Will FM25 be mod-friendly?

I haven't read "real" news about FM25 almost at all. All my "facts" are from SI Forum.

It has been said that a lot of changes will come. OK.

IMO this game relies a lot on mods (graphics, leagues,...).

Will FM25 be  mod-friendly game?

Modders, do you know anything?

Devs?

I have seen nothing on this either way.

Given the strength of the modding community here and the tools SI have consistently made available for free it would be stunning to discover that editing wasn't possible - or was limited - in FM25

That would also mark the end of my FM playing days because I have never, ever, even once played a save with an unmodded version of the game.

Edited by NineCloudNine

I hear that unity is extremely easy to mod so it will be fine

16 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I have seen nothing on this either way.

Given the strength of the modding community here and the tools SI have consistently made available for free it would be stunning to discover that editing wasn't possible - or was limited - in FM25

That would also mark the end of my FM playing days because I have never, ever, even once played a save with an unmodded version of the game.

27 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

unity is extremely easy to mod

That's good to know.

What I have heard is that the only big change is Unity.

And there is no hurry, yet, but... there is a lot to do with graphics, for instance.

It would be nice to have "prettier" stadiums, but what format will be used? Could that stadium editor be launched earlier than the game itself?

What format is used with kits?

Will there be any changes with mod "structure"? Like, I have wondered why there are both league rules and player data mixed in league mods. With new database updates some NOT updated league mods can't be used - though league rules haven't changed a bit. I hate that!

Player data could be separated from the league rules, but maybe this would need some dependency structure been built.

And, of course, will there be any changes with lower leagues? Or, any tools for modders to adjust tha vanilla game?

No-one has any idea either way, but it would take a significant sea-change in how SI have operated for decades for them to suddenly block off a massive part of the game.

Only thing for sure is that you're extremely unlikely to know anything on the subject prior to release.  SI aren't going to publicise all the ways you can get around the licensing they're bound to.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, forameuss said:

No-one has any idea either way, but it would take a significant sea-change in how SI have operated for decades for them to suddenly block off a massive part of the game.

Only thing for sure is that you're extremely unlikely to know anything on the subject prior to release.  SI aren't going to publicise all the ways you can get around the licensing they're bound to.

Now that you mentioned it, we used to be able to mod how the match engine work (probably placebo) and they SI just lock the file down and prevent us from modding it ever again. So we still need to see how much freedom SI allow us

Edited by Hzano123

4 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

Now that you mentioned it, we used to be able to mod how the mod engine work (probably placebo) and they SI just lock the file down and prevent us from modding it ever again. So we still need to see how much freedom SI allow us

Was that the Cheat Engine thing?  I'm not sure they locked that down, they just said that it was making absolutely zero difference - as you say, placebo - and they're never likely to recommend you using external tools regardless of what they are.

SI do offer a huge amount of freedom in how you change the game.  Some people will still say it's not enough, in certain aspects they're maybe right, but it's still a huge amount of power.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Was that the Cheat Engine thing?  I'm not sure they locked that down, they just said that it was making absolutely zero difference - as you say, placebo - and they're never likely to recommend you using external tools regardless of what they are.

SI do offer a huge amount of freedom in how you change the game.  Some people will still say it's not enough, in certain aspects they're maybe right, but it's still a huge amount of power.

It's the match engine mod make by Korean player. Not sure if posting link is ok. but essentially we used to be able to access file si match and than change parameter to make match engine to our liking. More Pass Central,.... more dribble

Edited by Hzano123

3 hours ago, forameuss said:

SI aren't going to publicise all the ways you can get around the licensing they're bound to.

That's understandable. But, us, players could even use only fantasy leagues with fantasy players, if the game AI and the match engine would be "perfect" otherwise. Do we (read: modders) get those tools?

2 hours ago, Hzano123 said:

we used to be able to mod how the match engine work

For me it would be OK, if the match engine works like a "black box". BUT, could there be any way to build a system to enable adjusting the input data?

What I mean is this - when in match there is a sliding tackle, the probability to an injury could be increased using a difficulty slider. Injuries +2. There could be a bunch of sliders in options.

This need of difficulty setup is something that has been here in Discussions many times. I think there should be one.

It would help younger and unexperienced players to get started with FM, and it would enable hard core managing for football manager "wizards". Are there tools for this?

Then, the game AI. Again, there should be difficulty setup possibilities. And, in the first place, SI should test game AI, and try to find anything that is not from IRL...

Here are a few examples, but these are more or less from lower leagues. This game wasn't made for lower leagues. Hopefully, not yet.

- Scouting and making contracts are said to be too easy.

I was the manager in English 8. or 9. tier team, but I was able to sign players (= first eleven) so, that they all had experience from the League Two or higher. So, does that reputation system etc. work?

- Budgets

I was the manager in a team that had 0 as wage budget and 0 as transfer budget. Still it had about 10 000 for scouting. I have suggested that scouting in team's smallest local area would be free of costs - like the manager would drive to the neighbor town to see that game on his/her own.

There should be a way to adjust these in the game AI. IMO. The decision, that SI will make, will also be the major factor whether I will buy FM in the future. If nothing really much better will come, then I think that these older versions are good enough for me.