I need some help with allocating European spots in the subdivised league

Mabron

OK so I'm making a DB where I split Denmark into East and West with a playoff cup at the end of the season for the top 5 in each league, sort of like MLS... But the game for some reason allocates all of the European spots for the western league, instead of being allocated according to the championship playoff cup... How do I make sure the 10 teams who qualified for the playoff cup gets their European spots according to how far they made it in the cup?

EDIT: København only has a european spot since they won the FA Cup

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by Mabron

You'll need to set something up here:

20240207135855_1.thumb.jpg.bae67185c5d47728a6f252a344f7583f.jpg

It's something I generally recommend people avoid (it's rarely needed and them using it is usually the problem rather than the solution), but in this case it's definitely what you need.

My champions playoff was a league stage which made it easier, just told it to point there and then at the regular league table for any places left over after all the playoff teams. With a cup playoff it may be a bit harder. The top 3 shouldn't be an issue. You can set Winner, Runner-Up and Third Placed as 3 separate entries there (in order, since the 1 listed first will get the best European place and so on). The issue will be the teams after those, There are options to get teams from a cup stage, it just could be an issue to pick the right QF losers etc. It might be worth making an overall combined league table (like the MLS uses) and getting the top 1-3 from the cup playoff then just setting it to get teams from the overall league table after that for any remaining places.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The top 3 shouldn't be an issue. You can set Winner, Runner-Up and Third Placed as 3 separate entries there (in order, since the 1 listed first will get the best European place and so on). The issue will be the teams after those, There are options to get teams from a cup stage, it just could be an issue to pick the right QF losers etc. It might be worth making an overall combined league table (like the MLS uses)...

OK so all i have to do is this? and no extra things needs to be clicked or added?

4.thumb.PNG.d92c61126fd972a1b19953cb6b61212e.PNG

I wouldn't mind making a combined league table at all, I just don't know how, can you help with that as well?

Edited by Mabron

3 hours ago, Mabron said:

OK so all i have to do is this? and no extra things needs to be clicked or added?

4.thumb.PNG.d92c61126fd972a1b19953cb6b61212e.PNG

I wouldn't mind making a combined league table at all, I just don't know how, can you help with that as well?

Pretty much. Although the cup stage one should point to the correct Stage Index (I'm guessing Stage 0 is one of your league stages). Not sure how it will pick teams from the cup stage either. Worth testing in game to make sure it all works correctly too of course.

As for a combined league table, have a look at how the MLS does it. So something like this:

20240207194306_1.thumb.jpg.fc507d6ce687af8b66e8c7aa42ae1589.jpg

This tells it to take results from one stage into another. Depends how you've set up your competition, but you might need two entries, one for each league stage.

20240207194313_1.thumb.jpg.55c64d1cdb64b72c201753fc26d420de.jpg

This tells it to get matches from the league stage. Again, you might need 2 entries here.

For the Teams page, tell it to get all teams from both league stages. And of course set the number of rounds to 0 so it doesn't generate its own fixtures and make sure Top Team = Champion is turned off.

Edited by rusty217

1 minute ago, rusty217 said:

Pretty much. Although the cup stage one should point to the correct Stage Index (I'm guessing Stage 0 is one of your league stages). Not sure how it will pick teams from the cup stage either. Worth testing in game to make sure it all works correctly too of course.

As for a combined league table, have a look at how the MLS does it. So something like this:

20240207194306_1.thumb.jpg.fc507d6ce687af8b66e8c7aa42ae1589.jpg

This tells it to take results from one stage into another. Depends how you've set up your competition, but you might need to entries, one for each league stage.

20240207194313_1.thumb.jpg.55c64d1cdb64b72c201753fc26d420de.jpg

This tells it to get matches from the league stage. Again, you might need 2 entries here.

For the Teams page, tell it to get all teams from both league stages. And of course set the number of rounds to 0 so it doesn't generate its own fixtures and make sure Top Team = Champion is turned off.

Oh shoot, I may have made a big mistake then, i started with making the league without advanced rules so somehow the subdivisions aren't listed as a stage, I don't know why, but when i play tested it they do work as they should I believe

7.PNG

48 minutes ago, Mabron said:

Oh shoot, I may have made a big mistake then, i started with making the league without advanced rules so somehow the subdivisions aren't listed as a stage, I don't know why, but when i play tested it they do work as they should I believe

Ah, that makes a combined league table quite a bit more difficult. The continental cup qualifications will hopefully still work though, have you tried it out in game yet?

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Ah, that makes a combined league table quite a bit more difficult. The continental cup qualifications will hopefully still work though, have you tried it out in game yet?

Yes, it doesn't work unfortunately.. It seems i may have to start over