ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1844 -2024 (10th Anniversary addition)

55 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

Hey @Fenech, some of the mighty Magyars played for teams who are currently in the second or third divisions in Hungary. Some of them aren’t in the base release as I believe Hungary only has 2 divisions as default, how would you get around this?

Can you give me an example of one mighty magyar that this would apply to? 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the list of legendary players, you will also add many legendary managers, right? And how many legendary players do you plan to include? Or what is your current level? I know you want to be perfect, but can you please update it regularly? I really want to play. @Fenech

2 hours ago, Kdb17 said:

In the list of legendary players, you will also add many legendary managers, right? And how many legendary players do you plan to include? Or what is your current level? I know you want to be perfect, but can you please update it regularly? I really want to play. @Fenech

Yes, alongside legendary players, legendary managers will also be included in the database. Managers who have had a significant impact on football history, both tactically and in terms of success, will be featured. You'll be able to relive iconic managerial careers and see how they match up with both current and past football stars.

Regarding the number of legendary players, the aim is to include as many legends and stars from 1844 to 2024 as possible, covering players from all eras and regions. This will be a vast project, with thousands of players from across the globe, ensuring that it’s comprehensive and reflects the rich history of football. The database will feature players based on merit, so only those who have made a true impact on the game will be included.

I understand the anticipation, and I’ll aim to provide regular updates on the progress of the database. Thank you for your patience, and rest assured, the wait will be worth it! Once it’s ready, you’ll be able to dive into this epic football journey.

Edited by Fenech

2 hours ago, Kdb17 said:

I would like to help you do it. I think if more people can help, the work will be faster. But even so, it will be disturbing or cause trouble. If you want to help you can tell me

I truly appreciate your offer to help, and it’s great to see your enthusiasm for the project! Right now, the process is quite structured, and as you mentioned, bringing in additional people at this stage might cause some disruptions or slow things down due to the coordination required. Most of the work involves testing, tweaking, and final refinements.

However, your offer is really kind, and if there are specific aspects where feedback or suggestions are needed in the future, I’ll definitely keep you in mind. Community involvement is always valuable, and I appreciate your support! For now, just knowing that people like you are excited about the release motivates me to push forward.

Edited by Fenech

3 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

Puskas, Kocsis, Bozsik, Czibor and Grosics

Ferenc Puskás was born in 1927
He will start the game at least 22 years old due to the year he was born
In 1949 he was playing in Honved who currently play in the 2nd Tier of Hungarian Football (Given the amount of legends they will have, I will probably move them to the top division in Hungary)

Sándor Kocsis was born in 1929
In 1951, He was also playing at Honved so no issues there. 

József Bozsik was born in 1925
In 1947 he was playing at Honved so no issues there

Zoltán Czibor was born in 1929
In 1951 he was playing at Csepel SC (He can't play there due to the rule that the legends/stars will be playing in top two domestic leagues only)
In 1953 he moved to Honved, so he will start at 24 Years of age at Honved

Gyula Grosics was born in 1926
In 1948 he was playing for a club called MATEOSZ Munkás SE (they no longer exist)
In 1950 he moved to Honved, so he will start at 24 Years of age at Honved

Therefore they will all start for Honved who will most likely be placed back in the top division of Hungary, as with so many of the mighty magyars, would make no sense for them to start in the second division

I hope this answers your question.

ferenc.png

kocsis.png

boksik.png

czibor.png

grocisc.png

1 hour ago, Kdb17 said:

Thank you for sharing! However, since I'm fully focused on finalizing and perfecting this current project, I won’t be exploring other legends databases or games for now. I’m dedicated to making this one the best it can be, and while I appreciate the suggestion, I’m sticking to the plan here. This is the original and the best, by far the most accurate and in depth legends database, and will receive this new huge upgrade in celebration of its 10th anniversary.

Your enthusiasm is really encouraging, though, and I hope you're just as excited for the release of this project! 

@Fenech did you still have your legends file From 2018? I still play it every now and then and was hoping to use it. I really can’t wait for the most in depth legends database in  FM history!

10 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@Fenech did you still have your legends file From 2018? I still play it every now and then and was hoping to use it. I really can’t wait for the most in depth legends database in  FM history!

That file is no longer available to the General Public.

22 hours ago, Fenech said:

That file is no longer available to the General Public.

Out of interest, is there a reason for that? I don't personally have FM18 any more so it's not of use to me, but I'm just generally curious why you have decided to archive it.

2 hours ago, IgnorantLobster said:

Out of interest, is there a reason for that? I don't personally have FM18 any more so it's not of use to me, but I'm just generally curious why you have decided to archive it.

The original legends database is no longer available to the general public because it holds immense value to me. It represents a decade of meticulous research and effort, and I want to ensure it remains protected. Unfortunately, in today’s landscape, there are many creators who might take that work, claim it as their own, and either upload it to other sites or put it behind paywalls without giving credit. Worse, they may copy the information and present it as their own work, which is something I can’t allow to happen to such an important project.

Back when I was one of the only legends creators, there was no concern about this. However, now I’ve seen many instances where creators’ work is stolen, repackaged, or poorly replicated by others who don’t fully understand what they’re doing. This original legends game deserves to be preserved with the highest level of respect and accuracy, and I’m committed to safeguarding it.

Until I can find a reliable way to protect this work and ensure it remains in the hands of those who appreciate its value, it will stay archived. I’m doing this not only for myself, but for the entire community—to prevent such a well-researched and crafted piece of work from being misused or degraded by those who might not have the best intentions.

31 minutes ago, Kdb17 said:

Before fm25 will released legend mod that you do it will complete? 

I don't think it is a race to complete this, it will be ready when it is ready, FM25 looks like it's ready by November 26th. That's still quite a bit away, but I don't think it matters, all that matters to me is that I will complete. The actual mod itself will not be released on here or any public forum. When the time comes, if you are interested in playing the game, you will need to send me a Direct Message and I will let you know how that will be possible, at that time. More than likely there will be some 'conditions' and then once I am satisfied, it will be a 'saved game' file made to your exact specifications.

On 20/09/2024 at 00:53, naskooj said:

I really appreciate the efort you put in this and that you will take a look at these players, they truly deserve to be here. As you asked I will give you even more suggestions for you to check out. I will explain them shortly and I will not mention all of their achievements since I dont want it to be that long. I will give you some sites that you can check for more information below. Im also glad that you let me expand Bulgaria's legends and I really hope to see them all ingame. Anyway here is the list.

Forwards

Nasko Sirakov: 
He has 78 caps being apart of the golden gen in 1994. Top scorer 4 times for the league and getting 3rd place for the european golden boot in 86/87.

Bozhin Laskov: He has played for both Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia and is counted among Bulgaria's and Slovakia's best footballers of the era. He has won 4 titles for Levski in 6 years and was an amazing goalscorer.

Georgi Slavkov: The european golden boot winner in 1981 with 31 goals. He is one of the biggest legends for Botev Plovdiv and has 30 caps.

Georgi Popov : He is considered the fastest footballer of the nation running 100 meters below 11 secons. he has won the balkans cup. the league and the cup with them.

Mihail Lozanov; He has managed the legendary Bayern Munich in 1937-1939. He has 38 caps and has won the balkan cup in 1932 and 1935

Krum Milev: The greatest Bulgarian manager ever. Milev holds the record for the longest serving manager (of a single club) in Bulgarian football, with Cska for 16 years and winning 11 league titles.

Krum Yanev: A key player for the golden gen of Cska in the 50s he is a bronze medalist in the olimpics in 1956 and has 31 caps

Dimitar Milanov: He has won 10 league titles  and was a top scorer 2 times. Anopther key player of the golden gen of Cska. He has 39 caps

Panayot Panayotov: He is also a bronze medalist in 1956. He has won 11 league titles and 4 cups for 14 years with Cska. He has 45 caps for the nation

Stoycho Mladenov: Another great manager. He was a top scorer of the bulgarian league and has won the portugese cup in 1989. He has 59 caps.

Atanas Mihaylov: One of the geratest ever to play for Lokomotiv Sofia. He has won the league with them. Mihаylov is the top scorer in the history of the Bulgaria U21 team and has 45 caps for the seniors. He is also a silver medalist in 1968 in the olympics.

Asen Panchev: Balkan cup winner in 1931 and 1932 being the top scorer in 1931. He is one of the first great goalscorers and has 39 caps.

Asen Peshev: The first winner of the award "Bulgarian footballer of the year" in 1931. Also won the balkan cup in 1931 and 1932 and was a top scorer in the league once. He has 41 caps.

Pavel Panov: UEFA Euro Under-19 Champion with Bulgaria: 1969 and Balkan Cup Champion with Bulgaria: 1976. He has won 4 leagues and 5 cups also being a top scorer twice. He has 44 caps

Chavdar Tsvetkov: He is one of the greats to play for Slavia Sofia winning cup with them twice. He has 57 caps for the nation.

Vasil Spasov "The Roller": He has a rich trophy cabinet with Levski Sofia as a player and Omonia from Cyprus. he is considered one of the best managers from the nation.

Midfielders

Dinko Dermendzhiev
: He is the greatest ever footballer for Botev Plovdiv. He hold the record for most apps for the club with 447 and 194 goals. He has won the balkans cup for clubs the league and the domestic cup twice. He has 57 caps.

Zlatko Yankov: he was a part of the golden gen in 1994. he has won the turkish cup and super cup. He has also won 3 cups and 3 league titles for Levski in 5 years playing for them. He has 80 caps.

Yordan Letchkov: Another player from the 1994 golden gen, He has scored the winner againts Germany back in 1994 in the quarter finals. He has 45 caps

Andrey Zhelyazkov: he has won the Bulgarian footballer of the year in 1980, he has also won the Eredevise for Feyenoord and the cup. He has 54 caps

Nikola Mutafchiev: For six seasons from 1921 to 1927, Mutafchiev scored 50 goals in 52 games for Levski. He has took part in the first ever international match for Bulgaria and is also the first Bulgarian to score in an international match.

Bozhidar Iskrenov: he has helped Bulgaria reach the round of 16th in the world cup in 1986. He has won 3 leageus and 4 cups and has 50 caps.

Asparuh Nikodimov: A silver medalist in the 1968 olympics. he has won six league titles and 5 cups for Cska Sofia and another 5 leagues as a manager. He has 25 caps.

Ayan Sadakov: A key player in 1986 for the nation. He has won the cup with lokomotiv Sofia and has 80 caps.

Ivelin Popov and Todor Nedelev: Both of them are still active but i think they deserve a place. They have both won Footballer of the year multiple times, cups and titles and both have 134 caps combined. So i suggest to take a look at them.

Defenders

Ivan Dimitrov: A big legend that for Lokomotiv Sofia, he has won the league with them and has 70 caps in total for the nation.

Trifon Ivanov: Arguebly top 3 defenders in bulgarian history. Apart of the golden gen in 1994. He has won bulgarian and austrian leagues and has 76 caps.

Kiril Ivkov: A silver medalist in 1968 at the olympics. he has won 4 leagues and 4 cups and was a footballer of the year twice. He has 44 caps.

Dobromir Zhechev: The only Bulgarian to play in 4 world cups. He has 73 caps for the nation and has won the balkan cup for them.

Stefan Aladzhov: footballer of the year in Bulgaria in 1970. He has 5 leagues and 5 cups won and has 30 caps.

Stoyan Ormanjiev: More of a managerial carrer, because he stopped playing at 29 years old. he managed Bulgaria for 11 years and has 20 caps.

Tsanko Tsvetanov: Another player from the gold gen in 1994, he ahs won 4 leagues and 2 cups and has 40 caps.

Radostin Kishishev: he has 88 caps for the nation and has won 3 league titles and 1 cup. he has stayed at England clubs for some time too.

Atanas Manolov: Top 2 players for Spartak Plovdiv. He has the record for msot apps for the club with 303 apps and has won the cup and league with them. He also played in a friendly with Brazil againts Pele and succeeds to defend him.

Bozhil Kolev: He has won 5 league titles and 3 cups. He has 60 caps for the country and also won the league and cup in Cyprus with Omonia.

Tsonyo Vasilev: he has won 4 league titles and 1 cup with Cska Sofia. He was a key fullback and has 42 caps.

ivan Zafirov: A silver medalist from the olympics in 1968 and has won 9 league titles with 5 cups. he has 50 caps.

Viden Apostolov: He was a key defender for the golden gen of Botev Plovdiv, winning the league cup and balkans cup with them.

Ivan Radoev: He has won 3 leagues and 1 cup as a player and another 3 leagues and 3 cups as a manager. He was one of the best players in the 20s.

Goalkeepers

Symeon Simeonov: He played mostly for Slavia and is remembered for his incredible save against England in 1968. He has played in 3 world cups and has 34 caps.

Georgi Velinov: Footballer of the year in 1981. He has won 6 league titles and 4 cups. He has 33 caps.

Rumyancho Goranov: The best goalkeeper ever for Lokomotiv Sofia, he has won the league and cup with them and has 34 caps.

I really hope to see these players ingame and hope that they meet the requierments. Since I want to make your research more easy, i will recommend some sites for you to check out. https://www.retro-football.bg/    https://ritnitop.bg/    https://www.sportlive.bg/  and I also recommend to check out the sites of the clubs the players played for. There should be information. For some you probably will have to translate to Bulgarian, idk why at least to me sometimes requiers it to obtain more information. Like you need to type the player in Bulgarian in the search bar to gain more info, news, facts etc. If you feel like it I can give youa lil more suggestions. Anyway I wish you great work and let me know what you have decided. Good luck!

Hey @Fenech, im sorry to ask but im really interested to know your thoughts about this list and have you done some players already. Its been quite some time now since I made the list and it keeps me up to know what you think. I just want to get updated on your thoughts. And also I can suggest more players that are considered legends like those above, that truly deserve a spot. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask for help in researching them.

Just now, naskooj said:

Hey @Fenech, im sorry to ask but im really interested to know your thoughts about this list and have you done some players already. Its been quite some time now since I made the list and it keeps me up to know what you think. I just want to get updated on your thoughts. And also I can suggest more players that are considered legends like those above, that truly deserve a spot. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask for help in researching them.

Also I hope you have took a look at my first list, cuz this is the second one I made.

I just had to hide a few messages after a verbal fisticuffs broke out.

Keep it nice and keep it civil. Some language is not acceptable and I don't think I have to explain why.

Remember that you can ask an editor for progress, but that they don't not have to answer. They might not even know how long finishing is going to take
Also know that each editor has their own life which has impact on how much they will able (or willing) to produce.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I just had to hide a few messages after a verbal fisticuffs broke out.

Keep it nice and keep it civil. Some language is not acceptable and I don't think I have to explain why.

Remember that you can ask an editor for progress, but that they don't not have to answer. They might not even know how long finishing is going to take
Also know that each editor has their own life which has impact on how much they will able (or willing) to produce.

I didn't see the messages but I really appreciate you doing that. I honestly do not know how long finishing is going to take.

I have a very busy life and that has impacted my ability to finish as quickly as I would like, but I am putting all my spare time into it.

I really appreciate the support here. Thank you for keeping the thread clean and civil. I do not condone any language or verbal fisticuffs 

This site has been kind enough to host my updates for over a decade and I would appreciate if we could all respect the forum rules and behave in a dignified manner at all times.

16 hours ago, naskooj said:

Thank you for the lists. I will research and if they do fit the criteria, then they will be included. I do not require any assistance in research as I research in very particulars ways and only using official, reputable sources. Unfortunately as this a legends and stars game including players born as early as 1844, then there is a strict criteria, So I am unable to guarantee that everyone will make the cut, but if they are deserving then they will take their place. 

@Fenech There are multiple ways to describe what a legend is. We all know Cruijff, Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, etc. But what about the boys and men that played the first official match? Started the first ever football clubs. Or were selected for the first national team match. They might've been not legendary skilled, but they started the game we all love so much. So they are legends in their own right too. Something alike goes for the small nations and tiny clubs who outperformed. What about the players that won San Marino's first ever match? Or the teachers, dock workers and office clerks of Calais RUFC who entered the international spotlight during their run to the final of the 2000 Coupe de France, under Spanish coach Ladislas Lozano. They are certainly not on par with Zidane and Haaland, but they are heroes in their region/nation. Will such legends be a good addition to the already awesome players you are creating?

One thing that always surprises me is which names are in the best IX at each club after a few seasons and how easy it is to get a new player in the position where Messi, Beckenbauer, Gullit or Cantona should still be. Do you also create best elevens at every club/nation? And to ensure that someone is not simply replaced, is it possible to tell the game how good someone is/was?

Edited by Jorgen

3 hours ago, Jorgen said:

@Fenech There are multiple ways to describe what a legend is. We all know Cruijff, Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, etc. But what about the boys and men that played the first official match? Started the first ever football clubs. Or were selected for the first national team match. They might've been not legendary skilled, but they started the game we all love so much. So they are legends in their own right too. Something alike goes for the small nations and tiny clubs who outperformed. What about the players that won San Marino's first ever match? Or the teachers, dock workers and office clerks of Calais RUFC who entered the international spotlight during their run to the final of the 2000 Coupe de France, under Spanish coach Ladislas Lozano. They are certainly not on par with Zidane and Haaland, but they are heroes in their region/nation. Will such legends be a good addition to the already awesome players you are creating?

One thing that always surprises me is which names are in the best IX at each club after a few seasons and how easy it is to get a new player in the position where Messi, Beckenbauer, Gullit or Cantona should still be. Do you also create best elevens at every club/nation? And to ensure that someone is not simply replaced, is it possible to tell the game how good someone is/was?

There are indeed many ways to define what makes someone a "legend," just as there are many ways to define success or wealth. I completely agree that the term "legend" can be applied in a variety of contexts. However, after studying football history in-depth, it's clear that the origins of football were rooted in a much darker and more violent time. I’m not sure "legend" is the most fitting term for those early figures. While they might be seen as legends through the lens of modern admiration, if you truly understand the history, you’d see that their treatment of players and the nature of the sport back then were far from what we would consider acceptable today. But this isn't meant to be a history lesson, so I'll leave it at that.

As for smaller nations and underdog stories, while I absolutely respect their achievements and think they are worthy of recognition, they would only fit into this database if they meet the specific criteria of being a legend or star since 1844. Skill plays a significant role in determining that status. This database is a celebration of the many incredibly talented players who have graced the world of football since 1844. My approach is one of "quality over quantity." I'm not looking to overcrowd the database, especially when there are so many legendary players who do make the cut.

Once the database is complete, I will certainly consider squad balance. If a club has too many legends, some may be placed at different clubs they played for earlier or later in their careers to ensure balance. However, I guarantee that if you see a player at a club when the game begins, that player was indeed at that club at that specific age in real life. From there, what happens is in the hands of the Football Manager game mechanics.

Of course, there's always some curiosity around whether the game will generate regens of the same caliber, but that's part of the fun. Sometimes, a little mystery adds to the excitement!

On 05/10/2024 at 18:25, Fenech said:

Thank you for the lists. I will research and if they do fit the criteria, then they will be included. I do not require any assistance in research as I research in very particulars ways and only using official, reputable sources. Unfortunately as this a legends and stars game including players born as early as 1844, then there is a strict criteria, So I am unable to guarantee that everyone will make the cut, but if they are deserving then they will take their place. 

Would you mind giving me some of ur sources since I want to ressearch some old players myself for my own thing?

13 minutes ago, naskooj said:

Would you mind giving me some of ur sources since I want to ressearch some old players myself for my own thing?

I am sorry but that is not possible. My sources are not available to the general public however I am excited that you are starting your own thing and glad that I have inspired you to do so. I wish you the best of luck with your project though and hope the research goes well for you! :thup:

1 hour ago, Fenech said:

I am sorry but that is not possible. My sources are not available to the general public however I am excited that you are starting your own thing and glad that I have inspired you to do so. I wish you the best of luck with your project though and hope the research goes well for you! :thup:

Well its nothing much, just wanted to do a bit of research for myself, anyway im glad that you will look at my lists and im looking forward to see the players ingame. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, naskooj said:

Well its nothing much, just wanted to do a bit of research for myself, anyway im glad that you will look at my lists and im looking forward to see the players ingame. Good luck!

no worries! I am pleased that you are looking forward to it. :thup:

14 hours ago, Fenech said:

There are indeed many ways to define what makes someone a "legend," just as there are many ways to define success or wealth. I completely agree that the term "legend" can be applied in a variety of contexts. However, after studying football history in-depth, it's clear that the origins of football were rooted in a much darker and more violent time. I’m not sure "legend" is the most fitting term for those early figures. While they might be seen as legends through the lens of modern admiration, if you truly understand the history, you’d see that their treatment of players and the nature of the sport back then were far from what we would consider acceptable today. But this isn't meant to be a history lesson, so I'll leave it at that.

As for smaller nations and underdog stories, while I absolutely respect their achievements and think they are worthy of recognition, they would only fit into this database if they meet the specific criteria of being a legend or star since 1844. Skill plays a significant role in determining that status. This database is a celebration of the many incredibly talented players who have graced the world of football since 1844. My approach is one of "quality over quantity." I'm not looking to overcrowd the database, especially when there are so many legendary players who do make the cut.

Once the database is complete, I will certainly consider squad balance. If a club has too many legends, some may be placed at different clubs they played for earlier or later in their careers to ensure balance. However, I guarantee that if you see a player at a club when the game begins, that player was indeed at that club at that specific age in real life. From there, what happens is in the hands of the Football Manager game mechanics.

Of course, there's always some curiosity around whether the game will generate regens of the same caliber, but that's part of the fun. Sometimes, a little mystery adds to the excitement!

I completely understand that. Those early ballkickers and the playing conditions are incomparable with the players we nowadays consider legends. Still, the beautiful game started with those lads. So I hoped to see something of that at Sheffield FC. Like a name of a boardmember or something like that.  Same goes for the underdog stories. They have my respect and it is fun to follow those stories while they happen, but the skill  must fit your other players.ofcourse. Thanks for replying to my ideas though! I very much anticipate your hard work. I suspect it will be awesome!

5 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

I completely understand that. Those early ballkickers and the playing conditions are incomparable with the players we nowadays consider legends. Still, the beautiful game started with those lads. So I hoped to see something of that at Sheffield FC. Like a name of a boardmember or something like that.  Same goes for the underdog stories. They have my respect and it is fun to follow those stories while they happen, but the skill  must fit your other players.ofcourse. Thanks for replying to my ideas though! I very much anticipate your hard work. I suspect it will be awesome!

There will be there as the database is from 1844 so you might be surprised yet! :D 

I trust you won't be replicating SI's procrastination, Fenech! I've pretty much given up on FM25 anyway and am looking forward to using your great work with a FM24 save (or a few saves, by the looks of it). :thup:

12 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I trust you won't be replicating SI's procrastination, Fenech! I've pretty much given up on FM25 anyway and am looking forward to using your great work with a FM24 save (or a few saves, by the looks of it). :thup:

I am looking forward to the same so hopefully I can deliver in good time. :thup:

I was thinking a bit about all the kinds of teams you could make. Ofcourse, gifted teams with Maradona, Cruijff, Messi, Pele and C Ronaldo come to mind, but what about a team made of Kahn, Maldini, Materazzi, Stam, Ricksen, Keane, Makélélé,  Vinnie Jones, Cantona, Drogba and Zlatan? That would be terrifying! 😂😁

26 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

I was thinking a bit about all the kinds of teams you could make. Ofcourse, gifted teams with Maradona, Cruijff, Messi, Pele and C Ronaldo come to mind, but what about a team made of Kahn, Maldini, Materazzi, Stam, Ricksen, Keane, Makélélé,  Vinnie Jones, Cantona, Drogba and Zlatan? That would be terrifying! 😂😁

And you know they are all there too! :lol: I think what sets this one apart from the rest is the accuracy, if you have Drogba, you actually have the real Drogba, safe in the knowledge he has been created to official standards and tested fully in game before being finalized and ready for release. 

Edited by Fenech

@Fenech  That's why it was so nice to think about it. Your mods were high quality and I expect this one to be just awesome. So thinking about the most gifted, rude, fast or tiny players will actually be possible to recreate. :)