Continental competition for second tier teams

Hello,

I am trying to make a competition for the top second-tier teams in Europe, but seems like there are no options to select the top teams of the second division. Is it possible and what steps should I make? Thank you.

Hi

you may be able to do this here-I have never tried it but by adding a specific division alongside the country it should then pull teams from that comp

[note I use my own UEFA set up those number of teams 16 are to cover the 4 comps I use so 4 teams would enter each comp from eg england etc]

4fbd45c027581a6e66a0bef1905cbdf5.jpg

but You should be able to do this by getting the last winner/runner up/3 rd placed team/random team/s from a specific competition/s

however this has been buggy at times 

4a774824044202fdd3d4282ac712bad0.png

That error is/was a random bug I first came across in FM22

to fix it I had to remove the fixture rules for the competition [copy the rules first] that is showing the error - see if the file tests now

if it does then you can add several sets of extra fixture rules, leave them blank unused

pick a higher number than the previous one that the comp used and paste the rules back in but do not use the same number as before 

eg if it was fixture rule 6 then use one of the higher blank ones you created, say fixture rule 10 this fixed the issue for me

Edited by Roy Race 9

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2024 at 22:57, Roy Race 9 said:

Hi

you may be able to do this here-I have never tried it but by adding a specific division alongside the country it should then pull teams from that comp

[note I use my own UEFA set up those number of teams 16 are to cover the 4 comps I use so 4 teams would enter each comp from eg england etc]

4fbd45c027581a6e66a0bef1905cbdf5.jpg

but You should be able to do this by getting the last winner/runner up/3 rd placed team/random team/s from a specific competition/s

however this has been buggy at times 

4a774824044202fdd3d4282ac712bad0.png

i can confirm this does work on fm 23 but only when it wants to, i have started 1 new game where it worked, and when i started again later it did not work, the whole competition was gone and it hasnt worked since, but the first game had the winners of the sky bet leagues in the competition