[Suggestion] A new role in center midfield

marknwn

A new role maybe called "Wide center midfielder" which is a CM occasionally moves to sidelines (instead of the halfspaces/channels like the mezzala role does)  to provide width, passing options, overlapping runs and deliver crosses, especially when players using inside forwards/inverted wingers and inverted fullbacks/wingbacks on the same side. 

Also, add a new player instruction that enables players to tell the CM to move to sidelines (similar to the current P.I that tells the CM to move to the halfspaces). 

14 分钟前, Enzu225说:

Carrilero? A central midfielder on support who does not move into channels and stays wider.

Thank you for your reply.

From my experience, current "stay wide" instruction for players playing in the middle of the pitch like ST/CM/CB etc only tells them to stay wider in the middle of the pitch instead of hugging the sidelines.

That's why I also suggested adding a new player instruction that enables players to tell the CM to move to sidelines. 

13 小时前, Enzu225说:

In that case the suggestion is good. Something like a false winger then? When in defense stays in the center and when in attack moves to the wings?

I think this role can be available with support and attack duties.

On support duty, it will act like a false wingback(d), focus on providing width, passing options and delivering 45 degree crosses.

On attack duty, it will act like a false wingback(a), focus on overlapping run,  delivering crosses near the byline.

Also, it should position itself according to its teammates. For example it should stay in the center midfield when the inside forward is on the flanks and dirft to the flanks when the inside forward cutting inside.

In the current game system, we can only use wingers to provide width when using inverted wingbacks and inverted fullbacks. I think this role can add more variations to our tactics. 

On 21/04/2024 at 03:10, marknwn said:

I think this role can be available with support and attack duties.

On support duty, it will act like a false wingback(d), focus on providing width, passing options and delivering 45 degree crosses.

On attack duty, it will act like a false wingback(a), focus on overlapping run,  delivering crosses near the byline.

If the role acts like a wingback and not as a wide midfielder/winger, then either it should also be for a defensive midfielder position or central midfielder on defend duty. Central midfielder position plays higher up the pitch than a wingback. My suggestion would be Wide Central Midfielder (D) = Wingback (S), Wide Central Midfielder (S) = Wingback (A), Wide Central Midfielder (A) = Winger (S/A)

• 4 weeks later...