Hitting the Woodwork

I can't decide if it's a bug or a feature, so it's going in here to see if others have this experience

Hitting the post and/or the crossbar is nuts in the game - particularly after the most recent update. Any team in sub-optimal form will hit the post 2-3 times a match. I don't know if this is a match engine thing but it's happening so regularly at this point that I expect it, especially if the forwards' form dips a bit.

Honestly, it's frustrating as it doesn't happen nearly as much in real life; Darwin Nunez has hit the post 9 times in 25 games this season so far, and that is a massive outlier compared to the norm. The average PER TEAM is 8.8 (according to the official Premier League stats).

My FM team have hit the woodwork 90 times in 600 shots. They've hit the post MORE THAN THEY HAVE SCORED (65)!

5 hours ago, Omen064 said:

I can't decide if it's a bug or a feature, so it's going in here to see if others have this experience

Hitting the post and/or the crossbar is nuts in the game - particularly after the most recent update. Any team in sub-optimal form will hit the post 2-3 times a match. I don't know if this is a match engine thing but it's happening so regularly at this point that I expect it, especially if the forwards' form dips a bit.

Honestly, it's frustrating as it doesn't happen nearly as much in real life; Darwin Nunez has hit the post 9 times in 25 games this season so far, and that is a massive outlier compared to the norm. The average PER TEAM is 8.8 (according to the official Premier League stats).

My FM team have hit the woodwork 90 times in 600 shots. They've hit the post MORE THAN THEY HAVE SCORED (65)!

I think my record is 7 times in one match.

Many of which the game doesn't count as hitting the woodwork because the keeper tipped it onto the post. I think this causes the game to "think" the numbers are reasonable when yeah they are miles off real life.

On 08/03/2024 at 13:35, Omen064 said:

It does happen a lot but ultimately it does not impact the outcome of your match. 

The match engine reflects what is happening behind the scenes which is a lot of number crunching. A miss is a miss, the match engine is just representing that miss more frequently as hitting the bar than IRL.

Edited by Cloud9