Promise no change in playing time after injury to an u19 or benchwarmer?

Sometimes a youth teamer, or someone else that never sees the field for the first team, gets hurt and you'll have the option of consoling them OR promising them that the injury won't affect their playing time when they return.  I'm always tempted to select the promise of "this won't affect your playing time" (because you weren't bloody getting any in the first place kid!) to boost my successful promise rate... but I'm afraid of it backfiring if it somehow means I do have to actually play the scrub on return to fulfill it.

Anyone tried this, anyone know?

Edited by nms1987

It commits you to maintaining whatever their agreed playing time was before they got the injury.

Personally I just do the console/encourage bit. No benefit to making a promise, which is what the playing time option does.

On 01/04/2024 at 22:19, NineCloudNine said:

It commits you to maintaining whatever their agreed playing time was before they got the injury.

Personally I just do the console/encourage bit. No benefit to making a promise, which is what the playing time option does.

Gotcha, thanks! So as long as their status is youngster to breakthrough prospect I should be ok promising them that.

The benefit, as I see it, is that if you've broken some promises you then lose the ability to promise guys things and have them believe you.  IE, a guy comes to me complaining about playing time, I promise him it will improve, and he'll say "nah, buzz off, can't trust you, you've broken too many other promises".  So I'm trying to make and keep easy promises to get my success rate on that back up