Team & Player Instructions Vs Player Traits

Are Player "Traits" more Powerful than "Instructions"?

The reason I ask is... I'm Arsenal, trying to replicate Artetas 4-3-3 that turns into a 3-2-5 or 2-3-5 in possession.

But there's 2 things I notice;

1. I want to play Rice as the 6 & Partey as the 8. But Partey's average position is always too deep (But he has "Come Deep To Get Ball" & Dictate Temp. Rice doesn't.)

2. Saka & Martinelli both have "Cut Inside From Flank". I don't mind this as much but seems to effect WIDTH. Even with Winger Roles.

It’s hard to answer this definitely because only SI know the weighting and potency of all the variables.

Traits mean a player will do that thing more often than if they didn’t have the trait. How much more and how often that is depends on a vast number of things, including their mental stats, your tactics and the nature of the trait.

Same with tactical instructions. If you tell a player to do something more or less then they will do it more or less. How much more or less and when they do it depends on the same variables as above.

If you give a player an in instruction which conflicts with a trait, you’ll get a warning about it on the tactical screen. If you give them an instruction which matches a trait they’ll be happy about it. So the game clearly thinks it matters. How much? Who knows!

Not all traits are alike. Most are multipliers (do X more often) but some are characteristics (dictates tempo, shoots with power). Some change the way a role operates (eg a B2B with gets forward when possible is different to one with dives into tackles).

tl;dr No one knows for sure! Personally, I like telling players to do more of the things they like to do and I put them in roles where I want those things to happen.

Edited by NineCloudNine

20 ore fa, SKfm ha scritto:

Are Player "Traits" more Powerful than "Instructions"?

The reason I ask is... I'm Arsenal, trying to replicate Artetas 4-3-3 that turns into a 3-2-5 or 2-3-5 in possession.

But there's 2 things I notice;

1. I want to play Rice as the 6 & Partey as the 8. But Partey's average position is always too deep (But he has "Come Deep To Get Ball" & Dictate Temp. Rice doesn't.)

2. Saka & Martinelli both have "Cut Inside From Flank". I don't mind this as much but seems to effect WIDTH. Even with Winger Roles

From personal experience, dictates tempo really changes how midfielders move and even make " stay wider" quite useless

On 29.04.2024 at 19:07, Andrew Marines said:

From personal experience, dictates tempo really changes how midfielders move and even make " stay wider" quite useless

whats the “dictates tempo” actually do in ME?