Questioning the accuracy of post match analytics data

I'm using the post match analytical data to evaluate how my team pass the ball, largely to see how using a TF and much more direct passing works in the engine.

I've seen some passes from GK direct to my TF not being counted as a pass. Maybe it counts as a clearance, even if the "clearance" seem very intentional towards my TF?

Example:

image.png.ec2b98468c566c1e8cdce2448d45d776.png
Hedl receives a backwards pass from FB and launches it when Haaland approaches

image.png.12675ba9114778c2f702be8520570a6c.png
The ball almost lands on the head of Lucca

image.png.e543ec92bb90069e76a8bc26b0251061.png
Lucca flicks it to Moffi who scores.

Another example in the same match:

image.png.e9cbce32d5999167bffe595c67f3b63f.png
Backwards pass from CB to Hedl

image.png.74a8fe1a8b5741b342b1839327933fdb.png
Ball goes straight to Lucca who wins the header

image.png.7bc9501acd3a9b3d29a0fb6bd0c08cc4.png

This is from the analytics data post match with long successful passes by Heidl and headers won by Lucca. Two of the three headers in the black circle were the examples given. I also ticked unsuccessful long passes by Heidl just to check, but they didn't link with Luccas headers either. When using analytics data, it's like the ball just dropped from the clear blue sky onto Luccas head.

In addition, the header from Lucca to Moffi didn't count as an assist, or key header, but it did count as a key pass (wtf?)

I watch some matches on full highlights to evaluate, but it's too time consuming when trying to understand how something works over over a larger sample of matches.

This all seems very inaccurate to me, has anyone else noticed things like this when using analytics data post match?

Like you I have also come to the conclusion that the analytics struggles to distinguish clearances, passes and crosses. I’m also not sure that headers ever count for assists, though I may be wrong on that.

I use the data centre for average positions and broad guidance on play. Deeper analysis is either to obscure, too fiddly or not obviously reliable.

This is one of a dozen FM features which have been introduced with fanfare and then largely abandoned, with little or no development post-launch.

Edited by NineCloudNine

17 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Like you I have also come to the conclusion that the analytics struggles to distinguish clearances, passes and crosses. I’m also not sure that headers ever count for assists, though I may be wrong on that.

I use the data centre for average positions and broad guidance on play. Deeper analysis is either to obscure, too fiddly or not obviously reliable.

This is one of a dozen FM features which have been introduced with fanfare and then largely abandoned, with little or no development post-launch.

That's a shame.