[FM24] Vigo - Rise of the Celts

warlock

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheMartello said:

You still have the tactic file? Or all the info of it?

Both of the used tactics - 433 and 4231 - should be in this thread, I think. The 4231 is on the first page; 433 on page 3.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

Both of the used tactics - 433 and 4231 - should be in this thread, I think. The 4231 is on the first page; 433 on page 3.

Yeah I saw them, but it doesn´t show the team instructions or player instructions (if there are any)

14 minutes ago, TheMartello said:

it doesn´t show the team instructions

They're on the 4231 on page 1, and they were pretty much consistent throughout the save (including the 433). I make constant changes to TIs during a game, often turning on/off 'work ball into box', adjusting passing length and tempo. If we're struggling to break down a parked bus, I'll increase our width and drop the tempo. Against the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona who push up and press high, I'll often turn on 'pass into space' and 'distribute to the flanks'. 

I don't really use PIs, but occasionally if I have trigger-happy midfielders I'll tell them to shoot less often.

For the last couple of FMs you can't really set up a tactic and run it unchanged throughout the season. You have to make adjustments, depending on the opposition and the game state.

Experiment. Have fun.

When work hands you awful jobs, make lemonade!

Not quite, but I’ve taken some time out today to catch up on this save and just wow! :applause:
Excited for your next adventure - wherever that may be!

@CameronFM Sorry for the delayed response - I got bounced out of the forums with yesterday's upgrade and then couldn't log in again. Eventually tried changing the password and finally it worked.

Thanks for reading, and when I figure out my next save I'll be back!

On 27/05/2024 at 17:18, warlock said:

Good luck :thup:. I'm sort of thinking about a tactic-driven save... I've (almost?) never played with a back three and it would get me out of my comfort zone. Combined with a "topple PSG" aim in France. Just need to find the right club - thought Rennes might be it but the squad is a bit of a mess and there's not much money to plug the gaps.

Enjoy Sicily (both virtually and literally)!

I found myself playing a back-three more and more in recent versions and it seems to really suit my ideas. I prefer my wide attacking players to be running in to the spaces ahead of them from deep rather than having wingers/inverted wingers  in a 433 who in my mind are just lurking there idly waiting for somebody to give them the ball and otherwise (in my mind at least) not contributing much to the team. Good luck wherever you may go next. I would say France is hard because of PSG, but I would have said the same about Spain and you crushed the giants there quite comfortably with Celta Vigo.

I started with Palermo, made some kits that I absolutely loved and got a few games in to the season with some clear ideas on what I wanted to do in the first year (and first window). But at the close of August I was unable to terminate the loan of an average veteran striker who according to the game was on criminally high Serie B wages of 50,000 Euros per week. That kind of dented my enthusiasm, but I will not delete the save just in case my visit there attracts me to try and continue.