Red cards being overturned

I've noticed that appealing for a red card always gets overturned and the system says the red card was a justified one and they put the player on a 3-match ban. I just think that FM devs try to make the refereeing situation  more precise and accurate and they add a message box where the referees explain what they saw and the committee either stand by their decision or overturn the red card..

Edited by XV20

13 minutes ago, XV20 said:

I've noticed that appealing for a red card always gets overturned and the system says the red card was a justified one and they put the player on a 3-match ban. I just think that FM devs try to make the refereeing situation is more precise and accurate and they add a message box where the referees explain what they saw and the committee either stand by their decision or overturn the red card..

I feel i'm being a moaner here because I commented the other day that it was a waste of time praising a player because you were treading on eggshells wondering if he was going to be upset with your praise, therefore I stopped doing it years ago. Appealing red cards is another thing I stopped doing years ago, as I never once had one overturned.

Still the greatest game out there but a lot of these old features should be looked into, updated or removed in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

I feel i'm being a moaner here because I commented the other day that it was a waste of time praising a player because you were treading on eggshells wondering if he was going to be upset with your praise, therefore I stopped doing it years ago. Appealing red cards is another thing I stopped doing years ago, as I never once had one overturned.

Still the greatest game out there but a lot of these old features should be looked into, updated or removed in my opinion.

i agree, if they can't fix it, remove it. Even with VAR, its the same..

You need to watch the report from your AM about the red card.  If he says it was harsh, then there will be a chance to overturn it.  If not, there is no point and constantly appealing will go against you if there are no strong grounds for the appeal.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

You need to watch the report from your AM about the red card.  If he says it was harsh, then there will be a chance to overturn it.  If not, there is no point and constantly appealing will go against you if there are no strong grounds for the appeal.

Just curious, have you ever had one overturned yourself? The two chaps on here, three of my good friends & myself have never experience this. Really do think it should be addressed to equate a more realistic percentage

40 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

Just curious, have you ever had one overturned yourself?

I've had at least a couple over the years. But as @FrazT says, you need to watch for your AssMan's assessment - if he says the card was justified you have no chance.

1 hour ago, Brodie21 said:

Just curious, have you ever had one overturned yourself? The two chaps on here, three of my good friends & myself have never experience this. Really do think it should be addressed to equate a more realistic percentage

I appealed very rarely, mainly after evaluating the AM's advice.  I would maybe get one or two overturned a season.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

I've had at least a couple over the years. But as @FrazT says, you need to watch for your AssMan's assessment - if he says the card was justified you have no chance.

Wow, never heard of this before. Cheers

33 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I appealed very rarely, mainly after evaluating the AM's advice.  I would maybe get one or two overturned a season.

Those are incredible figures. Staggering. Thanks

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

Yes I know, and I do read what he says, if he says it was harsh, it is not overturned, just the same as if he says it was deserved.

This is the same Ass Man that keeps telling me to get rid of my star player because he doesn't fit in to the squad planner.

Nobody has ever said anything to me about always appealing, why would it count against you, and with who? My Board has never said anything in all my saves and versions of FM, and what can the FA do if I always appeal?

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

i do watch it again but most of the time, the fouls are just like intercepting the ball and my opponent folds which annoys me, i don't bother to appeal again.

Have to say from the comments, the claims, my small network & myself, I still believe this is a severely floored feature of the game that should be looked at to make more realistic. It's not a biggy but would be nice for all these small features to be revisited to consider bringing up to date for more realism.