Very Low Tempo

jr20101393

A lot of teams now are baiting the press when playing out from the back(e.g. Brighton) where they will hang onto the ball until the press comes, sometimes to the point where they won't attack until they're forced to. I wish this tempo was in the game, but currently the lowest tempo on 'Much Shorter' passing is still too progressive and the players are too quick to rush the ball into areas where they could lose it. I feel like the lower tempo was better in this sense in previous FM's. If this tempo was introduced, it was also allow for better ball retention when trying to see out a game or preserving players' stamina.

Posted (edited)

Would this be better represented by having a GK distribution phase of the game with potentially a separate tempo?

I've just raised a feature request: [Suggestion] Add set piece for goal kicks

In the Brighton example, you could potentially achieve this by the following:

R1, R2: Stay wide

L1, L2: Stay wide

C1, C2, B1, B2: Draw opponents

B3: Fast transition

A1: Stay forward

Edited by AndyRokit

On 05/05/2024 at 14:09, AndyRokit said:

Would this be better represented by having a GK distribution phase of the game with potentially a separate tempo?

I've just raised a feature request: [Suggestion] Add set piece for goal kicks

In the Brighton example, you could potentially achieve this by the following:

R1, R2: Stay wide

L1, L2: Stay wide

C1, C2, B1, B2: Draw opponents

B3: Fast transition

A1: Stay forward

Yeah you could add that in too. But its more than just the goal kick. I think the lowest tempo option needs to have more of an emphasis on keeping the ball and recycling it if need be. They could also just make certain positions better at retaining the ball. I played Bernardo Silva as a Winger on the right like he does for City in real life, and he gives the ball away almost every time. Same with Grealish on the left. This just doesn't happen in reality.

• 2 months later...