Resource Archiver Guide

affe1802

If you buy the Football Manager game you get 2 useful apps: one FM Editor (pregame) and one resource archiver 

You can find these in Steam under the Tool list section.

1. Now open the resource archiver 

resourcearchiver.png.908715a5918a704b51ef52b8ad078e69.png

So sorry, my mother language is German.

2. the search archive ( Archiv durchsuchen ) only shows the folder structure and the files that are there.

3. the Unzip archive (Archive entpacken) 

Unpacking archive now opens the data folder 

Unziparchive.png.9389451756ac751cb0176aa15fe7cf00.png

4. Now let's select the graphics folder for a test, these folder is located in the game folder 

Graphicsfolder.png.9e48a49367854d14476dec217ef18e92.png

click on load (Laden)  Now we can create a folder where the graphics folder will be saved, or we can choose an already existing folder.

5.  Now we could change something, add png´s and edit the config.xml with club name and the clubs id or insert new png´s for clubs

pngfolder.png.1c3a06f1eb8a373867ab7faa3ae3cf0c.png

6. In order to implement the changes for the game or the pregame editor, we now have to save this in the comp editor.fmf. For this we use the resource archiver again.  Here we click on create archive (Archive erstellen). Now we select the previously changed Graphics folder.

berabeitetwhlen.png.afcbdfe9b5fc02b900c99421271812e0.png

7. Now we select the Graphics folder in the game folder in and replace it with the changed Graphics folder. 

besttigen.png.9dfa88df63edd3fdf5dc0b238767b3be.png

8. Now there is a warning that this file already exists. By clicking on yes ( Ja ) we confirm this. For the changes to be applied. 

9. The changes have now been applied

nderungenbernommen.png.ad59c66ce1fe9ca2af5605c12c918e2b.png

The Resource Archiver is a useful tool. You can unzip things like comp editor, graphics and other things and look at the .xml files with a text editor.

• 3 months later...

Hi, may I ask, is it normal that the resulting file after compressing again with the Resource Archiver, ends up being smaller than the original?

In my case I only edited a single line in the "nation.xml" file.

Thank you.