Feedback for my squad structure

Looks like a good starting point to me. Personally I'd look to invest in a young promising DC who could eventually take over form Schlotterbeck but also act as cover in case of injuries. Without knowing the attributes, DR & DMC could be an opportunity to get in some quality?

Also... 500k p/w for Kobel? That seems a bit bonkers to me :D Although I like having a good keeper, they would never be highly paid in my teams. If Seiman is any good then maybe promote to the lineup and sell Kobel? Would free up some wages to expand your squad.

Edited by Justified

Squad seems too small to me.  Having 3-5 injured at the same time is common and then imagine some players get called up to international u21, Olympics etc when you still have games.  Maybe you have some young players you can call up immediately to fill in; I’m usually playing in countries where anyone 18+ has to go on loan because the reserves don’t play in a proper league that will increase their attributes.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Justified:

Looks like a good starting point to me. Personally I'd look to invest in a young promising DC who could eventually take over form Schlotterbeck but also act as cover in case of injuries. Without knowing the attributes, DR & DMC could be an opportunity to get in some quality?

Also... 500k p/w for Kobel? That seems a bit bonkers to me :D Although I like having a good keeper, they would never be highly paid in my teams. If Seiman is any good then maybe promote to the lineup and sell Kobel? Would free up some wages to expand your squad.

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, Gregor Kobel's high salary really annoys me, his player agent has a personal problem with me and I had the choice to let Gregor Kobel go in 2030 or complete the deal. I personally love Gregor Kobel, in real life AND in Football Manager and I want to develop him into a club legend and keep him for as long as possible, which is why I gave in to the negotiations after a very long time. 😬

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Meanonsunday:

Squad seems too small to me.  Having 3-5 injured at the same time is common and then imagine some players get called up to international u21, Olympics etc when you still have games.  Maybe you have some young players you can call up immediately to fill in; I’m usually playing in countries where anyone 18+ has to go on loan because the reserves don’t play in a proper league that will increase their attributes.

Yes, that's right. The squad is really small, but that is also my goal. I love working with a smaller squad, I usually have 22 players in my squad plus 1-2 loan players as emergency backup. I plan the squad so that every position in my tactics is occupied twice. If a player is unavailable or not fit, I take players from the Dev. Center into the squad. :D

7 hours ago, chrissi_txt said:

Yes, that's right. The squad is really small, but that is also my goal. I love working with a smaller squad, I usually have 22 players in my squad plus 1-2 loan players as emergency backup. I plan the squad so that every position in my tactics is occupied twice. If a player is unavailable or not fit, I take players from the Dev. Center into the squad. :D

I also aim for 2 players per position. For positions like DC where I typically have 2 players, one backup will be a promising youngster who’ll get minutes to develop and another will be a solid player, nothing flash, low wages, good personality who is happy to be a backup. 

I’ll then try and get another players to make it 25, usually solid ‘John O Shea’ types who can cover a few positions.

However in FM24 it seems key to have 2 decent backup keepers.