About the Winter Update

Found this online. 
“Last year, the main FM23 Winter Update arrived March 1st, 2023, with the final data update arriving four weeks later, March 29th 2023.

Similar to last year, we can anticipate the FM24 Winter Update be released in three different stages: the Main Data Update, the Final Data Update and a China Data Update – that is subjected much later in the cycle. For FM23, thelatter arrived May 9th 2023.”

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-2024-winter-update/

The game has had a number of years now accommodating leagues with different transfer window periods so I don't expect the J League will have taken anyone by surprise. Given its the first year though and what has been mentioned previously with licensing its perhaps best to wait and see what happens as my understanding is there may be careful consideration and checks required regarding international player movements in/out of the J League structure.

8 minutes ago, crarfc said:

so are we likely to get 2 updates? one imminent and the other being a J league and other leagues changes further down the line?

It's pointless asking cause no one in here knows, only Sports Interative. They will be out when its ready to be out and im sure they will give you news later down the line what will happen with the J-League changes.

A lot of windows close in the next week, and with Brasil closing on 07th of Match, i expect an update just after that,

If i need to put a date, i would go Monday 11th.

I do hope it includes more then just transfers, but also the correct Bulgarian youth setup, and the Dutch U21 division.

Ok, transfer windows are transfer windows but what about the completed 2023 seasons in Japan, Brazil, Argentina, etc. If I start a new game on 1.1.2024 because this is the starting date in one of the countries, will the statistics of the 2023 season, which has already ended, be introduced in countries such as Japan, Korea, Brazil, Argentina, MLS, etc.?