en then regional leagues.

I either get the error that there's a problem with promotion/relegation (0 teams relegated obviously, 24 teams get promoted (to fill the new 4th thier) and the editor keeps saying 'no extra teams needed' even though I filled in that I needed 24 extra teams).
If that's not the error I'm getting, it's an error when it says 'no teams found for stage 0'. That's correct, but I don't want stage 0 to start in the first season. But when I don't make a stage 0 for the first season, I get the error i've described in the sentence above.

Does anyone have any ideas?

As far as I'm aware it's not possible to add an extra division after a year. You can change the format of a division, eg. from regional leagues to a single national league, but not insert an extra division between 2 divisions.

@magicmastermind124 did some wizardry with one of the Canadian DBs where a third tier is added after the first or second season with 1 or 2 teams going down and then new teams, can't quite recall the mechanisms but it was beyond me at the time. The file has two versions, one is automatically used based on how far down the user selects at game start