Adding a Nation to Europe

Is there a way of adding a nation to Europe? Both from a UEFA club and nation qualification standpoint, and a FIFA standpoint?

Or is this going to land me in a world of hurt?

I'd like to add a new nation, kind of like adding Sealand, or something, create a domestic league and tournament, and enter them into international club and country contests. I don't know if the editor/game can balance that automatically, with stuff like how many places there are in Euros groups, and Conference League and Champions League qualifiers. I can imagine creating the league domestically as being easy enough but balancing it internationally could be hard, or potentially impossible.

Adding is an issue, but if you replace one and move the replaced nation to another continent it can work. The Russia/Belarus ban has changed a few thing so that's not ideal, but Europe did have a max already.

Posted (edited)

Hrrm, so I could get rid of the lowest ranked European nation and add in my own one? Is it possible to just "disappear" that nation and not move them to another continent? Or incorporate them into another nation?

I think I have an idea that'd work for the "backstory" if I could do that.

Edited by Little Miss Lump Kicker

I am also interested in this but I am confused in the editor.

I would like to modify the Canadian Premier league and make it European so that it can participate in the Champions league.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

Is it possible to just "disappear" that nation and not move them to another continent?

Yes it is possible. I removed Gibraltar from European competitions, when recreating Soviet Union as Russia. Their club teams play in continental competitions, and the national team play in world cup qualifiers, but not european ones. I'm working on a file now to get them playing european ones as well. That involves rebuilding the competitions. Check out my files here . You can dissect them in the editor to see what I've done. Here is a save game file in 2041. You can see what is possible.

You don't even need to remove somebody. International competitions can be edited to account for another nation anyway, it's just club continental ones that won't. They'll just automatically exclude the bottom ranked nation on the coefficients table though, so there's nothing you'd need to do for that.

I've added Monaco to Europe and it's worked fine. I've done the international competitions anyway so they're included in there. They're just permanently bottom of the coefficients table and get 0/0/0 places in the club comps. Just give your new nation some coefficient values so it isn't bottom, and somebody like San Marino or Andorra will miss out instead.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

it's just club continental ones that won't. They'll just automatically exclude the bottom ranked nation on the coefficients table though, so there's nothing you'd need to do for that.

Unless of course you create your own continental competitions which don't use the coefficient system. :)

On 02/04/2024 at 11:09, rusty217 said:

You don't even need to remove somebody. International competitions can be edited to account for another nation anyway, it's just club continental ones that won't. They'll just automatically exclude the bottom ranked nation on the coefficients table though, so there's nothing you'd need to do for that.

I've added Monaco to Europe and it's worked fine. I've done the international competitions anyway so they're included in there. They're just permanently bottom of the coefficients table and get 0/0/0 places in the club comps. Just give your new nation some coefficient values so it isn't bottom, and somebody like San Marino or Andorra will miss out instead.

That's the most helpful thing I've ever read. A fudge for my DB, but still.. Incredible!