How does AI club management actually work? Under the hood, how do AI led teams do training etc.

A recent thread (enclosed at the bottom) made me curious - how does AI club management actually work?

An example: I looked more into my current way of playing the game. And it seems like my young players are actually developing even worse than they would have if they were at an AI led team.

That is some achievement by me, hehe.

I think that probably the biggest single reason for this is that I had the default rest settings on "normal" training intensity for the full green heart. I know that every knowledgeable person has it on double. Unless they deliberately try to avoid optimizing things, like I often do. I talk about this in the enclosed thread as well.

I used to do this too (upping the training intensity to "double" at the full green heart). But I went back to normal training intensity at the full green heart because I thought that double intensity would lead to much better player development than what happens at AI teams. As mentioned earlier and in the enclosed thread, I generally try to avoid doing much better than the club would do if it was AI led; try to keep performance at a realistic level. I hate when the game becomes too easy and boring. By far the biggest risk and weakness of the game for me personally. But it can be avoided by being creative.

Anyway, now I went back to double training intensity at the full green heart. As a rule of thumb I like performances on par with AI. But I don't like to be doing even worse than AI. That is too much even for me.

All this makes me wonder - I would love to know more about what actually happens at an AI team. That is, any club in the game but your own. How do they train? How do they scout? How do they recruit?

I thought AI teams did excactly the same as what you own team does if you delegate stuff to the staff.

But at least regarding training I think there is more to it. It is my impression that AI manages to develop young players better than what happens if you use the default training intensity settings (including the suboptimal "normal" intensity setting for the full green heart) and delegate everything regarding training, loans etc. to staff.

This is interesting. It seems like AI does at least a few things smarter than the "delegate to staff" style would suggest. I like that. AI is bad enough as it is. It is a good thing that AI might be at least slightly better than I thought. And at the same time I get curious regarding how AI club management actually works in detail. Perhaps stuff goes on under the hood.