[FM 24] The Career of Otis Boudreaux - Who Is He Anyway?

Setting It Up

I am starting out as a 25-year old Sunday League player with no coaching experience, born in Bath, England (my favorite team even though I am an American) with a secondary nationality of German. I also speak Bulgarian, Italian and French. I am starting the game on 12 June 2023, the earliest day in Bulgaria. 
I have loaded the following leagues:
Albania: 4 levels
Andorra: 2 levels
Bulgaria: 4 levels
England: Vanarama North/South
Germany: 5 levels
Kosovo: 3 levels

As I start the game, I have one additional “unwritten rule” that I will not apply for any jobs until after 1 January. So now it is just a waiting game. 

Overall Organization Review

The organization is an amateur organization. There are U-21 and U-19 developmental squads.

Coaching Staff - Since it is an Amateur organization, none of the staff have a salary. I have hired the following staff:

• Coach
  • Goalkeeping Coach
  • General Manager
  • Scout
  • Physio
  • U-19 Assistant Coach

Team Analysis - there is a mix of positions represented in the squad so I will be using a control-possession 4-2-3-1.

• Strikers - Solid 1st choice but then there is a drop-off. I will be digging into the players on amateur contracts
  • AMR/AMC/AML - Right wing looks solid with good depth. There is also some good options in the center. But AML is very weak.
  • MC - Mid-level talent here so will be another focus as we move forward
  • Fullbacks - Right is good, left not so well. So another need
  • Centerbacks - A great one, a weak one. So another targeted need.
  • Goalie - Actually none on the senior squad. So this is obviously my biggest need.

Season So Far - End of January

When I took over Elia Lythrodonta was in 2nd place. There were only 4 games left in the season and league-leading Thoi had a solid 9-point lead. 

The first game of my career was an away match against Adonis Id. Elia started the match strongly and recorded 16 shots and maintained a 65% possession rate. We left Adonis as the 1-0 winners with AMC Nikos Chatzikonstani scoring on a screamer from 21 yards out in the 2nd minute. I would have preferred more goals, but starting out with a win is always a good thing.

There are only 3 games left in the regular season, Home against Elpida (3rd), a much-anticipated match at Thoi (1st) and finishing up with another home match against Frenaros (8th). We currently have a 3-point lead over Elpida. 

At the end of the regular season, the top 8 teams enter a playoff scenario. This lasts until 25 May. The top 3 teams will be promoted to the Triti Katigoria.

Focused Items

• Sign a first-team goalie
  • Upgrade the Central Defenders
  • Upgrade at AML
Edited by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Fix formatting

End of Regular Season - February

Games

With only 3 games I didnt have much more time to see how the team would play before the playoffs. But, surprisingly things went really well.

Elpida (H): W, 2-1. The game was not as close as the score indicated. 16-year old Nikos Chatzikonstani playing in the midfield is a real gem. He, not only pulls the strings on the pitch, but he also can seemingly score at will. He started out the scoring in the 14th minute. Striker Ryan Williams added to the tally in the 21st minute. Even though we had multiple shots on target and seemed to hit every piece of woodwork there is, we never were able to find the back of the net again. Elpida were able to pull one back in the 80th and I felt myself becoming more apprehensive with each highlight that they had the ball in. But we were able to hold them off and enjoyed the victory.

Thoi (A): W, 3-2. This is one I actually had us down to lose, or at best get a draw. I changed the tactic to be much more defensive and to rely on the counter-attack instead of focusing on our traditional possession game. It paid off as 22-year old midfielder Giannis Papadopoulos started off the scoring in the 3rd minute. I was really pleased with how we were able to withstand their onslaught. But they were able to break through our defense in the 36th minute to draw the game level going into the half. The second half was just back and forth with both sides almost finding the net, but luck seemed to have abandoned both sides. Then another 16-year old, Giorgos Charalabous, playing as our striker was able to find a crack in their defense in the 70th minute. But the 2-1 lead only lasted 7 minutes as Thoi were able to fire the ball into the net after a harsh tackle in the box sent Andreas Makris to the spot. With the 2-2 game starting to wind down, Charalabous once again was able to beat the defense and find the back of the net in the 82nd minute. I still cant believe we won this one. It was really a back and forth game and I would have been pleased with the draw, so the victory was a nice surprise.

Frenaros (H): W, 4-1. This game was never really in doubt. Charalabous scored a hat-trick (4,9, 54 minutes) and the other 16-year old Chatziknstanti scored the 4th in the 36th minute. We gave the vistors a concellation score in the 85th minute. The team is playing really well and I am pleased with how we handled these 3 games.

We now are entering the playoffs. The top 3 teams after this 14-game “2nd season” will be promoted. I am not going to think we can take the top spot, but I do feel we can get into one of those promotion spots.

Roster

Goalie: I was able to find one, well, the best of those available. I still am not pleased with him, but he is holding his own. This is still my top target.

The rest of the squad: I am bringing in everyone I can to go on trial with us so I can hopefully find some diamonds in the rough, so to speak. I am adding players to the roster (I have signed 9 players) but with us being an Amateur side I have some flexibility in who I bring in.

Plans Going Forward

My plans are to continue to bring in players and look for who I can find. Also, to finish the season strong and win promotion.

We are on a 12-game non-losing streak and even though those look nice, it seems to add even more pressure to win since no one wants to have that loss that costs us the streak. I know it will happen, but I still like seeing all of those victories.

Mid-Month Updates

Coach Course: The board has agreed to fund my first coaching badge. I was really nervous asking since we are in the midst of the promotion play-offs, but luckily they have agreed to do it.

Additional Coach: The board also let me hire (that is so funny to say since we all work for nothing) another coach. I brought the best available in to help out. I figure every little point helps for sure.

Financial Status: We are in an okay position, but only have about $22,000 and I know we are going to need more to compete at the next level. So, on top of the football, this is a major concern for me.

Scouting Concerns: Right now, we have the scouting package to allow us to scout players in our league, the Cypriot Lower League. Sadly, the talent pool there is lacking, at best. I have been toying with the idea of increasing our scouting range, but the doubling on the monthly charge is something I just cant do right now. I am not sure if that will follow us if we get promoted. But right now, I am not sure about that added expense.

Additional note about the team performance: I would love to take credit for how well the team has been doing, but they were in 2nd place with only 4 games left in the regular season and on a 10-game unbeaten streak when I took the reins. So, in all honesty, I have not really done anything to help the team. I am just hoping to use it as a spring-board to a more lucrative offer somewhere.

March Report

The start of March also saw the start of the promotion play-offs. The projections had us slated to finish 2nd, which would be enough to secure promotion. 

Foinikas (H): W, 2-0. This was a match that was not as close as the score suggested. Elia dominated the number of shots while having slightly less possession. 16 year-old Nikos Chatzikonstani started the scoring with a well-placed shot in the 37th minute. Even though we struggled to find the back of the net, super-sub Baptiste Soppo-Din put the game away with another goal while countering one of the Foinikas attacks. I was really pleased to start this new campaign with a victory.

Apona (A): W, 4-2. Once again, Elia fired 21 shots compared to Apona's 14 and the score reflected that difference. Elia players spread the goal scoring around with 4 different players finding the back of the net. Ryan Williams started the scoring off with a well-placed shot in the 10th minute. Giorgos Panagiotou added a header from a corner in the 35th and Giorgos Charalabous scored on a breakaway in the 37th minute. Winger Giannis Iosifidis seemed to put the game away in the 58th by scoring on a screamer from 20 yards out. But the team seamed to looks focus as they allowed Apona to score in the 70th and 79th minutes. But we regained our focus and held off their onslaught to secure the win.

Thoi (H): W, 3-1. This was an ugly game that saw us outplayed but we were able to earn this win. Giorgos Charalabous scored in the 35th minute and sealed the win with another well-placed shot in the 68th. Giannis Papdopoulos added the 3rd goal with a header from a corner in the 37th minute. Once again, we let them get back into the game with a score in the 77th, but that was all they were able to do against the changed team focus to very defensive in the last 15 minutes. It is a nice feeling to get a victory when the team isnt playing well...like happened in this match.

Olympos (A): W, 2-0. This was a game that concerned me so I put us on a defensive formation with very short passing and a focus on taking advantage of counter-attacking. It worked to perfection as Nikos Chatzikonstani scored in the 25th and 35th minutes. Both of these scores came off of well-played counter attacks. With every win we get, I seem to get more concerned that once we lose, what it will do to our morale.

Elpida Astromeriti (A): 2-0. This game saw us dominate all aspects of the game and the score reflected it. Giorgos Petridis scored in the 40th minute and Panagiotis Panagiotou sealed the victory in a well-placed shot in the 89th. I think we hit both posts and the cross-bar before we finally scored that goal that sealed the match.

Elipida (H): D, 0-0. This was an ugly game with a rival, that neither of the teams seemed to want to win. We controlled the possession (65% to 35%) but were unable to take advantage of it. To be honest, I feel we were lucky to walk away with a draw. We just played ugly. Hopefully now that we have that out of our system we can get back on form. The highlight of the match had to be the penalty-shot save by our current goalie, Giannos Dimitriou, in the 84th minute. I KNEW when the penalty was awarded that we were going to lose the match, but Dimitriou rose to the challenge and helped secure the victory.

Aprill Matches
Adonis Id (A)
Apona (H)
Fionikas (A)
Thoi (A)

Thoughts and Considerations

We currently are in 1st place with a 6-point lead over the 2nd and 3rd place teams (they are tied). We also have a +8 Goal Difference over the team in 2nd. So with 8 matches to go, I think we have a good chance of getting promoted.

I have had no luck trying to find better players. I have sent a contract to a player that was released from the top-tier in Cyprus. Hopefully he will accept. That will be a huge one for us. The financial side of this save is going to be a challenge. I will be looking for a new opportunity as soon as things settle down. Unless we get a sudden influx of money, this team will struggle at the next level, just because we dont have the support to sustain ourselves at the higher levels in Cyprus.

April Report

Adonis (A): D, 2-2. The team came into this one with their minds on something else as we went down 0-2 in the first half. I have to admit, I wasnt a happy camper in the locker room, but it seemed to have worked out. We came out and Nikos Chatzikonstani got us back on the board with a well-placed shot in the 49th minute. Giorgos Charalabous drew the match level in the 62nd minute. On paper we should have won this one, but the lack of focus really hurt us. I was pleased to get a draw out of this one.

Apona (H): W, 3-1. We traveled back home to record a dominate win. Goals scored by Giorgos Panagoitou (18th minute), an own goal off of a well stuck header in the 36th and Giorgos Charalabous rounding out the scoring in the 41st. The team seemed to lose interest in the second half and finally allowed Apona to get one back in the 92nd minute. This is something I need to work on. We seem to lose focus at the end of the half and play really sloppily. But the win is a win, so I will take it.

Foinikas (A): W, 2-1. This was a really poorly played game by us. We were finally able to score when Nikos Chatzikonstanti slotted one in from the penalty-spot and Nikos Kryiakou seemingly securing the victory by scoring after catching the defense out of sorts on a counter attack. But that lapse of focus hit us again as we allowed Foinikas to score in the 95th minute. This gets us closer to an automatic promotion place.

Thoi (A): W, 2-1. It felt like this one was going to be an easy victory as Giorgos Charalabous scored in the 17th minute and Marios Panagiotou scored a fantastic goal in the 43rd minute. But once again, the end of the half, we got sloppy and allowed Thoi to score in the 47th minute. The second half was marred by sloppy play and a series of penalties. The one big concern was the injury to newly signed RB Petros Dimosthenous in the 35th minute. Hopefully it is not too bad of an injury.

May Matches
Olympos (H)
Elpida Astromeriti (H)
Elpida (A)
Adonis (H)

• BrnwsBucksFanNC changed the title to [FM 24] The Career of Otis Boudreaux - Who Is He Anyway?

May Matches

Olympos (H): W, 3-0. The elated team returned home after securing promotion to easily beat Olympos. The team seems to play better with a "cautious" mentality. So we continued to use it with the team focusing on playing counter attacking football instead of a more attacking style. The scoring was shared as Giannis Papadopoulos (14th minute), Giorgos Vasileiou (22nd minute) and Giorgos Charalabous (57th minute) were able to find the back of the net. The only downside of the match was the injury to injury to 16 year-old Nikos Chatzikonstanti which would see him miss the next 2 weeks. This young man was responsible for 11 goals and 11 assists this season so his injury was definitely going to cause some issues.

Elpida Astromeriti (H): D, 2-2. This back-and-forth match was marred by a series of fouls by both sides that eventually resulted in 3 yellow cards being issued to the visitors. Giannis Papadopoulos started out the scoring in the 15th minute. We missed numerous chances and eventually allowed the visitors to draw level in the 28th minute. The second half once again saw neither team being able to score until Nikolas Charalabous gave us the lead in the 56th minute, only to see the game draw level again in the 68th minute. On the ensuing kick-off, we took the ball down and were impeded in the box resulting in a penalty being awarded. Giorgos Charalabous stepped up to the spot and skillfully clatter the ball off of the left upright, missing the open net due to the keeper going to wrong way. 

Elpida (A): D, 0-0. This was an ugly match, just ugly. There was no desire, no fire, we played so flat. I think this is the worst match we have played so far under m leadership. The less sadi about it the better. It is over, yuck. We had 15 shots, 9 on target, and was unable to find the back of the net...I guess that says it all.

Adonis (H): W, 2-1. We returned home to end out the playoff part of the season in the hopes that we would be able to go through this part of the season without a loss. In the press conference that was one of the areas discussed and I tried to play it down. This match also saw the return of Nikos Chatzikonstanti who I hoped would be able to work his magic and set up some goals for the team. Marios Panagiotou started off the scoring for us in the 3rd minute and I thought this was going to be an easy one. We were moving the ball well and the opposition were not able to even take a shot on goal. In spite of 21 shots with 8 on target, we were not able to score again. The visitors were able to draw level in the 52nd minute and it looked like we would be lucky to escape with a draw when in the 89th minute we got the winner. It was off of a corner, a shot was taken, careened off of a couple of players and was headed into the net by one of the defenders. That proved to be the final score and secured us the victory. 

Final Playoff Standings

spacer.png

I am really shocked that the team that won the league, Thoi, finished 7th. I think it may be that they lost their manager right before the playoffs started. There is part of me that wonders if they were not smart for not pushing to get promoted due to the challenges of staying up.

Season 2024-25 Expectations

spacer.png

spacer.png

Note on Roster: The starting 11 will change from what is shared in the image due to some signings we have that will join us on 1 July 2024.

Finances: I am very concerned that we dont go into the red. So I am going to try to keep as many people (staff included) on their Amateur deals. 

My Contract: I was offered a new contract which I accepted. I didnt ask for a salary because I need to try to save as much money as I can.

Staff Update: One of the things that happened because we went professional is the board increased the number of scouts I can hire. But the best one available (rated 4 for JPA/JPP) wanted $2.1K per month. It was not worth it to me for that quality of a staff member.

Scouting: I was pleased to find out that the "same level" scouting moves with us as we move up, so it is good to know I can look at players in this league to bolster the side.

Best Off-Season Signings

Finally Found a Good Goal-Keeper

spacer.png

Upgrades at Midfield

spacer.png

spacer.png

Needs: Im still looking for an upgrade at Attacking Mid-Left and both Fullbacks. But this is a work in progress so I need to take it one step at a time.

End of the Pre-Season Friendlies

Before we get off to the results, I wanted to share the season ticket news for 2024. This was a nice surprise and I hope we can continue to see this kind of growth.

spacer.png

Friendly Results

spacer.png

Income and Expenditures for the Preseason

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thoughts and Musings: I didnt realize when I booked those friendly matches that the majority of them were against sides from Syria. I was more concerned how much income we would make from them. The first 2 were against teams from the upper levels in Cyprus and the difference in ability levels was apparent. On top of the losses, the team was not reacting well to my pep-talks. I even had a mini-rebellion on my hands. Winning the next match helped before 2 more games where we couldnt seem to get off of the ground. But the 4-game stretch at the end was a nice surprise for sure. Plus, the income we were able to garner from those matches will be a huge benefit as the season progresses. There were actually 2 of those matches where it was a sell-out, so I am hoping we can get some more fans in the seats. We average a little over 100 tickets sold last season, so I would love to see that increase to the 125-150 range. 

I know this season is going to be a tough one, but we are going to give it our best,

2024-25 Team Analysis

Goalie
Ardit Hyseni (4.5) 24-year-old from Kosovo. He is currently on an Amateur contract which I am sure will have to be converted to a paid one sometime this season. But I will let it ride as long as I can. His high Handling rating (12) will help with dropping those shots. I am working on improving his One on Ones (7) but this still is an improvement from last season. I hope he will anchor the back of the team and keep he scores reasonable.
Giannos Dimitriou (2) 29-year-old from Cyprus. The starting keeper that I signed during last season is a worthy backup, but I felt that his low ratings in numerous areas would cause us trouble in this upcoming season.
Analysis: I think we are sitting pretty good here, barring injuries. I do have some youngsters that can fill in as a last resort if needed. Finding Hyseni, and more importantly, getting him to agree to a contract was a huge win for us.

Right Back
Laurin Mohm (3/4) 20-year-old from Germany. This youngster appeared in my Scouting feed being shopped by his last team, SV Elversberg, and after bringing him in on a trial I liked what I saw so I was able to get him to join us. 
Petros Dimoshenous (2/2.5) 27-year-old, Cyprus. This ambitious player performed well during the pre-season. To know that I have him in case of an injury to Mohm is a nice luxury.
Analysis: I feel like we are solid here. Dimoshenous played better than his ratings during pre-season, but I was concerned that he would be able to sustain that. When Mohm became available, and after what we saw from him during the friendlies, it was a no-brainer to bring him in.

Central Defenders
Giorgos Vasileiou (2.5/4) 17-year-old, Cyprus. He was on the team last season and I feel like he will be able to hold his own as he continues to improve. He can also play DM (which I dont use) and central mid-fielder.
Christoforos Charalabous (3) 32-year-old, Cyprus. Another veteran from last season. He can also play left fullback. He is the "old man" of the side and provides a great veteran presence to this overly young squad.
Christos Djamas (3), 28-year-old, Cyprus. This new addition can also provide support as a central mid-fielder. He will be rotated into the starting 11 on a regular basis.
Analysis: The lads played well during pre-season, but this is one of those positions that I feel like you cant have too much depth at. I will be on the lookout for an upgrade should one become available. But with that being said, I think they will do good, how good and for how long remains to be seen.

Left Back
Jeremy Siarakas (3/4.5) 22-year-old, Australia. His main position is left mid-field. But his quality in left back is something I couldnt pass up. He wants to play as an Inverted Wing-Back and I agreed to let him do so. One thing that is a nice surprise with this is how he gets forward. I was impressed to see that during the pre-season. I hope it continues.
Andreas Stavrou (.5/2) 23-year-old, Cyprus. He is not a great backup, but he is the best I have. I am going to train a player for this position and will keep my eyes open for an upgrade.
Analysis: Finding and signing Siarakas was a good win for us. I knew this would be a weak spot in the team and he provides a great upgrade for us. With that being said, I need to be on the lookout for some depth here. As we move through the season I will be searching the player-list for backups.

Central Midfielders
Marios Emmanouil (4.5) 26-year-old, Cyprus. This new signing is a huge upgrade. His command of the midfield was evident during the pre-season and I dont see any reason for it not to continue. He also filled in as the AMC during the pre-season. He can also add a new element to the team by being able to play this position as well.
Charalabos Tsiapinis (4) 19-year-old, Cyprus. Another new signing who can play as a Central Midfielder as well as a Mezzala. He is focusing on improving his dribbling (2) but otherwise I feel he can provide a really good option for us there.
Giannis Papadopoulos (2/4) 22-year-old, Cyprus. This versatile youngster can also play all 3 attacking midfielder positions. He was a member of the squad from last season. He needs to improve his passing (5) to make him a truly valuable player for us. But knowing he is there if I need him is a nice piece to have in my hip pocket.
Bradley Mason (3/4) 26-year-old, Scotland. This is another player that was a last-minute signing. He joins us from East End in England. His agent was offering him around and he is another one that we were able to bring in for a look and we liked what we saw and he liked what we had to offer him. Having a stable player that can step up if needed is a nice bonus to have.
Analysis: This was an area that I knew would need upgraded and made a concentrated effort to bring in some new players. I feel like we were able to accomplish this and as long as injuries dont cause me any headaches, I think we are in a good place with the midfield.

Attacking Mid-Right
Nikos Kryiakou (2.5/3.5) 25-year-old, Cyprus. Another new signing at the end of last season. His passing, along with great ratings in work rate, acceleration and pace brings us a much-needed upgrade to this position. He is another player who can play as an AMC if needed.
Christos Sofokleous (1.5/3) 25-year-old, Cyprus. While he doesnt have the overall quality I need, his skills with the ball cannot be denied. He filled in nicely when Kryiakou was injured during the pre-season. So having that experience will be good, if we need it. He can also play AML so that flexibility is an added bonus.
Analysis: This is another position that saw a good upgrade. Christos came work some magic with the ball, so if Nikos is injured again, I am not that concerned that Sofokleous cannot rise to the challenge.

Attacking Mid-Central
Nikos Chatzikonstanti (3.5/4) 16-year-old, Cyprus. This youngster is a little firecracker. Last season he had 11 goals and 11 assists in 32 matches. Not only is he good with the ball, but his Decisions (12), Determination (13), and Flair (12) are great assets. When matched with his Work Rate (12), Vision (13) and Teamwork (10) it is easy to imagine that he will continue to do great things.
Giorgos Themistokleous (1/3) 23-year-old, Cyprus. On paper, he is my backup. But he needs to develop quite a bit more before I feel comfortable putting him into a match. Luckily I have some options to use if Nikos is not able to play and Giorgos is more of a last resort.
Analysis: Nikos is a joy to watch. I think the challenge with him will be hanging onto him. But as long as I do, and he is healthy, I feel this is a position of strength. Luckily I have some depth from the central midfield that I can call on if Giorgos gets injured. 

Attacking Mid-Left
Valentinos Sofokleous (2/3.5) 24-year-old, Cyprus. His Acceleration (11), Agility (11), Pace (11) and First Touch (9) will provide is some flexibility, but his Passing (5) is of some concern. He performed well during pre-season and I dont see any reason that wont continue.
Giorgos Panagiotou (1.5/4) 23-year-old, Cyprus. Giorgos was a part of the squad last season. I just felt that there were some concerns with his First Touch and Passing (both are 5) that I needed to bring in an upgrade. But I think he can fill in if needed this season.
Analysis: This position has been a need ever since I took over the side...and it still is. Sofokleous played well during the pre-season, but I dont think he is a good long-term choice for us. The same can be applied to Panagiotou, IF he develops (and that is a big "if" at this point) he will be a great player. But until he does, I need to keep my eyes open for upgrades.

Striker
Giorgos Charalabous (2.5/4) 16-year-old, Cyprus. This fireball scored 16 goals last season and had 6 assists. He needs to improve his Finishing and Bravery (both are 5) to make him one of the top goal scorers in the league. I am counting on him to do that.
Andreas Kosma (1/3) 23-year-old, Cyprus. Andreas was signed at the end of last season, more as an emergency than anything else. His ability to finish and think on his feet has allowed him to score during the pre-season and I feel comfortable with him needing to fill in if anything happens to Giorgos.
Analysis: Charalabous proved his worth last season and even though the competition has gotten better, my hope is he did as well. Kosma filled in nicely during the pre-season, but I didnt realize how weak this position was until I started this analysis. I am bringing in every free agent to see if I can find a player that someone has missed. I fear that Charalabous will get an offer he cant refuse...and I need to be ready for it...which I am not.

Overall Analysis
I think we look good, all things considered. The Board expects us to fight relegation, I think that is doable. I will be keeping my eyes open for upgrades though. I think I would be negligent if I didnt do so.

Extra Note: I completed my National C license. As soon as the Board lets me, I am going to start on my National B. I figure it is the least they can do since I am working for free. 

Monthly Report - August 2024

Match Reports
Aspis Pylas (H): W, 4-2. The pundits said we should win this so I guess I went into it a little more arrogant than I should have. Valentinos Sofokleous (4th) started off the scoring for us and it gave me a feeling things would go well. But then Aspis struck and scored twice within 5 minutes. Both of their shots went in after hitting the crossbar. They actually hit it 2 more times, but luckily those didnt result in scores. Charalabos Tsiapinis (41st) drew the match level before going into the half before Nikos Chatzikonstanti (46th) put us in a better position to tackle the second half. Aspis didnt stop coming after us but we didnt break anymore. The match was put out of touch in the 84th minute when Giannis Papadopoulos found the back of the net.

Ormideia (A): W, 3-1. This one, the pundits went against us and said we wouldnt be able to head home with any points. It felt like the team listened to them as Ormideia started a barrage of attacks that I knew would eventually lead to a goal, which it did in the 24th minute. The team seemed to be overwhelmed by the atmosphere, even though there were less than 100 fans in the stands. During the halftime discussions, I ignored the recommendations of the Assistant Manager (who I replaced) and tore into the team. It seemed to work as they came out with a different mindset for the second half. I also made 4 changes to the side in the hope we could at least get a point out of the match. The players had other ideas as Nikos Chatzikonstanti found the back of the net twice, in the 70th minute and to seal the win with an 83rd minute score. Andreas Kosma got into the action by scoring his own goal with a well-placed shot in the 72nd minute. 

September Matches
Aspis Pylas (H) - Kypello Kyprou Cup First Round
MEAP (H)
Spartakos (A)
Lympia (A)

League Table
spacer.png

Interesting Emails

spacer.png

Interesting Reading After Match Against Ormideia

spacer.png

Thoughts and Musing
I am still in a sort of state of shock after these results. The first match, I thought we could win, but the second match, that one had me just about ready to jump off of the couch. Every game we win adds to or unbeaten streak, which adds even more pressure. I feel lucky that we also drew Aspis Pylas for our first-round match in the cup, and the added bonus that it is at home. 

I also replaced my Assistant Manager and one of my coaches. They are not superstars, but they are definite improvements over what I had. 

An odd thing with the promotion/relegation playoffs
The regular season consists of 15-games. Then the league is split, the top-8 teams enter a promotion play-off and the bottom-8 enter a relegation play-off. The top 3 teams in the promotion play-off would be promoted and the bottom 3 of the relegation playoff are relegated. The promotion play-off starts as a new season per se, and not carrying any points forward.  But the teams in the relegation play-off carry their points forward from the 15-game segment of the season. 

Even though I am playing every match, I am not sure if I will continue these in-depth match analysis. I am not sure if people are reading them, let alone enjoying them. 

I also am finding that I dont like not having the editor on for a save, haha. It has nothing to do with player ratings or anything like that....I dont like that I cannot change the kits. These are so bland...a white kit....and a green kit, which I have never even seen. I would really like to add some more color to the kits.

I hate to admit it, but I still have an eye out for other jobs. The Board has agreed for pay for my National B license, so maybe that will make a more enticing candidate.

September Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Result Considerations

I was sort of worried during the Aspis Cup match, and even though we won the match, we lost Winger Nikos Kryiakou for 2 weeks with a pulled hamstring and Attacking Midfielder Giorgos Charalabous for 3 weeks due to a back strain. Since the team is still starting to come together I was afraid it would negatively impact us. I saw a much less polished side in the MEAP match but we were able to hold on for a draw. The match with Spartakos is one we should have won. At worst, we should have walked away with a draw but Nikos Chatzikonstanti missed a shot from the penalty spot in the 67th minute. It was just not our night. We then traveled to Lympia where even though we took 14 shots, with 9 on target, we were only able to find the back of the net once. With us playing against better opposition, to come out of the month with 4 points from 3 matches, I cant really complain.

League Table and Cup Results

spacer.png

We dropped to 4th in the league table and even though it is early in the season, I am pleased with that. The thing I need to keep an eye on is we are only 3 points away from dropping into the relegation playoff...a place I would like to stay out of. We were not expected to move past the first round of the Cup, so that was a nice win for us. I think our run ends with the next match though. We are to face APOEL, a top-tier side here in Cyprus.

Next Month's Matches

spacer.png

We are on the road for 3 matches, one being the cup draw. I would be pleased to get 5 points out of those matches. I know that 4 is more reasonable, but a guy can hope cant he? The cup match, well, it isnt even at home for us to have a chance to get some more money. No pressure on that one huh?

Looking Forward - Thoughts and Musings

I am really concerned about the finances. We are losing money each month, even though I have tried to keep us operating as cheaply as we can, it doesnt seem to be doing much good. Our attendance is averaging over 115 a match. I hope that continues. Injuries are a problem and I was even faced with the possibility of having to sit my new goal-keeper, luckily he recovered in time. One match at a time is all I can do. I did replace my scouts so hopefully we can get some better recommendations.

18 hours ago, Sizeman21 said:

Loving your updates so far, I'm reading along. Keep it up dude!

Thanks! I havent gotten in to a save like this one in quite a while...enjoy sharing it and glad you are enjoying it as well.

October Report

Match Results

spacer.png

All things considered, I am really pleased with our results for this month. I knew the APOEL match would be a long-shot, so I am pleased the score was as close as it was. One really bright spot was GK Ardit Hyseni stopped a PK in the 29th minute. The Latsia and Geroskipou matches, we got the results we expected, even though the pundits picked us to draw them both. I was really worried about the Digenis Morfou match. We had actually moved to top of the table after the Geroskipou match and after the loss in the cup match, it was a perfect setup for us to drop all 3 points. On top of that, Digenis had just been relegated so the odds of them being of better quality was pretty good. The team played really well, absorbed the scoring attempts but after going down 1 in the first half, I didnt see how we could claw our way back into the match. Then in the 86th minute one of our players went down in the box and the ref pointed to the spot. Youngster Nikos Chatzikonstanti stepped up and showed the poise of someone much older than his 16 years as he cooly slotted the ball into the open bottom left corner of the net as he sent the keeper to the right. At that point I went as defensive as I could and employed every delaying tactic in the books to earn us 1-point in very tough surroundings. 

League Table

spacer.png

What can I say? Level on the top on points, only back on goal difference. I am super-pleased with how we are doing.

November Matches

spacer.png

New Signing

spacer.png

Considerations

This youngster had been floated to me by an intermediary as he was looking for a new home. We brought him in on a trial and with all of the interest in my 16-year old dynamo attackers I knew I would need to bring in some depth. He is joining on a team-friendly contract of $50 per appearance. He is the second player we have brough over from England. I like that pipeline for us for sure.

Looking Forward - Thoughts and Reflections

There are only 7 matches left in the first stage of the season. After November, things get really slow for us with only 1 match in December and 1 in January before the final 2 in February. I would like to say I feel comfortable, but with only 6 points between the top of the table and the relegation playoff spots, things could go south in a real hurry. But with that being said, at no point did I think we would be sitting in the top 3 after 3 months of league play. The board expects us to beat the drop by fighting it out in the relegation zone, my heart would do better if we were in the play-off spots for promotion. I know this is putting the cart before the horse, but IF we are able to be in that top group, I dont want to be promoted yet. We need to stabilize the squad and get more supporters to fill the seats...to get more money in the bank. But that is 7 matches away...so lets just get points 1 match at a time....

Thanks for reading along and I hope yall are enjoying reading this as much as I am enjoying playing it 

November Report

Match Results

spacer.png

When I looked at the schedule for this month, I felt that 4-5 points was possible. At no point did I think we would win all 3 matches. The Assia match was not as close as the score indicated. One big issue I am seeing is the shots on target vs goals scored ratio. If we are lucky, we are in the 20-25% range. We are moving the ball, setting up the shots and just missing way too many. That is what happened in both the Assia and Chalkanoras matches. The Achyronas match was the outlier. We were out shot 20 to 10. But after going down we clawed our way back after I berated the squad on the pitch. All of the goals were scored in the first half so we dropped back as defensively as we could and absorbed the onslaught. Somehow we continue to find ways to win and that is starting to translate to butts in the seats. I hope that continues as well as us staying competitive. I really enjoyed proving the pundits wrong as we were slated to lose all 3 of these matches.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

We moved back to the top of the table after the Assia match and held on to it for the whole month. The media prediction had us finishing 13th, I think we are going to do better than that.

December/January Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

We only have 1 match per month, so I will combine them in the next post. Based on the current rankings, we are going to face the 7th and 8th placed teams. I think 3 points is doable from those 2 matches.

Looking Forward - Thoughts and Reflections

This is not a position I thought we would end up in. We are sitting at the top of the table....and I really dont want to be there. We are not ready to be promoted. We dont have a good enough cash-flow to sustain anything beyond where we are. We can finish on the top in this stage and not worry about that happening, but in the second half of the season, the points reset. The top 3 teams in the promotion playoff gets promoted. I dont want to be in those spots. So I will probably have to figure out a way to deal with that....once we get there. Another odd thing, I am still on an Amateur contract. The board has not indicated they are interested in changing that (even though I finally have an A+ grade from them and the supporters) but they are paying for my coaching badges. I havent heard from any other teams yet....and at this point...Im not sure what I will do if I am asked....another thing to consider for sure.

Thanks for reading and following along...this is getting interesting...

December and January Report

Match Results

spacer.png

I scheduled a friendly to keep the squad in playing-form since we had such a long break. The Olympos match was one I was very frustrated with. We hit the woodwork but couldn't find the back of the net. We seemed to be distracted by the fact we could secure a playoff spot and were lucky to head home with a point. The Elpida match was another frustrating one. We should have won by a bigger margin, but Nikos Chatzikonstani had a penalty kick blocked in the 14th minute. But we were able to hold on to the win. I knew we needed a better penalty taker and new signee Lewis Rawsthorn is a much better option for us.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

Somehow we are still at the top of the table. I dont know who is more shocked, the pundits or me. 

February Matches

spacer.png

My New Contract Payment

spacer.png

Thoughts

They offered me a new contract with no salary, but a 40% salary increase for promotion and a 35% decrease for relegation. I know I am not a math genius...but 40% of nothing...is nothing. So I just told them I would stay with my existing contract with is until June 2025. One thing they have readily agreed to is to pay for my coaching badges. So by the end of the season I should have my National A license.

Transfer News

Losses

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thoughts

I had no idea that Giorgos was even considering leaving until I got the notification he was considering a contract. I tried to offer him a new contract, but he rejected it. He was on a Appearance contract in an attempt to control costs, guess it backfired on me. With Tsiapinis, yea, I was kind of glad to see him go. I have been trying to upgrade the AML ever since I got here and have had no luck. He complained earlier in the month that he felt we were weak at that position (no kidding!) and we talked, I told him I was trying to bring players in. When I saw he was offered a contract with Deryneia, I reached out to offer him a contract (he was also on a Appearance contract) and he wouldnt even talk to me because he was "angry from our last conversation"...yea...okay...bye.

New Signing

spacer.png

Thoughts

What do you do when you lose a midfielder? Go out and sign another one!

My Season Goal Achieved 

spacer.png

Thoughts

My goal at the beginning of the season was to not get embroiled in a fight to stay up in the relegation playoffs. We achieved that. We are playing for pride the last 2 matches in the first part of the season, but after that, it is just to finish out the season. I think the losses are going to negatively impact us, but we have the rest of the season to get the side stable again. 

Looking Foward - Thoughts and Considerations

At this point, it is all about just solidifying the side. I want to know who we have playing where. I want to get more bodies in the stadium and I am looking forward to (hopefully) getting a more lucrative sponsorship deal before next season. Our current one is only $19K. I hope our better performance garners us more supporters (currently707) and more season ticket holders. Since I am only under contract (for a whopping 0$ in salary) until June, who knows what the future holds after that....I guess we have to wait and see. There is still the 2nd half of the season to get through....after we get through February.

Once again, thanks for reading along...this is sort of an obsession at this point. What is the saying....just one more match....

February Report

spacer.png

Match Results

spacer.png

The victory against Omonoia was a good way to keep our title hopes alive and new Striker Rawsthorn earned his play by slotting a beautifully placed shot on the bottom left of the net after we were awarded a penalty. It came down to the last match. We had a 3-lead and all we needed was to get a draw to secure the win. Once again, we were awarded a penalty and were able to convert, but then the wheels came off when we gave up 2 goals within 3 minutes. Despite our best efforts we were not able to get the equalizer. Luckily, results went our way and we were able to win the league title despite the loss. 

League Table

spacer.png

What can I say? We pulled it off. The media had us pegged to finish the season 13th and we won the league. The worst we can do now is finish 8th...not too bad.

Board Considerations

spacer.png

Maybe they will consider paying me sometime soon!

March Fixtures

spacer.png

We have a busy month ahead for sure. But it will give us a good foundation to start with. I am toying with the idea of swapping out the squad for the home and away matches. It is a catch-22 for sure. If I tank then the board and fans get mad, but we cant sustain going up yet....

We achieved the goal I had for us. Now to sit back and try to figure out how to keep everyone happy while making sure we can stay down. I know that sounds odd I guess, but we are losing money and if we get promoted, the price of everyone goes up...which we just cant do right now. So time to hit the pitch and see how well we do.

Thanks for reading along, this save is getting really interesting....I may see if they will pay for my next coaching badge ...who knows?

March Report

Match Results

spacer.png

The MEAP match was a tough one. We just couldnt seem to figure out how to play anymore so that was one I was glad when it ended. We bounced back against Achyronas and Rawsthorn scored from the spot again. The Digenis match was another one where we struggled. I have been playing more "park the bus" then I think I ever have. But with this side, it works more than it doesnt. Even though Rawsthorn scored from the spot again, he was starting to get criticized and I was toying with the idea of putting him on the bench, but I kept hoping he would come into his own. The Omonoia match saw us get back to things as normal as we kept up the pressure from the back line and never allowed them to get into a rhythm. The APEP match finally saw Rawsthorn settle down and start to play the way I expected him to. He was able to slot another penalty shot away and also found the back of the net during a nice counterattack and the match was not even as close as the score suggested .A great month for us for sure.

League Table - Promotion Playoffs

spacer.png

This is going to be interesting....I never really expected us to be in this position...

April Matches

spacer.png

We have 4 matches in April and then 4 in May to end the season. The upcoming ones see us going against 3 of the top teams in the promotion playoff. I pegged Digenis to be one of those promoted. I think 3 points is realistic for March.

Good News...Maybe??

spacer.png

It looks like I might actually get a contract where I get paid! Lets see what happens. Funny how I got this at the end of the month, so I dont even know what they will do.

I have been pleased with Rawsthorn's play, but I know he isnt the long-term answer for us. I have put a bid in on a player that will be a great improvement for us, if he actually signs. I hate that I am so back and forth about not wanting to get promoted. I think in the long run, it will hurt us. I guess I will start to play some of the backup players to get us to drop, but I hate running the risk of us just falling a part and finishing last. I never thought this would be a consideration for us. I guess it is a good problem to have....

Appreciate those of you who are reading and following along...this is a save that has already gotten me not wanting to stop....just one more game....

One thing I have been thinking about...and I dont know the answer to. IF, and that is a big IF, but if we are able to hold onto that 3rd spot and get promoted, would we actually be in a better position financially? Our sponsorship deal is up for renewal at the end of the season and I would have to think we would get even more supporters at an even higher level.

So there is the part of me thinking we will play our hardest, if we get promoted, then great, we fight to stay up. If we stay in our current league, then nothing lost.

Something to definitely think about...

April Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

The Spartakos match was one of those matches that nothing really exciting happened. We were able to score and keep them out of the net, so we got the result we wanted. The Achryonas match was the exact opposite. It was a back and forth scoring frenzy until we were able to put the game away with short passing, delaying tactics and 2 well placed shots. As we got ready for the MEAP match the Assistant Manager suggested we "Get Stuck In" to unsettle them. So I agreed, made sense in light of everything. We started off the scoring, then 15 minutes into the match, we made a rough tackle in the box which resulted in them scoring from the spot. 10 minutes later, it happened again. So I got rid of that instruction and went back to my regular style of playing. We were able to score again to level the match and I was more than satisfied with that. But then they clattered into one of my players in the box and Rawsthorn was able to send the keeper the wrong way and secure the win for us. Diegenis was coming off of a 5-0 victory and I knew they were riding on a high. Somehow we kept this one from getting out of hand and only conceded 1. I guess it isnt a good sign when they mention how many saves Hyseni has had in the buildup to the start of the match.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

We actually were top of the table for 3 weeks and only lost it after the 0-1 loss to Digenis. I think we have a chance of getting back on top, if they can somehow lose their form during the last 4 matches.

May Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Not a bad finish to the season, 2 home and 2 away. Mid to bottom of the table so very doable for us.

Playoff Odds

spacer.png

Thoughts

I keep looking at this and I really think we have a good chance of going through. I am not sure that we can pull off winning this phase, but going up, yea, I think we can do that.

Looking Forward - Thoughts and Considerations

After spending the whole season saying I didnt want to get promoted, I have changed my mind. We are on a great run, there are more supporters in the seats which will translate into more revenue for the club. Being at a higher level is never a bad thing. I think we can even stay up once we get there. With all of that being said...we have to get promoted first.

As far as my new "contract"....yes, they did offer me a new deal, for 2 years. I have the following provisions: Promotion Salary Increase: 25%; Relegation Salary Drop: 35%; Percentage of Club Compensation Required for Coaching Role: 80%. Not too bad huh? Yea, but my new salary is....ready for it? $0 per year! Yep, thats right, a whopping big ole goose egg. 

At least they are paying for my coaching badges. Maybe it will be time for my Continental C license soon?

I have also added Portugal (2 of my scouts are extensive there), Greece (same reason as for Portugal), Italy (proximity), Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales (why not) with all but Ireland starting in June.

Once again, thanks for following along....I am really enjoying this....and I am even a "favored person" now for the club!

May Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

We decided to put it all on the line and it paid off. The Olympos match was really ugly. There were 5 Yellow Cards issued (only 1 to us) so it was tough for either side to settle into the match. I was realizing that a match we really needed to win would be a draw, if we were lucky. Then in stoppage time, we put together a great counterattack where Rawsthorn beat the keeper to give us the 1-0 win. My wife is sitting beside me and I think I scared her when we scored the winner. The Omonoia match was a technical battle. But the quality of this side showed through as we easily won the contest. One thing I did like was the 3 goals were all scored by different people. We then headed home to play APEP in our last home match of the season. If we won we were guaranteed to finish top of the playoff table. No pressure, huh? Once again, the match seemed to go very well. 3 goals scored by 3 different people. One nice surprise was I swapped Rawsthorn for Andreas Kosma who is really good at set pieces. He showed his class when he curved the ball around the wall to score from a free kick right outside the box. The last match, I had a disagreement with my Assistant. He wanted to swap the whole roster out (wanted to swap 7 players for the APEP match, which I didnt do) and I didnt swap them for the last match. I wanted to allow them to finish what they started. But maybe he was on to something. We played really flat...and it showed as we got the draw in the match. Ironically, I think if Spartakos had scored it would have fired my team up. But to get 10 points out of 4 matches...yea...Ill take that.

League Table

spacer.png

At the start of this season I thought we would be lucky to stay up. But things started to fall into place. I still am kind of in shock over this season. But I cant argue with the results. Great job from the lads!

End of the 2024-25 Season

Season Stats

spacer.png

Moments to Remember

spacer.png

Best Eleven

spacer.png

End of Season Finances

spacer.png

Best Finishing Position in the League

spacer.png

2025-26 Season Objectives

spacer.png

Looking forward - Thoughts and Considerations

We finished the season strong and I feel that puts us in a good position to stay up next season. The club has turned professional and I was offered another new contract, which I signed, but once again there is no salary. I feel like this is really odd, but there is nothing I can do, I cant even counter with any money amount. The Board have agreed to pay for my Continental C license though, so I guess that is something. I have signed Hyseni to a new contract for next season. My concern is he is uncomfortable with big matches, but he has proven he can play. I also signed Emmanouil to a new contract. He has done a great job in the middle. I am concerned about the exodus of players at the end of the season, but I cant sign everyone and keep the finances manageable.

Once again, thanks for reading along....I honestly thought I would be sacked this season so I am going to enjoy this ride as long as I can...who knows what will happen!

I appreciate your interest and comments...if you feel like it! Thanks!!

Preseason 2025

Season Ticket Sales

spacer.png

Thoughts

Well, that is progress. But I was hoping for a better sponsorship deal, which we didnt get, it is still $19K per year. The league signed a TV deal...for nothing. So even though the board says we are okay money-wise....I dont see it. That is going to be an ongoing concern for me. The board decided to turn fully professional so the added expense there as well. I just dont see this going well.

New Striker

spacer.png

I knew that Rawsthorn was going to be okay, but I really was concerned about his ability to translate his success in the new league. When Allic became available, I couldnt pass on this one. 

Match Results

spacer.png

The main goal with these was to raise money. I think the ones where we paid for them to come visit is where the attendance was high. So I am pleasantly surprised by the Jableh and Hutteen results. I felt they gave us a good spring board for the season.

August Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Just 2 matches this month before the league really kicks off in September. So if we can get 1 victory out of this to get us started would be great.

I have had 4 issues so far this preseason. Firstly, injuries, we have had a slew of minor dings for the first team and more major issues with some of the youngsters. This needs to get under control. I cant have all of the squad out and watching from the stands. Secondly, players demanding playing time. I cant accommodate all of them and the fact all of them are influential players can, and is, lead to problems. Thirdly, player and staff defections. I expected to lose a player or 2, but so far I have lost 6, either starters or impact subs. On top of that, I lost my U-21 and U-19 Head Coaches. These issues have caused major issues, which has lead to the last issue. I cant replace them. The 2 Head Coaches, no one wants to work for what we can afford to pay. The players that I can see (I cant scout anyone because I dont have any money to do so) are crap so what do I bring in? So far, nothing. 

Not the off-season I wanted and not sure what it means for us this season.

Anyway, thanks for reading and for those who to chose to comment....things are getting ready to get interesting...

August Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

I was really pleased with this, I mean, really pleased. The match against Agia was a slugfest that it seemed like neither of us wanted to win. But we were able to score in the 26th minute and then hold them off until the end of the match. The PAEEK match was one that no one expected us to win, including me. I felt like this was confirmed when they scored, fairly easily, 55 seconds into the match. But then we kicked things up a notch and Bradley Mason scored with a scorching shot in the 23-minute followed 4-minutes later when newly signed striker Adi Aliic was able to beat the keeper on a smooth flowing counterattack. Then the attacks started, and it was an onslaught for sure. But we were able to withstand it and headed home with the 3-points. 

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

Only 2 matches in, but I cant argue with 6 points. Every point is going to matter this season for sure.

September Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Since I am not sure who and what these teams are like I am going to hope for the best and get 4 points out of this month. We will give it our best shot.

My BIG Problem

spacer.png

Thoughts

I knew this would be a problem, but it has been made worse by the fact the GM signed all of my youngsters to professional contracts. Yea, about $35K in contracts that I really didnt need....I tired to sell off them, but no luck. So I am really not sure what to do next to get this under control.

On a positive note, I was able to complete my Continental C badge....and we actually won 2 matches. But injuries are racking up and I am having to get really creative to even get the squad on the pitch. With these matches close together...yea...not feeling good. Lesson learned....dont work with a GM. I am not sure how to get out of this mess and I hate to bail on a bad situation....but...well...we will see.

Thanks for reading and watching me get out of this mess....somehow....

September Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

If someone had told me we could actually get 5 points through this, I would have not believed it. But we were able to do it, in spite of the injuries. In every one of the matches, we were picked to lose. But we continued to shock the pundits. The cup match, we were playing a much higher rated side. So for us to only lose that by 1, I am pleased. That was not something we were concerned about so nothing lost there. With the Xylotybou match, I thought we were going to win that one. We came out of the gate moving the ball well, controlling the pace and Emmanouil scored in the 8th minute and I felt we had this one in the bag. Then the team switched off. I couldnt get them to do much of anything. It was inevitable that we would give up a goal, I am shocked it wasnt more. At the end of the day I was pleased we held on to a draw in that one. We then travelled to Othellos for another match we were slated to lose. But once again, this is one we should have won. Vasileiou was able to steal a short pass from the keeper and slot it nicely in the bottom corner in the 48th minute. This was after they had a player sent off in the 46th for a harsh tackle (straight red) so I felt we had this one under control. But once again, they lost their focus and allowed an equalizer in the 87th minute. At that point, my computer almost went thru the window. We traveled home to face Ypsonas and I just felt this one would be a draw. We traded goals with Emmanouil slotting the first one home in the 27th and Panagoitou, playing in his first match back from an injury, putting us back into the lead in the 52nd minute before they once more equalized. But 2 quick scores, Emmanouil again in the 83rd and Chatzikonstanti, also in his first match back from an injury, from the spot in the 86th, seemed to seal the win for us. But of course, we seem to forget the last few minutes need to be played when we conceded one last goal in the 88th minute. Even though we conceded late in matches, to get 5 points, I am pleased.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

Somehow we are in 3rd, even with 2 draws. I figure we will drop some more, but once again, I want to stay out of the relegation battler. Just like the last league, there is a promotion and relegation playoff with the top 3 teams getting promoted and the bottom 3 getting relegated. Also, as before, the promotion playoff starts with a clean slate and the relegation playoff starts with their league position and points. But one odd thing is there are 6 teams in the promotion playoff and 8 in the relegation one. It looks like the teams in 7th and 8th have their season end in February. So that is a good reason to not finish in those spots, I need the match revenue. Part 1 is 15 matches, with every team playing each other once, so not much time to prove we belong...

October Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Since I got knocked out of the cup we will see our number of matches decrease. I hope that gives me a chance to rest the players. I am thinking 3 points is my goal with this month. If I can get anymore, that will be a nice surprise for sure.

Some Positive News

spacer.png

Thoughts

It seems like they like the tactics. This was actually before the match we won. I am trying hard to find positives in this season and at least I have this one.

My Injury Problem

spacer.png

Thoughts

This was on 3 September, so I got some of these players back. But this is a major problem, and one that I have no idea how to deal with. Hopefully these slow down or my bubblegum and binder twine match roster will get even more interesting.

As you can see, the finances are a mess and the injuries are causing me headaches. I blame myself for not checking all of the staff responsibilities. We are hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. I have to say I am pleased with the attendance at our last game. If we can continue that growth...well...it cant hurt. I have never letting things get this bad before catching them so it is a unique challenge to get them out of it. I am not going to say I am looking to actively leave...but if the right offer comes along...I would be a fool not to go. The transfer window is coming in January, who knows, I might be able to sell some players, maybe at least entice some to leave. Lots to consider for sure....

Thanks for following along, reading, and the occasional comment and reaction....lets see where this goes

October Monthly Report

October Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

This was a really odd month. I thought we would be lucky to get 3 points, so this is a real shocker. In spite of the injuries (which havent let up) we have been able to continue to be competitive. With the Omonoia match, I thought it was over, we were down 1-3 at halftime with Giorgos Michail getting our only goal from a corner in stoppage time right before the half ended. I was "angry" during the halftime talk. We were giving the ball away much too easily and we didnt seem to know what to do with the ball when we got near the goal. They must have taken it to heart (I even was berating them during the 2nd half) because they were a different team. Giorgos Panagiotou made the game interesting when he was able to find the back of the net from a free kick play in the 64th minute. But then Marios Emmanouil took his game to a different level by scoring in the 71st and 84th minutes. Both of these came as a result of bad passes by the opposition. We held them off and headed back home, battered and brusied, but with 3 points. The Paralimni match, I felt would not go our way. They went into the half with a 0-1 lead and no matter what I did, the team just couldnt seem to get a goal. That is until the 69th minute when Hyseni played a long kick to Alic over the opposition that he took all the way, beating the keeper with a beautifully placed shot in the corner of the net. So getting a point from that one, yea, that was a good thing. We returned home to face Deryneia and even though the pundits didnt give us a chance, I felt we might be able to pull a fast one against them. Things started great with Emmanouil finding the back of the net in the 9th and Panagiotou scoring in the 19th. We let our guard down and allowed them to draw level by early in the 2nd half. But Aliic placed a screamer of a shot into the net in the 53rd to give us the lead again and even though the attacks were relentless after that, the bus parked in front of the net secured us another victory.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

I have to admit, I still cant believe we are doing this well. Yea, there is only 6 points between me and that "no man's land" but so far so good. Staying in this top group ensures us of another round of games....and more money coming in (I hope).

November/December Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

I put November and December together since there is only 1 match in December. We should have a really good idea about where we are going to end up after this next update since there will only be 3 games left to play (2 in January and 1 in February). Ill say 6 points out of this month....I hope anyway...

My HUGE Issue

spacer.png

Thoughts

I am losing money hand over fist. I hope that I can sell some players in the January transfer window. Most of the players are out of contract at the end of the season...if we make it that far....

Somehow we are still doing well....and sadly still losing massive amounts of money. I hate I put the team in this situation and I am going to do my best to turn it around. The next 2 months are going to be crucial to our survival, financially, so wish me luck!

Thanks for reading and watching as I run this club into bankruptcy....still cant believe I let this happen....

November/December Month Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

I still cant truly understand this side. With everyone of the matches, we were supposed to lose. But, call it determination or tenacity, we seem to be able to take control of matches and hold off the oppositions series of attacks. With the Pegeia match, they took the lead in the 12th minute and even though they seemed to control the pace of the match, our counterattacking strategy is giving us results. Emmanouil tied it up in the 31st from a corner and Allic gave us the lead in the 34th at the end of a series of short passes that deftly moved the ball down the pitch. The rest of the game saw us to sit on front of the net and hold them off. The Enad was a completely different situation, we took 4 times more shots, even though we only had the ball for 40% of the match. I felt like this one was going to end as a draw since we didnt seem to be able to actually score. But Panagiotou beat his marker and slotted the ball into the net off of a corner. I didnt park the bus at that point, but they didnt seem to want to actually take any shots. So we were able to take another 3 points. I felt for sure the pundits were correct on the Omonoia match. We went into the locker room at the half down 1-3 with our only goal coming from a nice shot from a fluid counterattack with Panagiotou scoring in the 2nd minute. But after that, we seemed to be fine with them controlling play. The LR was not a nice place at halftime and I felt like it didnt really do any good. I tried to fire them up as the 2nd half continued, but nothing seemed to be working. That is, until the 81st minute when Vasileiou scored from another set piece. That seemed to fire them up and Panagiotou was able to beat his marker on another corner and drew it level in the 86th minute. At that point, both sides were so tired that we both wanted it to be over. The last match was against Digenis. This one was one of the best displays of football I have seen with this team. They never really were a threat. Aliic started us off by hitting one from the spot in the 1st minute after a harsh tackle in the box. Kryiakou got into the action in the 23rd minute after shooting a rocket of a shot from 20 yards out that beat the keeper. Alic completed his hat-trick by scoring in the 29th and 75th minutes. Both of these scores started with long kicks from the keeper that went over the heads of the defenders with Alic outpacing them and beating the keeper. For me to get 10 points, yea, life is good...at least on the scoreboard....

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

We held on to 2nd place and secured our place in the league next season, no matter what. By making the promotion playoffs I wont have to worry about the possibility of being relegated. I dont think we will keep that spot, but for our 1st season in the league, a top-half finish, I cant complain.

January/February Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

With only 3 matches to go in the first half of the season, I am saying 3 points is all I can expect. Then we will have to get ready for the promotion playoffs.

The Growing Monster

spacer.png

Thoughts

Yea, I cant be happy about this. But it was my fault. I have sacked the GM and will be a seller in January when the transfer window opens. Hopefully I can find some buyers....

This season is a tough one. On the one hand, we are doing great on the pitch. On the other hand, I really messed up the financial situation. I think I have a plan to get us out of it, but it will take some time. I did get 2 interviews, one for Ypsonas, which is in the league I am in, and one for a team that is in the Cyprus CFA Lower Leagues....where I started out. I didnt attend either one of them. If I do move, it will be to somewhere better. I am leaning towards staying here until I fix this mess. The team deserves better. Lots for me to consider for sure.

Thanks for reading and following along with the misadventures of a guy who should have known better....

January/February Month Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

I found that I have been doing those long match summaries and I am not even sure if people are enjoying them, let alone reading them. So I will keep this short and sweet. I sold and loaned out 5 of the starting 11 so the squad cohesion took a huge hit. It showed in these matches. The 2 losses were not as close as the score, and I still am not sure how we pulled off the win against Akritas. I am thinking that was down to us playing at home more than anything else. I said I would be happy with 3 points and that is what we got. So no real complaints....okay, I do have them but they are mainly my own fault.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

Sorry for the larger view, but I didnt get a screen shot at the end of the month. But I have to be honest and admit I am pleased we didnt drop any further with the shakeup on the squad. To go up 2 seasons in a row and finish in the top 3, especially when we were slated to finish 16th by the media (when will they ever learn!) and had a good shot at winning the league title. Now onto the Promotion Playoff where everything starts over.

March Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Five matches, going to be tough as my squad continues to be hit with injuries. I am hoping for 6 points, and I think that will be generous. But half of the season will be over when we make it through March so I think I will have a good idea about where we will end up. Promotion, no, I dont think so.

Hopefully Slowing the Bleed

spacer.png

Thoughts

Boy, this has been a learning experience. I tried to make things a little easier and let my Chief Scout set the assignments, boy, what a mess. We have spent 3 times on scouting so far as we did all of last season. So all of the assignments are cancelled and the scouts get to hang out and eat gruel with the rest of us as we try to save every penny. I cut over $50K from the wage budget and was able to actually sell some players. It is going to take some time, but we will get out of this.

Looking Ahead - Thoughts and Considerations

This is going to be the toughest stretch I have had here. To be honest, I am not sure I wont get sacked because of the mess I have made with the finances. If I was the Board President, yea, I would have my walking papers. Until that happens, or I get an outstanding offer, I am here. I will stay as long as I can to fix this...or until it is actually fixed.

As always, thanks for reading along and watching how I messed up a perfectly stable financial situation.

March Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

This month showed the drastic changes in the squad. We have stopped shooting. Our shots on goal have dropped 75-80% from previous months. I am not shocked by the losses and to be honest, I was pleased they were not by bigger margins. I have to admit seeing an average of over 300 supporters per home match, that was a nice surprise. I wont bore you with the details of how poorly we played. If anyone wants the play-by-play, let me know and I will share the details. I was hoping for 6 points, and we got 7...so that is good for sure.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

This table is really deceptive because 4 of us are on 7-points. I am really pleased with where we are, especially considering the turmoil and changes in our squad. Who could have thought we would even be in this conversation?

April Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Only 3 matches this month. If we can get 4 points from the 2 home matches. I will be pleased. It wont help that every team we are playing is really in essence better than us right now.

Slowly Getting This Under Control

spacer.png

Thoughts

It is slowly getting under control. But now the interest payments are ballooning. My goal has to be to get this back under control. In June, the big salaries will drop. I just hope we have enough about us to be relevant next season.

This is going to be a work in progress. I feel like I need to get this back under control. For some reason, there are new Scouting Assignments, even though I delete them every Monday. I have control of the assignments, but they keep appearing. I cant decide about how I feel about the possibility of getting promoted. On one hand, I think why not get promoted? I know that we would be relegated again the next season, so what would that do to the club? But then if we dont get promoted, will the financial situation worsen because of lack of prestige? I dont know. I am also seeing a drop in how the Board feels, my last grade was an A-. I figure it will continue to drop if we dont at least win 30% of our matches. The supporters still are giving me an A+, but I am not sure how long that will last.

It is going to be interesting for sure....thanks for reading and seeing what happens to the reckless spender....

April Mid-Month Report

Youth Intake

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thoughts

Once again we have a strong youth-intake. I am not going to make the same mistake again and sign them all to professional contracts right out of the gate. I know this gives me a strong pipeline and hopefully, if I have to, some pieces to sell. But I know to sell them, I have to have them under contract...the perfect catch-22.

Promotion Hopefuls

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thoughts

I actually like our chances of sneaking in. The fact everyone is so close together, points will be at a premium. Worst thing that happens is I stay in this league.

This is another tough pickle to be in. I feel that, deep inside, everyone wants to be promoted. But is it the best thing for the club? Should I bench all of the starters and play the youth squad to basically tank for the rest of the season....or.....is there actually a financial benefit for getting promoted? I had hope that was the case with my last promotion, but that wasnt the case. 

But in reality, I cant go against the basic desire of every team....to get promoted. If it works out that way, great...if not, nothing lost for sure...

Thanks for peeking in, taking a look, or even staying to read along. This is one save that I seem to have sunk my teeth into....

April Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

I cannot tell you how my computer survived these matches. The Paralimni match saw us getting pummeled. They took 16 shots, we took 3. Luckily my keeper is good enough to withstand that kind of abuse and I was pleased we headed home with 1 point from that match. I hated to admit that my "park the bus" strategy was starting to backfire. We had focused so much on the defense that we had stopped even trying to score. So I decided to switch things up and adopted a more offensive mindset for the Omonoia match. It seemed to pay off as we were able to win the match 3-1. We went into the half down 0-1 but I guess me "firing them up" worked as we came out and scored 3 and pretty much took them out of the match. I was literally shaking with the Othellos match. I got the "if things go our way" email and had to talk to the team about not worrying about the match. I went back to what worked and parked the bus again. I really regretted it but realized that since we were losing passes like yesterday's penny that any change would probably backfire. Their attack was relentless. Somehow, even though we were down at the half, 1-2, we were able to fight our way back and Alic scored the winner from the spot in the 79th minute. I was just excited to get the win and end the month with a lordly sum of 7 points.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

I am still trying to let this sink in, we are getting promoted....AGAIN!! With only 2 matches to go, April was the month that sealed our promotion. Really pleased with this.

May Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Only 2 matches and nothing to play for, I cant even make any money from them. So I am trying to decide if I should play my youngsters. On the one hand, they may get some interest so I can maybe sell some of them....but then if I sell them...who will I play next season?

Promotion Praise

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thoughts

Yes, another season, another promotion. This is the highest level in Cyprus and they seem really happy. Will this last into next season when we start to lose?

Interview - New Home, Maybe?

spacer.png

Thoughts

An interview request from a club in the league I am getting promoted to. This is a huge jump in club-reputation as well as worth and budget. So I ate my supper and talked to my wife about it. I decided to take the interview, just to say I did it, but I decided that even if I was offered the position I would turn it down. I made a mess and I need to get it cleaned p.

spacer.png

Thoughts

Luckily I didnt have to actually turn it down, they offered the job to someone else. But it is nice to see I am getting noticed.

Finances

spacer.png

Thoughts

A budget of $692K? From where??? Yea, I will be able to stay within that for sure!

spacer.png

Thoughts

I was hoping to end the season at the -$250K mark, guess it isnt going to happen. Yea, need to get out of the "Insecure" status for sure. The interest payments are not a good thing...and they are growing.

I toyed with the idea of leaving, it did seem very tempting. But I just didnt feel it was a good look to abandon my team while they are very unstable. If we get to the point where that negative balance is decreasing instead of increasing, yea, I will consider it for sure. I also found out that after we got promoted that we have to take the terraces out of our stadium. We currently have a max capacity of 1500, and we are no where close to that. I would love us to consistently break the 340 supporter-average attendance we had in the 2nd half of the season. That would be a huge lift for the organization.

Nothing to play for...but everything to plan for....

Appreciate your interest and reading along.....more turns and twists than this ole fella is used to....

May Monthly Report - End of the Season

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

For the Pegeia match, I played youngsters. I figured there was nothing to lose. Where I had put almost everyone of the "surplus" list in an effort to sell them during the January transfer window, they were all angry at me. The results indicated the difference in the squads. For the final match, I wanted to go out on a high note, so I played my strongest squad. I played with the more aggressive tactic (well for me) and it paid off with an easy victory. Hopefully we can carry that forward next season.

Final Promotion Playoff Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

To finish in the promotion places was a huge shock. But one I am not going to turn it down. We finished 3rd in the final league standings, but to be promoted, yea, I am really proud of the squad.

End of the Season Financial Statement

spacer.png

Thoughts

Not a great thing to look at. I was checking and saw the board had taken out 2-$94K loans that we will have to pay back. Hopefully next season things start to turn around.

League Review

spacer.png

Thoughts

It is pretty nice to be identified as the league "overachiever" and I am not going to dispute that. Somehow we just kept finding a way to win...

End of Season Plaudits and Information

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just as the season was winding down I was offered job interviews with 2 clubs in the league I will be joining. I turned both down. I decided that, even though our prestige is not growing at the rate I want, the team is riding a huge high. On top of that, in spite of how I messed up the finances for the squad the board and supporters havent lost faith in me. I am sure the 3 promotions hasnt hurt that. 

Now, with all of that being said, if higher prestige squad from another country reaches out, I will consider it. But I dont see any reason to leave Elia for a club in the same league. 

Thanks for reading along as I work to dig us out of the hole I put us in...and continue to win matches...

Start of the Preseason

Enough Said....

spacer.png

Thoughts

I know this was for last season, but yea, that explains quite alot.

But GREAT News!!

spacer.png

Thoughts

Yea, this is HUGEEEE!!! Even at our current spending, that will flip us to around $500K in the black!!! Yea, promotion was definitely worth it!!

Required Stadium Changes

spacer.png

Thoughts

As part of the promotion, we are required to remove the terraces from the stadium. I realize now that one of the loans the board took out was to pay for this. It will be interesting to see how we do since we never even broke 500 in attendance, except for the friendlies.

My MASSIVE Pay Increase!!

spacer.png

Thoughts

Well....nothing times nothing is nothing....I think it may be time for a new coaching course?

Player Extensions

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thoughts

I had wanted to actually keep more of the squad from last season (my wife says I can be too loyal sometimes) but they were not happy with how things ended. So it is forcing me to bring in a whole new squad. I was pleased with retaining these 3 since I think Alic and Hyseni will hold their own. Chatzikonstani is a fan-favorite and he is a youngster, worst case I can sell him if he cant cut it.

New Signings

spacer.png

Thoughts

Even thought Damianou's primary position is DM (which I dont use) he is a pretty good player as a central defender. So I look to use him there and expect him to get his fair share of playing time.

spacer.png

Thoughts

Dragusha is one I was really pleased to get. His flexibility as a midfielder and as an attacking midfielder are huge. I like to rely on a strong midfield pairing and he fits right in....now to find someone to put beside him...

Starting Financial Picture

spacer.png

Thoughts

I am REALLY pleased with this! We have cut the deficit by almost $60K and think we have a good shot of erasing it by the end of the year. That is my hope anyway. Seeing progress in getting that back into the black is really pleasing to the eye for sure.

Season Expectations

spacer.png

Thoughts

Yea, I can live with that. I really hope we can avoid relegation for sure, that is my top goal.

Looking Forward - Thoughts and Expectations

Lots of things going on now. For one, my panic "fire sale" in January was probably a blessing in disguise since I am forced to bring in new players. This season is going to be about stabilizing the financial picture and sealing our place in the top-tier of Cyprus football. Yea, its going to be an interesting season for sure.

I appreciate yall reading and following along....not sure why I am putting so much time into posting this....not sure anyone is reading. But I feel like this is my "job" right now...and success has made me even more obsessed with the save.

Anyway...thanks to those of you who are following along. Have a wonderful day...

Finish loading the images

End of the Preseason

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

My goal with these was to make money, plain and simple. I didnt even field the actual squad until the last match in fear of injuries. I realize that can backfire because they may not be match fit, but I dont have alot of depth in the squad so I need to rest them when I can. Seeing 5 of the matches with the stands full, yea, I think we did okay there. 

New Starting 11

spacer.png

Thoughts

Except for the 3 previously mentioned players, the other starting 8 are all new. They are not the best in the league, but I am really hoping they are good enough to keep us from getting relegated.

August League Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

And of course the opener is against the team that had my number last season! Looking at this, 4 points would be a success. Lets hope I can achieve that.

Season Ticket Totals

spacer.png

Thoughts

Even though our reputation didnt improve, the supporters seem like they want to see us play. I hope that bodes well for the match-income this season.

New Sponsorship Deal

spacer.png

Thoughts

Okay, cool. We now have a training kit sponsor. This a pretty big deal considering our other sponsor, main kit, is only $19K per year. This is the last year of that deal so it will be interesting to see how much it increases next season....if we can stay in this league that is...

Getting "Paid"

spacer.png

Thoughts

So they dont pay me? Fine, I will just keep working on my coaching licenses. I figure at the end of the season I will have my Continental A..or pretty close to it.

Think I Finally Have This Under Control

spacer.png

Thoughts

We have cut that deficit almost in half in just 2 short months. I feel like this will be something that is back in the black by January.

Looking Ahead - Thoughts and Considerations

I have decided that if I can flip the script on the financials and get them back in the black....AND keep them from getting relegated....well, then it will be a successful season. We are going to have to really play defensive...which the board likes...and we need to take advantage of our chances. 

Well here we go....lets get this party started!!

Hope you are enjoying this journey....I know that I am!

August Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

I started this season hoping to get 4 points out of the first 4 matches. We were able to secure 6. So I am really pleased with that. I will admit that the tactics I am using at home and away are vastly different from each other. So far it seems to be paying off. My number 1 concern is to keep us taking shots. That was a problem I saw at the end of last season and I need to make sure we are taking advantage of our possession. Will we continue like this? No, but every point is precious so I will take what I can get.

Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

This is a little deceptive because not every team has played 4 matches. But to be in the middle of the table at this point, I cant complain. My goal is to try to stay in the 7-10 range. Since the points and position for those in the relegation playoff carry over, the stronger our position is the better. Just taking it one match at a time.

September Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Just 4 matches, but I wonder if we are lucky enough to win that first round match if there will be another added at the end of September. I guess that will get answered after that match. We have a good chance of winning that one, but after that, who knows? The other 3 matches. Oh, lets be gutsy and say 4 points, what have I got to lose?

Things are looking MUCH better!

spacer.png

Thoughts

We are currently making about $30K per month. I know it will fluctuate from month to month based off of the number of home matches we have, but it looks like January will see us on a better footing. Speaking of which, did you notice that home attendance???? Now that is something to behold! Can we keep this up long enough to break the attendance record when the renovations are finished??  We should have over 1900 seats and the closest we came to that was the 1246 in our home opener and the sellouts during the friendlies. Be interesting to see for sure.

This is going to be tough, but I think, as long as we can control the injuries, we can do it. To see that huge swing in the financial picture does my heart good. I have seen players signing for more than $50K a year. I am avoiding that. I just am not 100% sure we will stay up. Right now, my highest paid player is getting $20K/year. I have one at that rate and 3 or 4 at $13K. I think that is more manageable for sure. 

As always...thanks for reading along...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do....

September Monthly Report

Match Results

spacer.png

Thoughts

Noth shocked by the results. I am pleased we are not losing by much larger margins to be honest. The supporters are not happy that I am not playing attacking football, but against this level of opposition it is just not feasible. The cup match was one that had me jumping around the room by the end. My wife grabbed my laptop when I leaped off of the couch, I would have been so pissed off if I had somehow shut the game down before I could save it, this was a once in a lifetime match. We went very defensive and I hoped we could at least make it respectable. I figured it would be a long match though after we went down 0-2 thanks to a Smits own-goal in the 20th minute. Alic pulled one back for us in the 35th and we went into the half with a respectable score of 1-2. I tried to fire the side up and we seemed to be playing a much more flowing type of football and then Christodoulou gave us the lead in the 66th. But it was short-lived as they leveled it up a minute later. The match headed to extra time with my squad starting to run on fumes. I figured we had done our best when they took the lead in the 99th minute. My squad was exhausted at the break and I sent on some youngsters to just see this one out. Somehow though, Andreas Ioannu, a 16 year-old youngster, was able to do the improbable and with a little shimmy and shake beat his defender and made us level again in the 113th minute. The match ended level and we headed to the penalty shootout. Hyseni earned his salary for the whole year in this. Alic, Kaiserlidis and Gavrillidis scored for us and Theofanous hitting hit right to the keeper. But Hyseni, he stopped all 3 shots, I mean...he was a beast in the net!! That match itself was worth the efforts from this season.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

To be in 7th isnt as bad as it could be. This is really unusual that there is a definite split in the ability levels of the teams in the league. The ones at the top will stay there. The rest of us will be fighting for positions as we head into the relegation battle. I am now thinking 8th-11th is more likely our finishing position...at least I hope so.

October Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

We have the cup match on the 14th, which we do have a chance of winning. But I hope, at best, to get 4 points this month. We will see. It will be interesting on the 31st because Pafos is the team that I interviewed with and they turned me down.

Financial Update

spacer.png

Thoughts

Scouting costs have slowed down the reducing of the deficit, but it is still decreasing. That is the goal. As long as I continue to see it go down, that is a good thing.

I have to accept the fact that we will be in a fight to stay in this league. The supporters, who have alot of influence with the board, are not happy about the very defensive mentality. But if I dont do that we risk losing by large margins. If we start doing that I am concerned the morale will take a nose dive.

The goal is to stay up....and not get the sack when the board and supporters get frustrated that we are losing....

Thanks for following along....the ups and downs of managing a football team!

October Monthly Report

Match Results

Thoughts

When I looked at the schedule for this month I told myself that 4 points would be a good month. That is exactly what we got. So I have to be pleased. The cup match went to extra time (I am seeing a pattern here) where I had to send in a bunch of youngsters, but once again, they did their part. Alic was able to catch the defense off-guard with a fast-turn counterattack and score in the 103rd minute. I was even more pleased when the draw was held for the next round to find out wee are hosting the next match. The Aris match was another snatch-and-grab as we withstood their onslaught but were able to take advantage of our set-piece skills and get the winner in the 78th minute. The next 2 matches, we got the results we expected. I have to say that I was really pleased that we didnt lose any worse than what we did. The supporters hate I have gone back to the park the bus, but I am afraid if I dont then we will just be overran. So, if there is such a thing as a good lose, those were 2 of them.

League Table

spacer.png

Thoughts

It is interesting to see the gap growing between the top teams. I am pleased with our 7th place right now. There are 26 matches in this phase, so for us to be here almost half-way through, I am pleased. Hopefully we can stay in this 7-10th range. But time will tell.

November Matches

spacer.png

Thoughts

Only 3 matches, but 2 are at home. I am going to be gusty and say 3 points this month. It is nice to see that we are getting over 1000 supporters for the home matches. I hope that level of support continues.

Financial Situation

spacer.png

Thoughts

Slowly but surely this is getting under control. I am not going to post this anymore since we are moving in the right direction. But 7-8 more months should get this all taken care of. This is really a good feeling. Once we get back in the black, I will share that as I consider that a huge accomplishment!

Yep, things are looking better. But even though the supporters and board tell me they expect us to lose every match, my grades have dropped. At the start of November, they have dropped to B/B+. I know that isnt a huge drop....but it isnt an A+. My reputation is up to 30%. But I am not getting any interest from clubs outside of Cyprus. I wonder if that will change if we are able to stay in the top-tier of football in Cyprus? 

I dont plan on chasing any other positions, and I wont move to another club in Cyprus, so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I appreciate those of you who are following along.....this is been a nice experience so far. Thanks to everyone who is watching how this all goes...