Selecting all affilated B-teams for A-teams in 'teams' for a certain division for a seperate competition

Let's say I want to create a full-fledged competition (not a reserve competition) for all affilated B-teams of clubs playing in a certain division. These B-teams play in the normal league pyramid. How do I select these B-teams, based on the division their A-teams play in when setting up this competition in advanced rules. It should be dynamic, so selecting specific teams will not work.

I've been experimenting with fall-back teams, but that does not seem to work in this scenario. When is the fall-back option used exactly?

All suggestions are welcome!

image.thumb.png.cfc850fe4e95fcc4bf7e0c4e134181df.png

Could you just set "team type" to reserve for the first entry? Shouldn't need fall-back teams (which I've never got working). There's more convoluted ways to do it with team pools and "ignore teams" entries but it would be more work

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it!

Turns out that option only works when the B-teams are created in the same way U21-teams are. Affiliated clubs that are created as normal clubs and then set as B-teams through the affiliation, are not picked up by this team rule, they are seen as first teams (somehow). You can filter these types of affilated clubs out with the team rule (it's an option you can tick), but I could not find an option to select affiliated B-clubs from specified A-teams.

In short, I had to scrap this idea and I worked something else out so that I would not need to select them anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, for if someone would need this information in the future: when you use 'get all teams from division' and you set team type to 'B-team' and fall-back team type to 'closest team type', you get all B-teams (also affiliated teams) for the teams from that division! I was working with 'get best teams from local region', there that method does not work, for some reason. It works without a division specified (for the division the rule is in) or for a specified division.