Number of teams in competition doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a database for the new pyramid of The Netherlands where next year the lower leagues will be changed drastically.

While I am at the start and busy with the amateur cups I am already finding myself in a dilemma where I can't find the solution to a problem.

Let me first tell you what the results should work out too, for the people who are not familiar with the dutch leagues and cups:

The KNVB District Beker has 6 cups with only (amateur) teams from division 5 to the lowest league (Noord, Oost, West 1, West 2, Zuid 1, Zuid 2)

Each have a specific amount of clubs set by demographic, which I fixed by giving all the clubs a Regional Division.

Now every cup has 2 (qualifying) competitions with groups where they qualify for the knockout stage.

First competition is only for teams from the Eerste Klasse (D6) and the Tweede Klasse (D7) where the top 2 in each group go through,

and second competition is only for teams from the Derde Klasse (D8) and the Dutch Lower Leagues where only the 1st will go through to the same knockout stage.

Ideally I'd like every group to have 3 to 5 clubs but that means I would need more then 26 groups which FM24 doesn't allow so this may be a higher number of clubs per group.

In the knockout stage there will also join the teams from the Vierde Divisie (D5).

This knockout stage could be different for each District in that not all districts have the same amount of clubs. (I mean an extra round added if necessary)

A little extra to finish it all off is that in each district the winner of the quarter final will go to the national cup for the next year (TOTO KNVB Beker) and if they don't promote to a league higher then Vierde Divisie (D5) they will still participate in the District Beker and so be playing in both cups.

So now my problem.

When I am testing the database it states the following:

image.png.73a25107e66b3c025556ee4b04b4b4c2.png

I have narrowed it down to where the number 66 comes from (this is for District Zuid 1 the amount of clubs in the first year which play in D6 and D7)

But I have no idea where the number 200 comes from! So this makes it difficult for me to find the problem I have to fix.

I would also like to make it future proof where for what ever reason all clubs should come to play in the same level and the qualifying rounds need a bigger amount of clubs in either competition.

Could someone have a extra eye on this where I might have overlooked something please?

The Netherlands Pyramid.fmf

Edited by Spoof

• Spoof changed the title to Number of teams in competition doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings
  • 2 weeks later...