"Major issues" occur when copying IFB-Libero tactic of Man City

When I try to copy the IFB-Libero tactic of Man City in FM2024, there are red flags on several regions: two regions between the IFB and the IW on the same side per each side, and the region in front of the Libero.

Does it matter?

P.S. "Major issues" or "major and serious issues" are bound to occur on the side of IFB: if there are an IFB and a AML/AMR on the same side, then there will be red flags on the regions between these two players; if there are an IFB and a ML/MR (Character: DW-D/S or WM-D/S), then it will be fine for the region between two players, but there will be no one responsible for the higher region on this side.

1.png

2.png

1 hour ago, SkepticalGavin said:

When I try to copy the IFB-Libero tactic of Man City in FM2024, there are red flags on several regions: two regions between the IFB and the IW on the same side per each side, and the region in front of the Libero.

Does it matter?

P.S. "Major issues" or "major and serious issues" are bound to occur on the side of IFB: if there are an IFB and a AML/AMR on the same side, then there will be red flags on the regions between these two players; if there are an IFB and a ML/MR (Character: DW-D/S or WM-D/S), then it will be fine for the region between two players, but there will be no one responsible for the higher region on this side.

1.png

2.png

Not necessarily, if you're concerned about the central area then a hold position on Rodri should do the trick.

I would be more focus on the DLP(s) as an 8, as you'd typically avoid a holding midfield in that advanced role. CM(s) could do nicely, as could a CAR. On that note, I would consider how you're getting width into the replication.I believe Man city's wide player's stretch the pitch a bit more than the IW will. An off footed winger will do nicely and pair well w the MEZ. 

Last issue is Harland as a CF. This can work, but if you're going for a replication I would argue he's a clear poacher in city's setup.  

• SI Staff

Hi @SkepticalGavin

Just so you're aware, that screen is only advisory as a reference point for your tactic and to help people understand the tactic they've set up better. The fact that some areas are red have no impact on the ME and how the tactic plays out or how the players play so you don't need to worry about that.

If you're happy with how you've set the tactic up feel free to ignore the advice and watch the tactic play out yourself and make your own judgments!

Hope this helps

Jack