'Dad!, I've Done It!'

Will-NFFC

Hello, I've only joined the forums today, but I've read some stories and have been inspired to start my own, hopefully you all like it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

2nd July 2006 - Nottingham Forest Chairman Nigel Doughty Announces New Manager - www.bbc.co.uk/football

Nigel Doughty today announced the successor to the caretaker combination of Frank Barlow and Ian McParland, little known manager Will Marker. He is rumoured to have £1,000,000 to spend in the transfer market, but with the squad as it is, not too much of that shouldn't have to be spent.

Meanwhile, outside The City Ground, the Forest fans have expressed there displeasure with the board for putting a 'nobody' in charge of the club. One disgruntled season ticket holder had this to say...

'It's the same old thing from Doughty, he forever refuses to use the money of the club to try and get success. This proves it, of course one good thing about this appointment is that Tomlinson is on a small wage compared to what others could've been, but we need someone with a proven track record, we aren't a feeder club for other team to poach managers. We're too big a club to do this.'

With Forest expected to challenge for the League One Trophy, the team need to be on top form throughout the season, and the manager must ensure that the players don't become complacent. New faces are expected at The City Ground, but not too many as Marker has been quoted as saying that he thinks the team is nearly complete for the upcoming season.

Whether Marker will be in charge for Nottingham Forest's transition into the new Brian Clough Stadium in a few years time remains to be seen, but the bookies think he'll be gone by Christmas.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

---------------------------------------------------------

'Have you heard the news?'

-

'If by news you mean your new job?'

-

'That's a yes then! Dad, I'm the Nottingham Forest manager! Dad, I've done it!'

-

'So Will, I take it they'll be some season tickets on their way to your Mother and I?'

-

'You can count on it Dad, your going to witness the best few seasons Forest have had since Brian Clough got us those two European Cups, and..'

-

'Now now son, let's not get carried away!'

-

'I know, but I can't wait to get started, I'll come and see you later this week'

----------------------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Will Marker - Football Profile - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Our new manager Will Marker didn't have the most illustrious of playing careers, which was cut short two years ago due to a knee injury he sustained in the Conference South game between his then club Weymouth and Yeading. He started his playing career with us, but didn't make any appearance in the first team, despite captaining the youth sides on numerous occasions. He then left to join local rivals Mansfield Town, making over 50 appearances in midfield, scoring 8 goals. He spent the last 7 years of his career winding down in the South with Weymouth, becoming a firm favourite with the fans in the process.

In the last two years, he has been completing his coaching badges with the aid of Premiership Club Newcastle United, as a former team-mate 'pulled a favour' to get him into the backroom staff on a non-contract basis. He says he's been waiting for the chance to get to manage the club of his dreams, and he hopes to bring success to the club in the future.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello, I've only joined the forums today, but I've read some stories and have been inspired to start my own, hopefully you all like it!

2nd July 2006 - Nottingham Forest Chairman Nigel Doughty Announces New Manager - www.bbc.co.uk/football

Nigel Doughty today announced the successor to the caretaker combination of Frank Barlow and Ian McParland, little known manager Will Marker. He is rumoured to have £1,000,000 to spend in the transfer market, but with the squad as it is, not too much of that shouldn't have to be spent.

Meanwhile, outside The City Ground, the Forest fans have expressed there displeasure with the board for putting a 'nobody' in charge of the club. One disgruntled season ticket holder had this to say...

'It's the same old thing from Doughty, he forever refuses to use the money of the club to try and get success. This proves it, of course one good thing about this appointment is that Tomlinson is on a small wage compared to what others could've been, but we need someone with a proven track record, we aren't a feeder club for other team to poach managers. We're too big a club to do this.'

With Forest expected to challenge for the League One Trophy, the team need to be on top form throughout the season, and the manager must ensure that the players don't become complacent. New faces are expected at The City Ground, but not too many as Marker has been quoted as saying that he thinks the team is nearly complete for the upcoming season.

Whether Marker will be in charge for Nottingham Forest's transition into the new Brian Clough Stadium in a few years time remains to be seen, but the bookies think he'll be gone by Christmas.

---------------------------------------------------------

'Have you heard the news?'

-

'If by news you mean your new job?'

-

'That's a yes then! Dad, I'm the Nottingham Forest manager! Dad, I've done it!'

-

'So Will, I take it they'll be some season tickets on their way to your Mother and I?'

-

'You can count on it Dad, your going to witness the best few seasons Forest have had since Brian Clough got us those two European Cups, and..'

-

'Now now son, let's not get carried away!'

-

'I know, but I can't wait to get started, I'll come and see you later this week'

----------------------------------------------------------

Will Marker - Football Profile - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Our new manager Will Marker didn't have the most illustrious of playing careers, which was cut short two years ago due to a knee injury he sustained in the Conference South game between his then club Weymouth and Yeading. He started his playing career with us, but didn't make any appearance in the first team, despite captaining the youth sides on numerous occasions. He then left to join local rivals Mansfield Town, making over 50 appearances in midfield, scoring 8 goals. He spent the last 7 years of his career winding down in the South with Weymouth, becoming a firm favourite with the fans in the process.

In the last two years, he has been completing his coaching badges with the aid of Premiership Club Newcastle United, as a former team-mate 'pulled a favour' to get him into the backroom staff on a non-contract basis. He says he's been waiting for the chance to get to manage the club of his dreams, and he hopes to bring success to the club in the future.

'Will, we've had a call from Dave Jones...'

-

'The Cardiff boss?'

-

'Yeh, he wants to know about Wes Morgan'

-

'What does he want to know?'

-

'Whether they can sign him...'

-

'Sign him? I don't think so, I know the matter is down to you in the end, but he's going to be an integral part of the squad for me, I want to keep him'

-

'Good news then, that's what I thought you'd say, I've promptly told them that Wes is staying here. Have you seen any players that you want me to try and get in for negotiations?'

-

'Well this might not go down well now, but Paul Parry's agent has contacted me, saying he wants to leave and has urged me to put in a word with you. The problem now, he's at Cardiff...'

-

'It's not a problem Will, me and Peter are good friends, I'll see what I can do'

-

'Good stuff Nigel, give me a ring when something is getting sorted'

I was happy with Nigel deciding to reject Cardiff's approach for Wes, he has a lot of similarities to Forest legend Des Walker. He's strong, he's big, and he does his job. That's the advantage of being a Forest fan, I know what these players can do already, and I know Wes is a huge asset to this team.

Forest Target Wigan Starlet - www.skysports.com

Forest manager Will Marker has identified someone who could be his first signing as Forest manager, Tomasz Cywka. The 18 year old Polish under 21 international is a target for The Red's boss on a season long loan. He thinks that flair will be important to keep the fans coming through the turnstyles, and plans to win with style.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Teddy Sheringham? It's Will Marker here, Nottingham Forest manager'

-

'Ah, long time since I've been to The City Ground, I hear things are looking up these days'

-

'Well I'd certainly like to think so. Anyway, we've enquired about your availability, and had an offer accepted for you. What do you think about the prospect of returning?'

-

'I'll have to think about it, I don't really want to have to drop two leagues in order to get first-team action'

-

'I completely understand Teddy, but think of it this way. If you come here, you could be the one to get us back into the big time.'

-

'It does sound tempting, but I'll have to think about and get back to you by the end of the week. Is that OK?'

-

'Sure thing Ted, hopefully we can work something out, come and have a look at the training facilities, they've changed a lot since you were last here, hows about Friday?

-

'I'll have to ask the club...'

-

'Don't worry, we've got permission for that too, see you on Friday'

-------------------------------------------

I was very pleased with how the conversation went, at first he didn't sound to enthuisiastic, but he soon turned around. If we can get him to sign a deal with us, it'll be a great signing.

'Hello?'

-

'Hey Will, its Emma'

-

'Hey darling, can you ring me back in an hour? I'm pretty busy as you can imagine..'

-

'Love, it's quite urgent'

-

'OK, what is it?'

-

'It's your Dad'

-

'What about him? Is he there? Tell him I'll be home in a couple...'

-

'No Will, he's in hospital, he's had a heart attack'

-

'S***, Queens Medical Centre?'

-

'Yeh'

-

'I'll be there as soon as I can'

'How bad is he?'

-

'Well sir, I'm afraid to say it's very bad, he might not see out the end of the night'

-

'No, no. Is there anything at all you can do?'

-

'I'm afraid not, he is fading, his heart is failing, there's nothing we can do at this stage.'

------------------------------------------

Sure enough, my father passed away, Friday 7th July. It was a sad moment as you can imagine, I was lost, he'd been my strength throughout my career. And he was happier than anyone for me to get the job of both our dreams. I remember when he used to bring me down to The City Ground, back when I was a boy, and when he used to travel to each Weymouth game from Nottingham just to see me play for 90 minutes. Those days are gone.

------------------------------------------

'Will, I've heard about your loss, you can have the rest of the weekend off.'

-

'Thanks Nigel, but I'm coming in, I'm doing the job I've been given. It's what he would've wanted me to do, he was a die hard fan, as I am.

-

'I appreciate that Will, but I really think you should take at least a day off.'

-

'Nigel I can't, we still don't have an Assistant Manager. I know my father would want me to carry on, he'll be looking down on me, I'm coming in tomorrow.'

-

'OK Will, if there's anything I can help you with, you know my number'

Forest Appoint Old Boy As Assistant Manager - www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk

Fans favourite Paul Hart - who had a reasonably good spell as manager a few years ago - has made his return to The City Ground to become the assistant manager to Will Marker. Marker is said to be delighted at securing the services of such an experienced man, who will no doubt help the manager through the difficult stages of the first few weeks in management.

Paul Hart is famous for bringing so many youth academy products into the first team, and getting them to perform, before they eventually went on to bigger and better things. Such names include David Prutton, Jermaine Jenas, Michael Dawson, Marlon Harewood and Andy Reid to name but a few. Hopefully he can bring some more through, with Lewis McGugan looking a great prospect for the future.

'There's no doubt there's a lot of talent here already.'Said Hart, 'And I hope to help Will bring that talent through. We're not a selling club any more like we once were under my tenure, so anyone who comes through the academy and performs, will stay here for as long as they want to.'

----------------------------------------

'Nigel, its Will, I need a favour...'

-

'Go for it Will, what's the problem.'

-

'Well, my Dad's funeral is on a week on Monday, and that's the day of our second pre-season game.'

-

'No problem Will, I understand it's a hard time, take the day off, Paul can take control of that game.'

-

'Cheers Nigel, I appreciate it.'

-----------------------------------------

I was happy that Mr. Doughty had let me have the day off, especially as he is under so much pressure following my appointment. Of course I didn't want to miss the game, but I had to, and thankfully, he understood that. And I'm sure my Dad, whereever he is, understands too.

'Will, it's Nigel'

-

'Hello Nige, what's up?

-

'Two things, good and bad'

-

'Well whats the bad thing?'

-

'Tomasz says he won't drop two divisions for first team football'

-

'Cywka?'

-

'Yes, so I take we should stop our interest in him?'

-

'Certainly, if he doesn't want to be part of the squad, what's the point. What's the good news?'

-

'Well are you near a computer? I have somewhere to go.'

-

'Err, yeh...'

-

'Good news, look on our website. See you tomorrow.'

-

'Tomorrow? OK, bye'

--------------------------------------

Teddy Sheringham Makes Emotional Return To 'The Club He Owes So Much' - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

At 40 years of age, Teddy Sheringam has no thoughts about hanging up his boots. So much so, that he has signed with the club that brought him to the big time some 14 years ago. Today he was taken around the training ground by club officials, and Will Marker. And he was immediately impressed with what he saw. So much so, that he took a 50% pay cut to join the club. He will be officially unveiled as a Forest player on Saturday morning at 12 noon at The City Ground, with Chairman Nigel Doughty and manager Will Tomlinson by his side.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

--------------------------------------

I was extremely happy with Teddy, our chat seemed to have done the job, and surely the fans will realise that we have ambition as a club. Despite his age, Teddy is a big name in the footballing world, having got over 50 caps for England. He should be a big player for us, we now have 5 strikers, we shouldn't need any more unless we get injuries, in which case we can use some loan deals.

Forest Show Off Sheringham - www.bbc.co.uk/football

A proud Will Marker showed off his first signing as a manager, with experienced striker Teddy Sheringham sitting to his left. Sheringham has been signed from Premiership team West Ham United for £120,000 and will make his first appearance in his second spell as a Forest player tomorrow away at Grimsby on the east coast. Sheringham seemed happy to be back at the club that helped him increase his reputation, after they signed him from Millwall in the early 90s.

'I'm overjoyed to be back at Forest, they gave me so much earlier in my career, and I think its about time to repay the club and the fans. It's strange knowing that a lot of the fans that will come to see me play, won't remember my last spell at Forest, and some may not have even been born then! But I hope that - despite my age - I can help kickstart us into the Championship, and then into the Premiership. We've some good players here, the likes of Neil Lennon, Kris Commons, and Arron Davies all have the ability to play in a higher league, and a higher league is where I'm sure they'll all be performing next season. In a red shirt.

Nigel Doughty had a beaming smile on his face, surely thinking that the fans will now rest after expressing such dissappointment with the choice of new manager. A good start to the season would definitly mean the fans would have to give Marker some more time. And if there are any more signings with the reputation of Sheringham, the fans will surely see the brighter side of Marker's appointment.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forest Start Off Pre Season With High Scoring Game At Blundell Park - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Forest and Grimsby played out a wonderful 3-3 draw at Blundell Park last night, Forest having to come back on 2 occasions to level it up. Teddy Sheringham made a great start with his new club, scoring from 25 yards with a shot along the floor after 11 minutes. Grimsby's Tony Thorpe then showed that he could deo better, hitting the top corner from 25 yards to level the game 10 minutes after going behind. He scored again on 32 minutes, slotting past Paul Smith after being put through the defence.

Matt Bloomer gave Forest the equaliser 20 minutes into the second half with an unlucky own goal. The game looked destined to stay at 2-2, until Andy Taylor brought the ball past Paul Smith in the Forest goal, only for the 'keeper to bring him down. The referee somewhat harshly showed Smith the red card, meaning Paddy Gamble had to come on for Nathan Tyson to go in goal for the penalty. He went the right way, but the power from Simon Grand was too much, and it was 3-2 as the game progressed into injury time.

Grimsby fans were hailing a great victory, until Arron Davies made a run down the right hand side. He delivered a wonderful ball into the area, which confused the Grimsby goalie Phil Barnes, who came way off his line. He missed the ball, which landed at substitute Junior Agogo's feet, he comfortably dribbled the ball into the goal to end the game at 3-3.

We certainly haven't learnt too much about the team today, apart from that both defences today were pretty poor. We showed great character to come back in injury time, and that's something we'll need throughout this season, it isn't going to be as easy as everyone expects.'

'It was brilliant to finally see Teddy in a Forest shirt, he left the club just as I joined the academy, so until this week, I'd never met him. My Dad and I used to watch him each week, and I'm sure that any fans from those days, will be overjoyed to see him back where he belongs.'

Forest's next pre-season game is away at Gay Meadow against Shrewsbury Town. Paul Hart will find himself in charge of the team for that game, something which may find strange after his sacking over 3 years ago, because Will Marker has been allowed time off to attend the funeral of his late father.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'So Paul, how do you think I'm doing so far?'

-

'Well Will, you're doing alright, although we can't really judge until we get a few weeks into the season.'

-

'True, true. You know you're here to advise me Paul, so if there's any transfer targets, blurt them out.'

-

'I had been thinking about that. Matt Jansen is unattached at the moment, how's about we invite him down for a trial for a couple of weeks?'

-

'Sure thing, I'm pretty sure that he'll be snapped up soon, so it's best we get a look at him. Give him a ring for me if you can Paul? Use him against Shrewsbury next week.'

Spurs' Forecast Move - www.tottenhamhotspur.com

Reserve team goalkeeper Tommy Forecast has today joined Nottingham Forest on a season long loan, most probably to cover for Paul Smith. He hasn't made a senior appearance for us yet, but the 19 year old hopes to get some first team action under his belt at Forest.

I'm under no illusions, I'm not going to be first choice in Nottingham, but Will (Marker) has assured me I'll get some matches, and I'm really looking forward to it. There's some great facilities there, and I know that I'm going to develop as a player over the next year.'

Tommy Forecast joins former Tottenham player Teddy Sheringham at The City Ground, after he was signed from West Ham last week.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Hola?'

-

'Er, hola, Will Marker here, Nottingham Forest manager...'

-

'Ah, Señor Marker, hello, we talk about contract yes?'

-

'Yes Jose, contract. I take it you want to join us now you've seen the attractions of the club'

-

'Yes, certainly, the Señoritas outside the shop were good yes?'

-

'Err, I meant... Ah never mind. You coming to sign the contract tomorrow?'

-

'Yes Señor, I see you tomorrow, make sure you bring those lovely Señorita's eh?'

-

'Err, yes Jose, speak tomorrow.'

I was pleased that Jose Luis Sierra had chosen to join the club, he's 37 and always wanted to play in England, although I'm still unsure if he knows that he's going to be plying his trade in the third tier. He seems to be more concerned with the 'Señoritas' in Nottingham. I'm sure with the money we're paying him, he'll get himself plenty of ladies around here.

Tomlinson Claims To Have Completed The Jigsaw - www.skysports.com

Forest today completed the signings of former Chilean international Jose Luis Sierra from Union Espanola for £20,000 and Paul Parry from Cardiff for just under £300,000. Sierra has won 53 caps in his international career for Chile, before retiring from international football two years ago. Paul Parry - who can play on either wing - is at the other end of his international career, the 25 year old winger needs one more cap to reach 10 caps for Wales, he has scored one international goal.

'We're delighted to be signing two players of great quality today, they have completed the jigsaw for our quest for promotion in my opinion. I won't be going after any more senior players unless a good bargain comes along.' Said Marker at the press conference.

The fans are slowly but surely advocating some time for Marker to manage the club with the support of the spectators, as these signings seem very inspired. Sierra and Parry have joined Teddy Sheringham and Tommy Forecast, with Matt Jansen widely expected to complete a deal following a successful trial with the club.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Will, its Harty, how are you?

-

'I suppose as good as a guy can be after his dad's funeral, how did the game go? Sorry I couldn't make it to watch.'

-

'It'll all be alright Will. But as far as the match goes, we played well, but couldn't score. 0-0 in the end.'

-

'I suppose it could've been worse, any good performers?'

-

'Well Julian played well at left back, Locky played well in midfield and Grant had a decent game up front. Paul did get an injury though, bad news on that front, he's going to miss the rest of pre season.'

-

'OK, I'll be there tomorrow, we'll chat then.'

------------------------------------

The funeral went OK, as good as they can go I suppose. Good to hear we didn't lose! Although at least if we did, it wouldn't have been my fault, poor Paul would've got all the stick (again!). Anyway, we'll prepare for the game against Burton next week, we'll give Tommy Forecase his debut, and hopefully we can get a win before we face Derby in the first Brian Clough Trophy match.

Nice start Mr Marker, or is that Mr Tomlinson...? Split personalities ruling the roost at the City Ground it seems icon_wink.gif

Can't help feeling that Matty Jnasen might be a bit of overkill if you have 5 strikers already, but then again he's my all time favourite Rover so I won't be complaining icon_wink.gif

my name is Tomlinson yes, but I changed my name when my mum got re-married. So i tried to use my old name (Marker) for the story, but keep forgetting and putting Tomlinson in instead! icon_rolleyes.gif

But thanks for the nice comments lads! icon_cool.gif

after mini deliberation, I've decided to continue the story with the name Tomlinson. Just a little easier for me to remember to put my own name now than as it was 12 months ago! Sorry for any confusion caused!

PS. Back with an update later tonight!

Well, back to management I come, and we prepare to play our feeder club Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium. Obviously, it's great to finally meet Nigel Clough, someone who I have the upmost respect for, his father was one of the best managers the English game has ever seen, and he himself was a fine, fine player. I'm sure he will be managing in the higher leagues one day.

-------------------------------------

'Nigel, cheers for the friendly, I'll be sending some players to you soonish.'

-

'No problems Will, we'll give you a run for your money next time! By the way, I'm sorry for your recent loss, I know exactly how you feel and it's not the easiest of situations.'

-

'Appreciate it Nigel. I do think 6-0 was a little harsh though, we didn't have too many chances, we were just clinical, good signs I suppose'

-

'Yeh, completely agree, we'll try to get a shot on target next time as well!'

-

'Hehe, well you personally didn't play too badly today, fancy coming along for a trial?!'

-

'I'll give that one a miss I think Will! That Arron Davies seems a class act, fancy loaning him to us?'

-

'Bit cheeky there Nigel! I'll be on the phone with some players to offer, see you later.'

-------------------------------------

Forest Hit Clough's Burton For Six - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Forest manager Will Tomlinson returned to the dugout this evening and got a fine response from his players. Arron Davies and Nathan Tyson scored two each, with Kris Commons and substitute Teddy Sheringham getting the other two. Tommy Forecast made his debut in goal, and Lewis McGugan made an appearance in midfield alongside Chris Cohen.

'I'm very happy with today's performance, 6 shots on target, 6 goals, you don't get much better than that. That's the sort of clinical finishing we'll need to show all season to get us promotion.'

Next up for The Reds is fierce rivals Derby County at The City Ground in the first Brian Clough Trophy match. Despite the match officially being a 'friendly', the fans will be sure to get behind the club in order to get a morale boosting victory over their local rivals in the run up to the start of the season. Both teams are expected to field full strength teams, in order to create a good game worthy of the best manager both clubs have ever been under the tenure of.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Got a bit lucky eh Tommy boy?'

-

'F*** off Billy'

-

'Woah, touched a nerve there, calm down mate!'

-

'Can you not detect sarcasm Billy?'

-

'Haha, obviously not.'

-

'Time to learn anyway, this game has to become a regular occurence just for the man upstairs. Decent game don't you think?'

-

'Aye, shame that you're not in the same league as us, need this local match more often.'

-

'Just wait and see Bill, we'll be with you next season. And before you say 'we won't be in The Championship next season', don't even think about promotion!'

-

'Well we'll wait and see eh laddie? Have a decent season. Nothin' better than decent though, don't want to be upstaged like.'

I was surprised to discover that Billy actually thought I was being sarcastic, I was genuinely annoyed that we failed to win the game. 1-1 was probably a fair result in the end. Billy's a nice bloke, shame he manages such a bad club! I do hope they don't get promotion, not just because of the rivalry, but because I'd love to do the double over them next season. But we have a job to do this season first.

Forest And Derby Play Out Good Draw - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

East Midlands rivals Forest and Derby ended up as joint champions of The Brian Clough Trophy, with the captains of both clubs holding a handle each of the trophy at the end of the game, in a fine moment proving that the fiercest of rivalries can be put aside momentarily to think of Brian Clough and thank of what he did for both clubs. Junior Agogo gave Forest a second half lead after coming on for Teddy Sheringham at half time, only for Steve Howard of Derby County to level the game in injury time, Forest fans will no doubt be gutted as they had most of the game, but to draw with a team in a higher league is always a good result really.

'It was a great game, a fine spectacle in memory of a fine man. This game will be played at least once a season, more so if the teams are in the same league, which we aim to be next season. Junior (Agogo) played a great game off the bench today, and has certainly given me something to think about ahead of the first match against Carlisle next weekend. Generally, I'm happy with the performance of the lads in a game which was both physically and mentally tough.'

Forest have been made 7-1 outsiders for the League One title, a bet which seems very good value for a club that seems to be going places. In other Forest news, Matt Jansen today signed a permanent contract after impressing on trial, and Reading youngster James Henry joined the club on a season long loan. The right winger - who can also play in the middle - will provide cover for Arron Davies, should he not recover from the slight knock he sustained in this evening's match.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Cloughy, it's Will, I've got some players for you...'

-

'Go for it, we're a bit short on numbers at the moment, anyone will do. Arron Davies by any chance?!'

-

''Fraid not Nige, how about Felix Bastians, Robert Hughes and Vincent Fernandez?'

-

'That's great, you sure they all want to come?'

-

'Pretty sure, we'll finalise it later this week, have a good season Nigel, get yourself into the proper leagues!'

-

'We'll all do our best!'

---------------------------------------

Reasonably happy with my business so far this week, I rang up Steve Coppell, thanking him for letting winger James Henry join us, and also for another reason...

---------------------------------------

'Steve, it's Will here, how's it going down there?'

-

'You mean up here, we're in Sweden at the moment, you know, pre-season tours and everything'.

-

'Still, won't be as wet and windy as it is here!'

-

'No, your right there, that's for sure!'

-

'Anyway, more to the point, Alex Pearce, on loan at Northampton, what do you see his future at the club like?'

-

'Well he's a good player, 17, he can do a job here later in his career, no doubt. Why do you ask?'

-

'A transfer deal perhaps?'

-

'I'll have to speak to him about it, if he wants to leave, he can. I'm not one for keeping unhappy players.'

-

'OK, when you speak to him, ask him to call me, we can try to get something sorted.'

-

'By the way, you do know that he won't be able to come 'til next season, we can't recall him from Northampton.'

-

'Figured that was the case. Expected that news, not good, but we still are interested, we'll try to wrap something up. I'll get Nigel to call John later today. Cheers again.'

-----------------------------------------

Again I was pleased with my work, Alex Pearce definitly has a lot to offer to the footballing world, and to get him in as a long-term replacement for Ian Breckin, and for only around £50,000, is a wonderful signing on our part.

Nottingham Forest Squad For 2006/07 Season

Goalkeepers

Paul Smith

Tommy Forecast - On Loan From Tottenham Hotspur

Defenders

Luke Chambers

Kelvin Wilson

Julian Bennett

Ian Breckin

Wes Morgan

Matt Lockwood

Midfielder

Neil Lennon

James Perch

Sammy Clingan

James Henry - On Loan From Reading

Paul Parry - Signed From Cardiff For £275,000

Arron Davies

Chris Cohen

Kris Commons

Jose Luis Sierra - Signed From Union Espanola For £20,000

Strikers

Matt Jansen - Free Transfer

Teddy Sheringham - Signed From West Ham For £120,000

Junior Agogo

Grant Holt

Nathan Tyson

Scott Dobie

Carlisle Peg Forest Back Twice - www.bbc.co.uk/football

A perfect start for new manager Will Tomlinson looked on the cards, when Junior Agogo twice gave his Forest side the lead at home against Carlisle. Only for Karl Hawley and Johann Smith to score equalisers for Carlisle, the second of which, coming in second half injury time.

Forest had much the better of the game, especially when the forced introduction of Ghanaian international Agogo - coming on for the injured Teddy Sheringham - sparked the game into life. He marked his debut with a fine individual performance, showing why he was on the verges of going to last summers World Cup in Germany.

'I feel we were very unlucky today, we put in a great performances and tried to give the gaffer his debut victory he so deserves after what he's gone through, sadly, it wasn't to be.' Said Agogo at the post-match press conference.

Forest travel to Merseyside to face Tranmere in mid-week, the second of 3 games in a week, looking for Tomlinson's first managerial victory.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old Boy Haunts Reds - www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk

Gareth Taylor returned to haunt Forest fans with a brace for Tranmere Rovers, as Tomlinson's side again failed to win. Injury again was the enemy of Tomlinson, this time taking Junior Agogo from the team in the first half, forcing Grant Holt to come on after half an hour. Tomlinson tried to change the flow of the game, but today wasn't his day, and the bounce always fell Tranmere's way.

Fans no doubt will be getting restless with Tomlinson, despite only having two games in charge. The side must win a game soon or Tomlinson may become the first manager to be sacked this season, something which he doesn't want to happen, especially at the club of his dreams.

He has made some great signings, but so far they have not delivered, nor have the players already at The City Ground. Things must change before Tomlinson gains more fans calling for his head than he already has.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomlinson Gets First Win Against Unlucky Blackpool - www.skysports.com

Blackpool had a lot of the game at The City Ground this afternoon, but an inspirational Paul Smith helped Forest to their first win of the season. Chilean playmaker Jose Luis Sierra scored his first goal in English football with a deflected effort from the edge of the area, while his goalkeeper preserved the lead for the team.

Blackpool had taken the lead early in the second half, after Paul Smith parried the ball straight into the path of striker Kiegan Parker, but the linesman put up his flag as Parker was off-side.

'Today, I admit, we were lucky. But it's about time we got a bit of luck, as we had most of the game against Tranmere yet lost 2-0. We are missing our strikers, both Teddy (Sheringham) and Junior (Agogo) are injured, and we need to get them both back as soon as we can. I think that debutant Adam Newbold had a fine game after coming on at half time. For a 16 year old to make his debut in front of nearly 20,000 people, isn't easy, but he played very well as he gradually got into the game. He might be starting in the Carling Cup if he can keep his fitness.'

Forest now find themselves in 12th position with 4 points from 3 games, a win against Scunthorpe next weekend is imperative in order to try and get some winning feeling into the team on a regular basis.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Will, it's Nigel, how are you?'

-

'I'm not too bad thanks boss, you?'

-

'Not too shabby either. I know it's early in the season, but we do need to try and look a bit more convincing on the pitch Will'.

-

'Completely agree, as soon as we can get a rhythm up front, we'll be find, at the moment we've got to ride our luck a bit I feel. Things will get better though, count on it.'

-

'OK Will, you have to understand I'm under a bit of pressure from the fans, and after all, they are the people that put the money in the bank for us to keep going'

-

'I understand, we're all working hard at it on the training field, don't you worry.'

I was a little surprised at Nigel's worry over the team. After all, we'd only played 270 minutes of football so far this season, and we had been terribly unlucky for the majority of it. Maybe it's because he wants to make sure I'm not too complacent, which I definitly am not. Hopefully we can get another 3 points on the board next weekend, or at least a more confident performance.

'Hey, Señor Tomlinson'

-

'Hello José, how are you finding Nottingham?'

-

'Ah, Señor, it's great, I saw those lovely señoritas last night eh, everybody likes a bit of José! They professional no?'

-

'José, too much information..'

-

'Ah? Boss, I only understand English I speak no?'

-

'OK José, how about we get you and English teacher?'

-

'Teacher? Eh, like, school?'

-

'Si José, school. Is that OK?'

-

'Muy bien Señor Tomlinson, muy bien!'

----------------------------------

The thing about José, he'll always brighten your day up. The fact that he tries so hard to get his point across, is a great thing about him. He get's along with everyone, he might not understand what things mean yet, but he certainly tries! He seems much more chirpy now he got his first goal for us, and I hope there's more to come from him, the youngsters can certainly learn a lot from him.

Forest Again Falter As Sharp Scores Two - www.bbc.co.uk/football

Billy Sharp scored twice as Steve Foster added a third, whereas Forest could only muster up the one goal through Grant Holt. 3-1 The final score to the home side, and Forest still haven't looked effective in the four competitive games that new manager Will Tomlinson has taken charge of.

Tomlinson was unavailable to comment as he had to rush away for a 'family emergency', no one else commented for Forest after the game.

Next up for Forest is the Carling Cup tie away at Chesterfield, followed by a home league game against Brighton on the Saturday.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Will, it's Bruce'

-

'Hey Bruce, how's it hangin'?'

-

'Not too good I'm afraid, you need to get to City Hospital ASAP'

-

'What? Why?'

-

'It's Emma, she's been in a car crash'

-

'You're kidding me?!! How is she? Is it serious?'

-

'It's not serious, but she's in a bad way, just get here quickly.'

Getting the call from Emma's brother Bruce meant I had to miss the press conference after the game, which wasn't a bad thing to be honest. This year so far has been a bad year, what with my dad, and now my fiancee, I hope she's OK, she's been my rock over the past few weeks.

'Doctor Smith, how is she?'

-

'Well Mr Tomlinson, she has a broken ankle from the impact of the crash, and some cuts and bruises caused by the glass breaking in the windscreen.'

-

'Well I suppose it's decent news considering, how fast did the police say the other car was going?'

-

'Mr Tomlinson, I'm afraid it wasn't the other car that caused this accident...'

-

'What do you mean? She's not a wreckless driver'

-

'She was on the wrong side of the road, according to witnesses, attempting to overtake a slow moving vehicle.'

-

'Oh, OK, how fast?'

-

'We don't know exactly, but we know it was pretty fast, you won't be seeing your car on the road again. Mr Tomlinson, she's very lucky.'

I was very surprised when the doctor told me how the crash happened, Emma never was a wreckless driver. And now she might not have her license back when she gets out of hospital. At least she was OK though, that's the most important thing.

Forest Second String Beat Chesterfield On Penalties - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Grant Smith of Chesterfield missed the penalty that sent Chesterfield crashing in the Carling Cup first round at Saltergate this evening. It was Paul Parry who gave his side the lead on his debut for Forest, but Chesterfield's Alan O'Hare equalised just after the kick-off.

Forest had numerous chances to score the winner in normal and extra time, but they just couldn't finish Chesterfield off. The penalty shoot-out started badly for Forest, with Matt Lockwood missing the first of the evening, Forest were behind in the shoot-out until Derek Niven missed for Chesterfield, and won when Grant Smith missed the 5th penalty for Chesterfield. Jose Luis Sierra, Kris Commons, Kelvin Wilson and Grant Holt were the scorers in the shoot-out for Forest.

The players showed tremendous courage tonight, we've not had the best of season so far, but the players have shown me that they have the heart to win matches, as well as the talent. Hopefully the talent will shine through very soon as well as the heart. We want to go far in this tournament, and we believe we can do so.

The draw for the next round is at the beginning of the weekend, and Forest must await to find out who they get.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Emma darling, how are you feeling?'

-

'I'm as good as I can be I suppose'

-

'The doctors say you can come home tomorrow, I'm taking the day off to help you get back into the swing of things.'

-

'That's good news, I don't see enough of you these days'

-

'Well it's a sacrifice we both decided to make, and I can't go back on it now.'

-

'I know, I miss our special time though.'

-

'Well I know what to do then, our next away match is at Bristol. How about you come along with us to the team hotel, and we'll go out for some dinner?'

-

'That would be great! You sure Nigel won't mind?'

-

'He knows what we're going through, he'll be alright about it. You get some sleep now, you'll be up and about in no time if you keep yourself positive.'

Forest Dispose Of Brighton - www.bbc.co.uk/football

Forest manager Will Tomlinson had his most comprehensive victory to date earlier today, as his side thrashed Brighton at The City Ground by a scoreline of 3-0. Grant Holt scored one goal, and Nathan Tyson got his first goals of the season, scoring twice in his best performance in a Forest shirt.

Tyson was all over the field, especially in the second half, as he scared the Brighton defence out of their skin, and capped his great performance with two fine goals. For the first time this season, Tomlinson's men never looked like losing, as Paul Smith had very little to do in the Forest goal.

'I'm very happy with the performance of the lads today, we looked a different team to what we have looked recently, and Nathan (Tyson) seems to have found his scoring boots. If we can keep this form up, we're going to be up top in no time.'

In other Forest news, loanee 'keeper Tommy Forecast has returned to Tottenham after an injury cut short his loan spell. As a more long-term replacement, Forest have signed Zak Jones, the 17 year old joins for an undisclosed 5 figure sum from Premiership side Blackburn Rovers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forest Can't Put Down Bristol - www.skysports.com

Nottingham Forest had many chances to win at Ashton Gate, but Bristol stood firm and held on for a 1-1 draw. Scott Murray had given the home side the lead after 40 minutes, only for Chilean Jose Luis Sierra to score with a delightful training ground move. Neil Lennon took the corner to the edge of the area, for Sierra to smash the ball into the top corner and give the 'keeper Adriano Basso no chance.

Youngster Emile Sinclair made his Forest debut, and Junior Agogo returned from injury, but neither could find a winning goal in the last ten minutes that were dominated by Forest.

'Again, it was a fine performance by the lads, and we were a little unlucky to only come away with the point. We've turned a corner in the past two weeks, and we're beginning to show what we can do. We have to push on now, and get some more points on the board quickly.'

In other news, Nathan Tyson is likely to be out until the end of the month after he picked up an ankle injury in the warm up before the game today. It's bad news for Forest, as Tyson is the spearhead of the attack now Sheringham is injured, and he has also just found his scoring boots.

Holt On Song As Forest Continue Good Form - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Grant Holt scored twice as Forest continued their unbeaten run at home and moved up to 9th position in the league. His first goal was after some marvellous work by Arron Davies, as he skinned two defenders before delivering a pinpoint low cross, Holt only having to tap into the open goal.

His second goal came after half time, substitute Emile Sinclair using his pace to great advantage, beating a defender to the ball before drilling in the cross straight to Holt, who scored brilliantly. Emile Sinclair has been a bright spark so far this season, lighting up the matches he has been involved in...

'I'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground, I've had a great start to my career, being at a club like Forest is an honour, and all I want to do is repay the faith they've shown in me by creating and scoring goals.' Said Sinclair after the match. If he continues to play like this, it won't be long before he gets his first senior goal.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Emma? I'm home!'

-

'What are you doing home at this time?'

-

'Well you said that we didn't spend enough time together, so here I am'

-

'That's great! Are we going out somewhere?'

-

'Well it's up to you, quiet night in, or loud night out? What do you want to do?'

-

'I don't fancy going out, I still can't walk properly.'

-

'No problems, I'll just go out to Tesco and get some food in. And before you say anything, I'm cooking.'

-

'Heaven forbid! You never cook! What are you going to do?'

-

'Wait and see, it's a surprise.'

------------------------

It was great to see Emma a little more often, I've begun to realise that the strains on managers is much more than just having the hopes of thousands of fans on your shoulders. You don't see much of your family either, and the amount of my family left seems to be getting less and less, so I'm trying to spend more time with the ones I love. One problem though, I can't cook!

Unbeaten Run Ends With Defeat To Rotherham - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

While Forest's home form is great, the away form leaves a lot to be desired. Rotherham got the better of Forest winning by 3 goals to 1. Grant Holt getting Forest's consolation goal in the 77th minute. This after Rotherham had scored 3 unanswered goals. Neil Lennon wasn't happy with the officials in the game though...

'The referee was poor today, straight away he gave that penalty to Rotherham, which they scored. That was a sign of things to come, the referee had a very bad game. From then on the momentum was with them, we tried to come back in the last 15 minutes or so, but credit to their 'keeper, he was brilliant today.'

Forest tried to make a great comeback, with more than 5 clear cut chances in the last 10 minutes, but like the captain said, Michael McGovern had a great game between the sticks, and a memorable victory for Rotherham was complete.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forest Return To Winning Ways - www.bbc.co.uk/football

Forest continued their marvellous home form by comfortable beating Yeovil. The scoreline of 1-0 doesn't fairly reflect on Forest's dominance throughout the match, where they had to deal with two injuries in the first 30 minutes. First captain Neil Lennon was brought off, and 10 minutes later top scorer Grant Holt was taken off, both may be out for a few weeks.

Jose Luis Sierra again came to the rescue for Forest, scoring the winner from 35 yards, curling the ball round the goalkeeper and into the goal. 'It is great for us, I score the goal, and, eh, we keep the three point in Nottingham no?' said Sierra after the game, obviously having practised his English speaking skills.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Extra Time Defeat For Second String - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Tranmere Rovers beat Forest for the second time this season, this time taking 120 minutes to do so. Tranmere opened up the scoring with Kevin Ellison getting his first for the club, capitalising on Paul Smith having a moment of madness when trying to claim an imaginary ball. Junior Agogo equalised in injury time in the first half, only to be taken off injured 5 minutes into the second half.

Forest's injury problems seem to be mounting up, with Grant Holt and Agogo facing spells out, along with Neil Lennon. Good news for the fans though, Scott Dobie has returned to fitness, and Teddy Sheringham may find himself on the bench for the next game against Chesterfield on saturday.

'We've been extremely unlucky with injuries so far this season, but it won't be like it all season, or at least we hope it won't. We know we can bring people in on loan if we need too, but I don't think we'll have to go that far. Said manager Tomlinson after the game.

Forest - now out of the Carling Cup - find themselves 7th in the league, 1 point out of the play-off zone.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(In the car with Emma after the game)

'Will, I've got something to tell you...'

-

'Go for it, need something to cheer me up after that match'

-

'I'm a week late Will.'

-

'Late? For what?'

-

'Late Will! My period you t***!'

-

'S***, is it mine? S***, I mean, you sure?'

-

'Of course I'm sure, I do know when I'm in pain you know, and I'm not in pain, and haven't been for 5 weeks'

-

'That's great news! Emma! We're going to be parents!'

-

'So you sure you want it?'

-

'Of course I'm sure! It's going to be great! Who are we going to tell?'

-

'No one yet, want to make sure it's all OK, I'll go see the doctor this week'

--------------------------------

The news Emma had given me sure brightened up my evening. The best news of the year so far, and I'm going to be a father. This year's been eventful so far, but maybe things are looking better!

Forest's Winless Away Run Continues - www.skysports.com

If Forest are to challenge for promotion, they simply have to better there away form. They still haven't won away from home, and although their home league form is brilliant, it won't be enough for The Reds. Chesterfield today won 1-0 and got their first win of the season to lift them off the bottom of the table.

'We had more of the game today again, anyone can see that. But we need to finish out chances, we've got a problem with that at the moment. It's not good enough. As soon as we get all our injured players back, we'll be near the top of the table'

Nathan Tyson, Teddy Sheringham, Junior Agogo, Neil Lennon, and Grant Holt all find themselves in the treatment room, which means that Forest are missing their captain, and their four first choice strikers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ten Man Vale Lose - www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk

Will Tomlinson's men beat Port Vale 1-0, despite having the majority of the game. The scoreling doesn't tell the truth in what was a game dominated by the Reds. Jose Luis Sierra continued his fine form since joining in the summer, with a well worked move, smashing his shot into the top corner from 15 yards, Luke Chambers getting the assist.

Forest find themselves back up to 8th position, still unbeaten at home, but it is their away form that continually lets them down. From a possible 18 points at home, Forest have collected 16, winning 5 and drawing 1. Whereas away from The City Ground, Forest have only collected 1 point from a possible 15.

'It's obvious, our away form is holding us back, it simply must improve. We have Huddersfield away next, and it's not going to be easy, but we have to get something out of it, it is imperative.' Said Tomlinson after the game.

Meanwhile, Arron Davies still finds himself goal-less for Forest, Tomlinson has had to use him as an emergency striker because of the injuries to Teddy Sheringham, Nathan Tyson, Grant Holt and Junior Agogo. He has gone 1,048 minutes with no goal in a Forest shirt. Better news for Forest, Teddy Sheringham made his comeback from injury in today's game, and came through unscathed.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor Away Form Continues For Reds - www.skysports.com

Huddersfield poured more misery on Nottingham Forest, as they beat them by a scoreline of 2-1. And more bad news for Forest, Teddy Sheringham will again find himself in the treatment room for at least the next week after he was substituted 15 minutes after coming on, with a neck injury.

Luke Beckett scored both goals for Huddersfield, either side of a Forest equaliser by loanee James Henry. Henry was used as a make shift striker in the second half after Sheringham had been taken off, and played brilliantly well, and was unlucky not to add to his personal tally.

Will Tomlinson was unavailable for comment after the game, but one disgruntled fan had this to say...

'Sheringham is earnin' so much money, yet he can't get himself to play a full half never mind 90 minutes. We can't win away, but at home we're great, something is wrong, but we don't know what.'

Next up for Forest is a home tie against Bournemouth.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FRIDAY

'Will, it's Nigel, the match against Bournemouth, it's been postponed'

-

'Postponed? Why?'

-

'International call-ups, baffling isn't it!'

-

'Why? What? We don't have enough Internationals in the league to merit a postponed game!'

-

'I know, I've made the complaint already Will'

-------------------------------

I was annoyed at our home game being postponed, we needed to get back to winning ways, and at the moment, Nottingham is the best place for us to do that at the moment. Now we've got to travel for the second game in a row, up to Oldham. I suppose it gives the players a rest, we should have everyone back from injury for the game, that's the only positive though.

Oldham Strike Lucky With Anichebe On Song - www.bbc.co.uk

For the majority of the game, it looked like Forest would win for the first time away from home, but Victor Anichebe had other ideas. He scored a scrappy first goal, but then a sublime 35 yarder for his second and the winner.

Nathan Tyson, on his return from injury, scored the opener, but a lucky Oldham managed to rob Forest of any points, and Forest are still looking for that elusive away victory.

'We were very close today, very unlucky also. I'll let the players know that. We deserved the three points here tonight, no doubt about it. At least now we have two home games in a row, and we didn't come out with any injuries today either.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forest Beat Bournemouth With Ease - www.skysports.com

Forest returned to winning ways today as Teddy Sheringham grabbed his first for Forest in his second spell at the club. The final score was 3-1 to the home side, a win that restores the confidence in Nottingham.

Sam Vokes had given Bournemouth the lead, as it looked like Forest's poor away form would affect them at home. But a Matt Lockwood penalty squared the game. Kris Commons scored his first of the season half way through the second half, before Teddy Sheringham added a last minute goal to get him off the mark for this season.

'It's great for the players, we haven't had much go our way so far this season, but today it finally did. It's all about the players today, they played brilliantly, and it's great to see Matt, Kris and Teddy all get off the mark for the season.'

Forest have another home game next, against 13th placed Leyton Orient.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived