Just leaving this here...

Posted (edited)

Love it  :)

I'm a Swansea fan and based on what I've seen of you guys this season I recon you've got every chance of staying up.

Went to Ipswich away around a decade ago and stayed in the pub opposite the train station for the night.  Sadly my mate who I was with had to go back to London where he lived the same night.  Was going to go home too but ended up staying and made friends with a few Ipswich fans that I still keep in contact with now.

Congrats on the promotion  :thup:

edit - speaking of user names, mine comes from when I wore a monks costume on a Swans away trip to Doncaster at Halloween, its stuck ever since

Edited by Brother Ben

I hope Ipswich can stay up next season.

You'll have to make do without 6 points from your Bournemouth games though. :onmehead:

I bet you'll wanna keep Keiffer Moore. :D

On 04/05/2024 at 13:23, Ipswich Staying Up said:

I've played Championship Manager/Football Manager since tthe first itteration as a young lad and have loved every edition... When I was 15 Ipswich were promoted to the Premier League (1999/2000) and I changed my name on the forums at the time to Ipswich Staying Up... we did for one season and the next season led to 22 years of struggles and pain but ultimately faith and loyalty. Now in 2024 I'm hopeful once again that Ipswich are staying up!!!!

Football eh? Bloody hell. 

The most important thing I took from that is that these forums are 24 years old???

6 hours ago, phantombandit said:

The most important thing I took from that is that these forums are 24 years old???

Forums were the main way to interract before these new fangled days of social media that the younguns love.

This forum is one of the few that's survived the forum deaths. Probably because so many of us FM players are such old farts. :kriss:

When I was young we even chatted face to face...

1 hour ago, anagain said:

Forums were the main way to interract before these new fangled days of social media that the younguns love.

This forum is one of the few that's survived the forum deaths. Probably because so many of us FM players are such old farts. :kriss:

When I was young we even chatted face to face...

Yea, I know I was big on forums back in the day, I just didnt realize this specific one was that old. Personally I think forums are much superior to discord and the other replacements.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

On 10/05/2024 at 16:06, Brother Ben said:

Love it  :)

I'm a Swansea fan and based on what I've seen of you guys this season I recon you've got every chance of staying up.

Went to Ipswich away around a decade ago and stayed in the pub opposite the train station for the night.  Sadly my mate who I was with had to go back to London where he lived the same night.  Was going to go home too but ended up staying and made friends with a few Ipswich fans that I still keep in contact with now.

Congrats on the promotion  :thup:

edit - speaking of user names, mine comes from when I wore a monks costume on a Swans away trip to Doncaster at Halloween, its stuck ever since

Thanks for sharing your journey! It’s amazing to hear about your long-term dedication to both Championship Manager/Football Manager and Ipswich Town. The ups and downs of supporting your team are a true testament to your loyalty. Here’s to hoping Ipswich has a strong season in 2024 and finally stays up for many more to come! Do you need someone to write an essay for you? Last month, I was in a bind with a close deadline and used https://academized.com/write-my-essay Their service was a lifesaver. They provided a well-written essay, and their prices were very reasonable. If you need essay writing help, I highly recommend them.

Good luck. Happy for you.

Edit: Thanks for sharing the update.

Edited by RobertAnderson

As a Pompey fan starting at the beginning of the CM series to date then Ive had Pompey starting in game from all 4 leagues. Now we are back to Tier 2 where CM/FM started. It would be interesting to see the clubs in all 4 leagues when CM started!

Ahh those were the days, bobbly pitches, muddy 18 yard boxes, tighter fitting shorts, rubbish haircuts. I do love it when an original prem team comes back up.

It's always a shame to see a Leeds, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday not in the Prem. Especially when they're a 1 club city like Leeds.