ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1844 -2024 (10th Anniversary addition)

1 hour ago, IgnorantLobster said:

Looking forward to this! Is there any way of knowing if it might be ready in July?

I can tell you now that this is a huge upgrade. It is just a case of wait and see. My hope is that it will be later July or early August.

As you know with me, accuracy is important, every player is thoroughly tested to ensure they play like they used to play.

Also upgraded will be the players special moves as well. What has taken slightly longer is that its been a while since the last release so there was years of work to catch up on, if you know what I mean.

I am making great progress, but there is more work to do, and I will get it out there as soon as I can. :thup:

On 13/07/2024 at 18:18, Fenech said:

I can tell you now that this is a huge upgrade. It is just a case of wait and see. My hope is that it will be later July or early August.

As you know with me, accuracy is important, every player is thoroughly tested to ensure they play like they used to play.

Also upgraded will be the players special moves as well. What has taken slightly longer is that its been a while since the last release so there was years of work to catch up on, if you know what I mean.

I am making great progress, but there is more work to do, and I will get it out there as soon as I can. :thup:

Sounds great. Thanks for the work you're putting in.

On 15/07/2024 at 18:11, IgnorantLobster said:

Sounds great. Thanks for the work you're putting in.

Thanks for the support! I know its taking a little longer, but it will be worth it's weight in gold!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, soaringzao said:

some questions here:where the players Attributes from?how you keep gameplay balance,how many new players included?,and it has face pack?

Great questions! Here's an overview addressing each of them:

Player Attributes:

The attributes for each player in the database are derived from a combination of official statistics, historical performance data, and extensive research. Sources include:

• Official FIFA and PES statistics: These provide a solid baseline for player attributes.
  • UEFA records and historical match data: Offering insights into player performances in significant competitions.
  • Public opinion and expert analysis: Ensuring the players' abilities are accurately represented.

Gameplay Balance:

Maintaining gameplay balance is a priority to ensure a fun and competitive experience. This is achieved through:

• Extensive testing: Each player is thoroughly tested within the game to ensure their attributes lead to realistic performance on the pitch.
  • Adjustments based on feedback: Continuous tweaks and updates based on feedback from fan forums, FIFA, UEFA, Media etc etc.
  • Balanced attributes: Ensuring that no player or team is unrealistically overpowered, promoting a fair and enjoyable gameplay environment.

New Players Included:

• Comprehensive Coverage: The database includes every legend and star from 1844 to 2024. This means thousands of players, covering multiple generations and football eras.
  • Extensive Research: Players are added based on their historical impact, achievements, and contributions to the sport.

New Chairman & Managers Included: The database includes every legend and star Manager from 1844 to 2024. What you will see is the most advanced AI you can experience in the game. Not only are the Managers brought back, but all their personalities, abilities, tendencies, formation preferences, coaching styles etc etc. and Yes Don Revie and Brian Clough are at war with each other and yes, Herbert Champion and Bill Shankly will be going head to head and yes, Terry Venables is back. all of them. etc etc. Bill Nicholson, etc etc and not just the UK Manager but every manager who from throughout the world that had ANY impact on the game going back over 100 years of football History. Including Chairman etc. 

Face Pack:

• Mega Face Pack Release: Yes, the database includes a face pack, allowing you to see the faces of the legends and stars as you play. This adds an extra layer of immersion and authenticity to the experience.

Total Football is alive
    West Germany, and all the other world cup winning teams etc.
    The Uruguay World Champions of 1930 & 1950
    The Austrian Wunderteam
    The Mighty Magyars
    The Busby Babes
    The Grande Torino
    The 1966 World Cup England
    La Machina (River Plate)
    Peles' Brazil
    The 1961 Double winning Spurs
    The Preston North End Invincibles
    The Liverpool that dominated the 80s
    The Sunderland Team of all Talents
    The Arsenal Invincibles under Arsene Wenger (Back at Monaco as Herbert Chapman leads the Gunners)
    Etc etc etc

It's basically FM in Hard Mode.

All the players & all the managers of the most successful sides of History colliding and all theses elements combined aim to provide a rich, balanced, and engaging football management experience, bringing the legends of the game back to life in a way that's both realistic and enjoyable. If you have any more questions or need further details, feel free to ask!
Edited by Fenech

3 hours ago, Kevin_17 said:

How many football player in your create since 1884 to 2024 

The Ultimate Legends Database aims to be comprehensive, including thousands of players spanning the entire history of football from 1844 to 2024. While I don't have an exact number, you can expect several thousand players, reflecting the rich tapestry of football history. This includes:

Pioneers and early stars from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Golden age legends from the mid-20th century.

Modern icons and contemporary stars from the late 20th and early 21st centuries.

Each player and manager / coach is meticulously researched to ensure their inclusion is justified by their contributions and impact on the game. This extensive roster ensures a deep, immersive, and historically rich experience for all Football Manager enthusiasts.

• Fenech changed the title to ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1844 -2024 (10th Anniversary addition)
7 hours ago, ripind said:

When download this database?

The release of the Ultimate Legends Database 1848-2024 10th Year Anniversary Edition is coming soon. I'm currently in the final stages of testing and polishing to ensure everything is perfect. While I don't have an exact release date just yet, it will arrive as soon as it is ready and only when I am satisfied that it is in the best possible shape. It is well worth the wait. 

Please stay tuned for updates, which I will announce as soon as the database is finalized. Your enthusiasm and patience are greatly appreciated, and I can't wait to share this incredible football journey with you! While the database will be free, it will be available only upon request. I will not be posting the download link on any site or forum, and I reserve the right to refuse to provide the download link. Terms and conditions apply.

35 minutes ago, Fenech said:

The release of the Ultimate Legends Database 1848-2024 10th Year Anniversary Edition is coming soon. I'm currently in the final stages of testing and polishing to ensure everything is perfect. While I don't have an exact release date just yet, it will arrive as soon as it is ready and only when I am satisfied that it is in the best possible shape. It is well worth the wait. 

Please stay tuned for updates, which I will announce as soon as the database is finalized. Your enthusiasm and patience are greatly appreciated, and I can't wait to share this incredible football journey with you! While the database will be free, it will be available only upon request. I will not be posting the download link on any site or forum, and I reserve the right to refuse to provide the download link. Terms and conditions apply.

Thank you for letting me know, Fenech

Im so excited to see how you’re handling where the players play, I mean Ajax especially had so many Icons in the past 40 years and to see where they play or if they stay there is so interesting.

im looking forward to play with my Dinamo Zagreb and then buying some Croatian based players from the 60s to revive the Euro League Squad from 1967 😎

I'm using the latest update available from when I started my current save. I'm a lower league manager starting in the 10th tier, but what I'm enjoying is seeing all these guys joining top-flight teams and adding unpredictability to premier league, bundesliga, international tournaments etc.

EDIT: Well, it's a legends file and facepack - not sure if it's the same one :ackter:

Edited by phnompenhandy

On 31/07/2024 at 13:35, Zagrebacki said:

Im so excited to see how you’re handling where the players play, I mean Ajax especially had so many Icons in the past 40 years and to see where they play or if they stay there is so interesting.

im looking forward to play with my Dinamo Zagreb and then buying some Croatian based players from the 60s to revive the Euro League Squad from 1967 😎

Thank you so much for your excitement and kind words! I'm thrilled to hear that you're looking forward to seeing how the players are placed, especially with a club like Ajax that has such a rich history of iconic players.

Reviving Dinamo Zagreb's Euro League Squad from 1967 sounds like an amazing challenge and a lot of fun. I'm confident you'll have a great time rediscovering and managing those legendary Croatian players.

Stay tuned for more updates, and I can't wait to hear about your experiences with the Ultimate Legends Database!

8 hours ago, ripind said:

It will be released before fm2025, right? I'm looking forward to your database very much. Fighting

It will be released before fm25. 

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm using the latest update available from when I started my current save. I'm a lower league manager starting in the 10th tier, but what I'm enjoying is seeing all these guys joining top-flight teams and adding unpredictability to premier league, bundesliga, international tournaments etc.

EDIT: Well, it's a legends file and facepack - not sure if it's the same one:ackter:

It sounds like you're having an incredible time with your current save! Starting as a lower league manager and watching legends join top-flight teams must add a fascinating twist to the game. The unpredictability in the Premier League, Bundesliga, and international tournaments must be exciting to witness.

(It's not the same one) No body has this yet as it hasn't been released

But I'm glad you're enjoying the legends concept! 

8 hours ago, Fenech said:

It sounds like you're having an incredible time with your current save! Starting as a lower league manager and watching legends join top-flight teams must add a fascinating twist to the game. The unpredictability in the Premier League, Bundesliga, and international tournaments must be exciting to witness.

(It's not the same one) No body has this yet as it hasn't been released

But I'm glad you're enjoying the legends concept! 

With the depth of research you've put into yours, I'll definitely switch to it when it's out. I'm very unlikely to purchase FM25 early doors, so I'll be playing FM24 with your mods for a long time.

20 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

With the depth of research you've put into yours, I'll definitely switch to it when it's out. I'm very unlikely to purchase FM25 early doors, so I'll be playing FM24 with your mods for a long time.

No offence but you have no idea how good this database is, only people who have played it before can understand. this is head and shoulders above anything else you have ever played.

Do you think it will be compatible with some League Megapacks? Usually I love to load Germany to the 6th Tier or Croatia to the 8th Tier + some African,Asian and American low leagues. 

just because of the huge amount of players I’m excited to scout in Africa and find some legends there or is the main focus European clubs?

I prepared my fm24 for this legends database and can’t wait to begin a new savegame.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Zagrebacki said:

Do you think it will be compatible with some League Megapacks? Usually I love to load Germany to the 6th Tier or Croatia to the 8th Tier + some African,Asian and American low leagues. 

just because of the huge amount of players I’m excited to scout in Africa and find some legends there or is the main focus European clubs?

I prepared my fm24 for this legends database and can’t wait to begin a new savegame.

Yes it will be compatible with League Megapacks

The Legends can be found anywhere in the world

But no Legend would be outside the top 2 divisions of any countries football league system. So if the legend is in Africa, they will be located in the top division of Africa or the Second highest division of Africa only.

100% Cast Iron Guarantee, is that if a player is a certain age, they were at that club at that age at that moment in time in History. That they played at least 30 games for that club in their career.

Edited by Fenech

I think I can help you if you work on Asian Legends or K League Legends. I'm also Korean. Usually, the maximum CA in our country and Asian players' leagues is around 130-140s. Unless it's a world-class(like Saudi league) mercenary, I think it's 150s at the highest

Edited by ripind

7 minutes ago, ripind said:

I think I can help you if you work on Asian Legends or K League Legends. I'm also Korean. Usually, the maximum CA in our country and Asian players' leagues is around 130-140s. Unless it's a world-class(like Saudi league) mercenary, I think it's 150s at the highest

Thank you for your offer to help with Asian Legends and K League Legends! Your insights would be invaluable.

For this database, only legends and stars since 1848 who meet specific criteria will be included. Due to the vast number of legends worldwide, only Asian players who have made a significant impact and fit the selected criteria will be featured. If you have any suggestions for standout Asian players who have truly earned their legendary status, I'd love to hear them!

Your enthusiasm and expertise are greatly appreciated.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Fenech:

Yes it will be compatible with League Megapacks

The Legends can be found anywhere in the world

But no Legend would be outside the top 2 divisions of any countries football league system. So if the legend is in Africa, they will be located in the top division of Africa or the Second highest division of Africa only.

100% Cast Iron Guarantee, is that if a player is a certain age, they were at that club at that age at that moment in time in History. That they played at least 30 games for that club in their career.

Sounds nice! So for just one example who got in my mind firstly is someone like Rudi Völler. Does he begin at Kickers Offenbach like in Real life many years ago or is he at Werder?AS Roma? Leverkusen? 

sorry if that would be a big spoiler and dont need to be responded..im just curious how you handled thousands of players ^^

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, harizzakwan580 said:

Hey man, it's been a while, I'm also the guy who make Legendary Wonderkids & Managers from majesticeternity. I just want to say if you like my database feel free to comment.

Hey there! It's great to hear from you, and I'm glad you're enjoying my work on the Ultimate Legends 1844-2024 database (10th anniversary edition). Your support means a lot.

I'm currently extremely busy creating and preparing the Ultimate Legends Database for release. As the original legends database, I'm fully focused on ensuring it meets the highest standards. While I appreciate the efforts of other creators who have tried to make their own versions, I simply don't have the time to look into other legends databases right now. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

Edited by Fenech

23 hours ago, Fenech said:

Hey there! It's great to hear from you, and I'm glad you're enjoying my work on the Ultimate Legends 1844-2024 database (10th anniversary edition). Your support means a lot.

I'm currently extremely busy creating and preparing the Ultimate Legends Database for release. As the original legends database, I'm fully focused on ensuring it meets the highest standards. While I appreciate the efforts of other creators who have tried to make their own versions, I simply don't have the time to look into other legends databases right now. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

Thank you for appreciation.

6 hours ago, Zagrebacki said:

How is the work going? I have my two days off in a row, it would be great if you upload your database in the next few hours 😁

Tough luck, you've probably got a couple more months to wait yet.

On 05/08/2024 at 16:40, soaringzao said:

haven't finished yet? can't wait to play

No, sorry I won't release until it is ready and I have very high standards so unfortunately there is a bit longer to wait, All I can say is that waiting will be worthwhile.

23 hours ago, Fwiedwice said:

any EST time of release?

I don't want to put an EST time until I am able to give an accurate picture of when that will be. I don't release until I am happy with it.

9 hours ago, Zagrebacki said:

How is the work going? I have my two days off in a row, it would be great if you upload your database in the next few hours 😁

Sorry to disappoint, hopefully the wait will be rewarded. What can I say? It's going to be amazing. 

20 hours ago, Fenech said:

I doubt it will be that long.

I'm sure it will be amazing no matter how long it takes. Like you said, no point releasing until you're happy with it. I'm looking to do the same moving forward.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

I'm sure it will be amazing no matter how long it takes. Like you said, no point releasing until you're happy with it. I'm looking to do the same moving forward.

Well, it's been 10 years since the original release and 5 years since the last edition and as you can imagine, a lot has changed in that time. Now this is a massive update. So if I released it now, it would NOT be ready and therefore I would not consider it to be amazing, it will only be amazing once it is finished to my satisfaction and I never release anything that is an inch less than what it can be. The reason that it is not ready is because of the number of years it has been and amount of improvements that can now be made are significant enough to give me the drive to want to release it again. So, it is a huge update and while it is not ready today, I would think it will be ready in the not too distant future. But it will be amazing, only when it is ready... Yes I am sure it would be really good right now, but really good is not something that I can accept. If that makes sense.

Edited by Fenech

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @Fenech, as an FM Editor myself, I recommend that you require payment for your hard work. 

It will keep the project alive every year, feed your passion, and motivate you. People who purchased it will also have responsible for that. If your work is FREE, they will not be so GRATEFUL. They will re-upload it in other forums, communities without any credits, and sometimes they make profits of it by selling your file.

I had been an FM Editor for a few years now, and I will say it despite it's hard to swallow.

20 hours ago, theonenonly said:

Dear @Fenech, as an FM Editor myself, I recommend that you require payment for your hard work. 

It will keep the project alive every year, feed your passion, and motivate you. People who purchased it will also have responsible for that. If your work is FREE, they will not be so GRATEFUL. They will re-upload it in other forums, communities without any credits, and sometimes they make profits of it by selling your file.

I had been an FM Editor for a few years now, and I will say it despite it's hard to swallow.

Thank you for sharing your perspective and experience as an FM Editor. I really appreciate your concern and advice. It's true that maintaining the integrity of such a project can be challenging, especially when others may not give proper credit or misuse the work. This concern is one of the main reasons for the gap in releases, and I only wanted to bring it back when I could see a significant benefit to doing so.

Charging for access to created content and asking for donations on the forum is prohibited, whether that's through platforms like Patreon or PayPal.

However, my passion for creating the Ultimate Legends Database has always been driven by a desire to share this unique experience with the community. While I understand the benefits of requiring payment, I believe in keeping this project free and accessible to everyone who shares a love for football history. That said, I will be carefully managing the distribution to ensure it reaches the right audience and to protect the integrity of the work. The file will not be uploaded to any public site, and I will take steps to prevent it from being re-uploaded, shared on other forums, or used for profit.

While charging for access to created content is prohibited here, and I fully respect the forum's rules, if someone is interested in obtaining the database once it’s ready, I’ll let them know what is required via DM. Ultimately, I reserve the right to refuse to share it.

Your support and understanding mean a lot, and I’m grateful for the encouragement.

On 23/08/2024 at 01:28, phnompenhandy said:

That's great to know, Fenech. Do you now have any rough timescale as to when it will be ready. I'm really excited to get my hands on it!

It's a tough one. I wouldn't want to set any expectations until I am sure. So the short answer is no.

@FenechIf you find a way to prevent files from being re-uploaded, shared on other forums, or used for profit, please let me know. Recently, I discovered that my work had been stolen and re-uploaded on various websites, including Chinese and Russian forums. They even cropped the cover image that had my name on it. This was so disheartening that I decided not to release any more files and keep them to myself.

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you. I truly appreciate the countless hours and effort you've invested in this work. Thank you so much for your valuable contribution, and I wish you all the best.

Edited by theonenonly

2 hours ago, theonenonly said:

@FenechIf you find a way to prevent files from being re-uploaded, shared on other forums, or used for profit, please let me know. Recently, I discovered that my work had been stolen and re-uploaded on various websites, including Chinese and Russian forums. They even cropped the cover image that had my name on it. This was so disheartening that I decided not to release any more files and keep them to myself.

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you. I truly appreciate the countless hours and effort you've invested in this work. Thank you so much for your valuable contribution, and I wish you all the best.

I'm really sorry to hear that your work was stolen and re-uploaded without your permission. I can only imagine how frustrating and disheartening that must have been after all the time and effort you put into it. Protecting our creations in this digital age is a real challenge, and I completely understand your decision to keep your files to yourself.

If I do find a way to better protect files from being re-uploaded or used for profit, I'll definitely share it with you. It’s a shame that such measures are necessary, but it’s important that we safeguard the integrity of our work.

Thank you for your kind words and support. I truly appreciate the time and dedication you’ve also put into the community. Let’s hope we can both continue to enjoy creating and sharing our passion, despite these challenges. Wishing you all the best as well!

Hi Everyone,

I want to explain an important concept regarding tactics and their evolution over the years. Understanding this is crucial if you're aiming to create an authentic legends game. Many historical records, including those on Wikipedia, may not accurately reflect the tactical nuances of early football. For example, let's consider the 1930 World Cup final between Uruguay and Argentina, particularly the winning team, Uruguay, whose players will be featured in this legends game.

Here’s the lineup for Uruguay as listed on Wikipedia:

• GK: Enrique Ballestrero
  • FB: José Nasazzi (c)
  • FB: Ernesto Mascheroni
  • RH: José Andrade
  • CH: Lorenzo Fernández
  • LH: Álvaro Gestido
  • OR: Pablo Dorado
  • IR: Héctor Scarone
  • CF: Héctor Castro
  • IL: Pedro Cea
  • OL: Santos Iriarte

While this formation is often described as a 2-3-5, the roles and positions were quite different from what we understand today.

• Full Backs (Nasazzi and Mascheroni): Back then, full backs weren’t the same as today’s left and right backs. They were more like center-backs who might cover the flanks when necessary. They had defensive duties across the back line, not just on the sides. It meant 'fully at the back' not full backs like we think of today. If you go onto wikipedia it will describe them as a right back or a left back, this is not the case at all. There were no right backs or left backs at that stage, they were centrebacks who covered the right or left side of the defensive area of the pitch so if they were back playing today, they would be centre backs with left side or right side preferences.

• Half-Backs (RH, CH, LH): The “Centre Half” wasn’t a central defender like in modern times but more of a defensive midfielder or early sweeper, covering central areas and helping in defense. The Right and Left Halves were similar to today’s defensive midfielders, who also had responsibilities in wide midfield areas.

• Inside Forwards (IR, IL) and Wingers (OR, OL): Inside forwards played closer to what we’d now call an attacking midfielder, supporting the central striker and dropping back to assist in midfield. Wingers were true wide players, similar to today’s, but inside forwards didn’t operate as wide players—they stayed near the central attacking areas.

• Strikers (CF): The center forwards were strikers, a role that remains largely unchanged.

In reality, what is often called a 2-3-5 formation was more like a 2-3-2-3 or 2-3-2-2-1, with fluid roles and responsibilities that covered broad areas of the pitch rather than fixed positions.

195bde56d48d2ea804864daa47e19b0f.png

Edited by Fenech

10 minutes ago, ripind said:

What percentage of the work was done?

Thanks for checking in! At the moment, I can't give an exact percentage, but I'm getting closer to the finish line. The majority of the groundwork is done, and now it’s about refining and finalizing the details, along with testing to make sure everything runs smoothly. Rest assured, once I have a clearer picture, I’ll be providing more updates.

Thanks again for your patience and enthusiasm!