Individual Training General Strategy

Hi, 

I'm trying to decide what the best strategy when it comes to the additional focus part of individual training. Should i be trying to make a player's best stats better, or try to bring up their weaknesses. For example, if i have a striker with incredible finishing and long shots, do i put the additional focus on that, or try to round them out by focusing on their weaker stats (for example pace and dribbling).

Thanks for any help.

This may not be the best tactic or it may even be bad, but this is how I do it -

For strikers, I always tend to put additional focus on quickness and dribbling. It does not matter if the attribute is good or not. Even if a player has 15 for dribbling, I will put dribbling as an additional focus. But I find additional focus very inconsistent, I mean, it is fine, it should not work every time.

If the desired attribute is not growing for 3 months, I will remove it, and then I will try the same additional focus after 2-3 months again.

For defenders, I always go with quickness, technique, and passing. I go for defensive positioning only if a central defender has marking lower than 14

For MC, DMC, I go with Quickness, long shots, passing. I found that there is a huge difference when my MC has 15 and when he has 18 for passing.  ( but it might be a placebo )

For full backs/wingbacks/inverted wing backs - Quickness, dribbling, passing, long throws until they have 15 for all at least ( except long throws, which is impossible in many cases ), after that, I move to defensive positioning. 

Wingers - Quickness, dribbling, and passing, no matter how good those attributes are I always look to max them out

In short, very rarely I try to improve attributes that are very low, I mostly go with attributes that are most important, no matter how good those attributes already are

Edited by Marko1989