Defensive problem...any help?

I seem to be conceding the same sort of goal in most matches; that being a ball played over the defence which their striker runs on to the ball and passes the ball past my keeper. Is there anything I can do so that this stops happening?

I seem to be conceding the same sort of goal in most matches; that being a ball played over the defence which their striker runs on to the ball and passes the ball past my keeper. Is there anything I can do so that this stops happening?

do you mean when there goal keeper plays a long ball down field, and your defenders just stand there while the opposition striker runs unopposed and scores. if you do, thats whats whats been happening to me too. and i dont know how to stop it? anybody on this forum know how to stop this realy annoying thing.

Yeh broughladen thats basically what i mean. For example, I was playing against Wolves and one of the defenders played it back to Wayne Hennessy who played a long ball up field and my defenders watched Iwelumo run onto the ball and score.

I use my own tactics, and every now and then i will concede goals from this annoying long ball, i have tried setting my defensive line deeper and dc's closing down own area only, but nothing seems to stop this annoying long ball. surley me being man united, ferdinand and vidic would not be beat by a long ball played forward, and both off them would just stand there and watch as there striker scores.....

Archived