No transfer budget after record income.

Currently managing Genk, season 2027-28. Always had around £10 mill + for transfers and after making huge profits last year from Champions league football and player sales I have  more money than ever with £26 million in the bank - but a transfer budget of zero (-7 million) with no option to adjust it. 

We do have 20 million of a 34 million loan to pay and a transfer debt of 4.7 million off but that has always been there.

I have never seen this before surely it has to be a glitch?

Edited by Stevo_99

I had the same issue with Sparta Rotterdam. Had £50m in the bank from player sales and was also massively under the wage budget. Had spent years building up youngsters to sell for this very reason and was looking forward to a huge summer rebuild. I was was given a transfer budget of -£1m. This has ended my interest in the save.

13 hours ago, joebailey141 said:

I had the same issue with Sparta Rotterdam. Had £50m in the bank from player sales and was also massively under the wage budget. Had spent years building up youngsters to sell for this very reason and was looking forward to a huge summer rebuild. I was was given a transfer budget of -£1m. This has ended my interest in the save.

I have sold £62 million worth of players and signed £11 million of players, as well as played in the Champions League. Overall balance is currently +£24 million.

I couldn't sign any players this pre-season which is very frustrating. Like you I will probably lose interest in the save rapidly if I don't have a good season. 

I could understand if we were in lots of debt but we are not. We have loans of £20 million to pay off but that shouldn't affect things.

I do wonder if it is a glitch or bug in the game because I have never seen this in 14 years of playing the game.

What does the 5-year financial projection look like? Has your wage bill gone up? Commercial income strong?

Not saying it isn’t a glitch, just looking for why your AI boss’s algorithm has arrived at its decision.

Edited by NineCloudNine

10 hours ago, Stevo_99 said:

I have sold £62 million worth of players and signed £11 million of players, as well as played in the Champions League. Overall balance is currently +£24 million.

If a net transfer income of £51m only leaves the club £24m in the black, that doesn’t suggest strong underlying finances.

Edited by NineCloudNine
Maths

I assume Genk aren't really raking in vast amounts of money from their domestic league, so if we assume this isn't a bug, the explanation could be that you're actually spending above your means right now. What's your wage budget and how much of it are you spending? What are the terms on the loan repayments? Some loans have terms that change over time so it may be that a loan that was once serviceable has changed to be more of a hindrance now. One problem with the game's financial planning is it doesn't really take future player sales into account, so if you're relying heavily on sales to finance the team it can cause problems eventually.

The finances in Belgium are apparently still completely borked, so this isn't a huge surprise. 

Holland is different, though, and I haven't heard a huge number of complaints about the finances there.