[Update Suggestion] - Give Regions Similar Attributes to Nations

Renskay

FM should make regions have more importance in the game.

Football is a regional game and many teams, players, fans form their identity around their specific regions but the way the game currently works doesn't really have a way of representing that.

I suggest that we should be given a similar selection of editor controls for regions that we do for nations.

Screenshot2024-02-22093254.png.3583bc3824ae54a61278645d00a13f8a.png

The nations editor allow us to give a lot of identity to each nation to create a story.

Screenshot2024-02-22093321.png.b7a641fede5701140562bd1b5c73667c.png

The option to add a region in the editor just allows us to geographically assign cities to a non descript placeholder.

Having a feature like this would make it so regions like Catalonia, the Basque region, Madeira Islands, Guernsey, Falkland Islands, etc, etc could have regional teams that don't supersede the actual national team too (like Catalonia's national team) but still serve a function to represent the regional identity. Making graphics like county flags would also be pretty cool, along with a region overviews (similar to nation overviews) that could display all local clubs and players.

Since the game is so limited in terms of depicting the geography of where you actually are in the world when you are managing a team, something like this could help in that aspect and give your save more character.

Also I need to say, it would save editors a lot of effort in having to make regions from scratch with a pre-existing FM database nation.

I've spent so much time making Norfolk, Catalonia, Bahia, etc in the game.

(also pretty please to SI...bring back the add nation button)

Edited by Renskay

• 2 months later...