[Suggestion] Tactics Position... setter thing

Vicente14

Right so this problem has plagued me for years and I'm literally playing my Ajax save right now and suffering from it and decided I'd raise it because I believe I have an elegant solution that only requires either one more tab in the tactics page or one more box on the overview tab...

So usually I have a defensive and an attacking tactic that usually uses the same players but my problem is always making the players go where I want when I switch tactics. This save it's my DM always gets moved to AMC and vice versa. I have to switch the players around every time I change it which over the course of a save, and two decades of playing FM is trillions of clicks and hundreds of years of my life stolen from me. I've tried moving the actual positions around but then they lose all their settings usually so I have to redo them then someone when I change back it gets all messed with the other tactic or a new tactic if I add a third one and it's all just generally a pain in the ass. Especially when I'm loading tactics from other saves. Like yeah, I could rebuild them from scratch but then what's the point in saving them and loading them?

So my solution is page where each position has a number 1-11 and you can move that around "outside" of the tactics and flick through them and see how they move and say e.g in my case I want my 8 to be 6 and the 9 and 7 to switch around and so on for all my tactics so I only need to do it once when I make my tactic, not 9,001 times a season. Even in the rare conditions I manage to make tactics where this isn't a problem it usually comes up in the new year when I have to rip up my tactics.

Elegant. Henry Henderson would be proud. It makes the tactics drop-down in games actually useful now too.

I assume I can add it to the list of additions I've got in the game over the years?

Edited by Vicente14

• Vicente14 changed the title to [Suggestion] Tactics Position... setter thing

Perhaps this could be tied into the squad planner feature. That feature already has a ranking system for players in each position for the current, which could be used for what you're asking.

This means that each tactic would have a squad planner-like feature, where you'd rank your first, second, third etc. choices for players in each position, and they'd automatically adjust around when switching to the tactic

• 3 weeks later...