Switching clubs league

dmxidk

can some1 help me with the fmeditor, im trying to switch benfica to the championship using the fm24 editor and every time i do it i end up with benfica playing both the portuguese league and the championship, i am also trying to put porto and sporting in the championship and only sporting seems to be only in the championship and not playing both the    portuguese league and english. any ideas of why this is happening?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by dmxidk

The Portuguese league has special rules to alter the schedule of the best 3 teams from the previous season, currently Benfica, Porto and Braga. So you'll either need to edit Portuguese nation rules to remove that, or a simpler way would be to just edit the history for the Portuguese League so that teams you aren't moving are classed as winners/runner up/third instead.

Also, I'd suggest double checking how the Portuguese teams you're moving are set up. There are 3 different nations settings and IIRC only 1 automatically changes when moving teams like that.

Nation, should automatically change and has to be set to England if they play in English leagues.

Based Nation, affects newgens. There's no problem with this being Portugal. You can change to England instead if you want them to generate English newgens instead though.

Continental Cup Nation, decides where they qualify to Europe from. If this is Portugal, and probably still will be until you manually change it, they will be unable to qualify for Europe from any English competition. So eg. winning the EPL = no Europe. If they're not still involved in Portuguese competitions they'll be unable to ever qualify for Europe again. If it's set as England they'll be able to qualify for Europe from English competitions, top 4 in EPL = UCL etc. They'll also be classed as English in the competition though with a little English flag and all.

13 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

The Portuguese league has special rules to alter the schedule of the best 3 teams from the previous season, currently Benfica, Porto and Braga. So you'll either need to edit Portuguese nation rules to remove that, or a simpler way would be to just edit the history for the Portuguese League so that teams you aren't moving are classed as winners/runner up/third instead.

Also, I'd suggest double checking how the Portuguese teams you're moving are set up. There are 3 different nations settings and IIRC only 1 automatically changes when moving teams like that.

Nation, should automatically change and has to be set to England if they play in English leagues.

Based Nation, affects newgens. There's no problem with this being Portugal. You can change to England instead if you want them to generate English newgens instead though.

Continental Cup Nation, decides where they qualify to Europe from. If this is Portugal, and probably still will be until you manually change it, they will be unable to qualify for Europe from any English competition. So eg. winning the EPL = no Europe. If they're not still involved in Portuguese competitions they'll be unable to ever qualify for Europe again. If it's set as England they'll be able to qualify for Europe from English competitions, top 4 in EPL = UCL etc. They'll also be classed as English in the competition though with a little English flag and all.

ty for the help bro, im new to the editor, imma try and get it to work. tysm