[FM24] South Korea K4 (+data overhaul) [WIP]

image.png.1bcc5f560cb8a57b8acb98fa1bfb276b.png   image.png.92d3dfdd7410c67fef48ef07660ce22e.png

image.png.1dbf3437aeb188cfdb5959a7b14356e4.png

Project expands South Korea down to it's 4th tier the K4. Additionally updates Korean lower league data due to a lot of missing data & some things being severly out of date, in extreme cases by over a decade. The project consists of several files to give flexibility going forward & also on the off chance any changes get picked up by the game. Following are included:

Playable K3 & K4*
Reserve League expanded to included all K League teams without a reserve team in a lower league
*- slightly fictional due to the 2023 season irl running with 15 teams in the K3 due to Goyang KH would were promoted from the K4 folding. To solve this I spared Dangjin Citizen from relegation & added Namyanju to the K4 a season early to give 2 divisions of 16.

Data changes

League History - Updated the league history of all current K3 & K4 clubs + adds missing lower league history to former lower league teams now in the K League (3.3k changes)
Rules - the League/nation rules
Comp History - Adds history to competitions currently in the game + adds historical competitions (1.5k changes)
Player+Staff - Players & staff at K3 & K4 clubs including histories updated as of February 10th (8.5k changes)
Club Changes - Team colours, stadia, cities, foundation dates, attendances & other misc club changes for not only K3 & K4 but some K5 & U-League sides where I could find the information (2.2k changes)

What's not included

K5 hasn't been made playable due to the majority of teams missing colours & stadium information. Getting the KFA Cup to select correct teams from the current K5 structure seems beyond my current editor skills. I have seen on the Korean wiki for the league that the K5 is planned to move to a single division structure but again I've found no source.

Opening up movement between the K League 2 & K3 is apparently planned for 2026 but I've been unable to find a source as how it would exactly work. It'd also require setting up leagues for multiple seasons which is a bit beyond me & movement between divisions could get complicated due the K League teams that have B teams in K3/K4. I also don't see it actually happening irl due a variety of factors. Likewise for movement between the K4 & K5.

The U-League as secondary division due to missing stadia information for most teams, needing to create new teams & being unsure of how movement works between the U League divisions as the competition now has two different levels.

As an alternative to joining Gimcheon Sangmu for military service K League players can opt to play for teams in the K4. I haven't found a way to replicate this in game.

I may have missed some players & staff here & there. This is down to variations in translating Korean names into English.

I haven't created any players or staff so clubs will have some fictional players & some without managers to start.

I haven't changed any names of competitions in the DB as I use a certain file that fixes those.

To Do

Work out how to best replicate club finances

Find out which K3 & K4 sides have youth systems.

Flesh out K5 & U-League data more. JoinKFA doesn't get on with google translate so I'd need the help of someone who can read Korean.

Implement the proper K3 & K4 rules. I know of the foreigner restrictions, substitutions rules & restrictions for b-teams but nothing else. Like the above I'd need someone who reads Korean.

I wouldn't currently consider this playable but I've attached all I've done so far as a preview. If anyone is able to help with missing data feel free to reach out.

SK club changes.fmf SK Comp History.fmf SK League History.fmf SK Player+Staff.fmf

Edited by notanothereditor

• 2 months later...