3-2-5 Attacking Shape from 4-2-3-1 DM AM Wide ----- GORGEOUS football

Have anyone tried to make a cruyff diamond in buildup, using 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 as starting point? With the fm24 changes to positional play this might be easier to achieve than ever before 

2 hours ago, Falahk said:

Have anyone tried to make a cruyff diamond in buildup, using 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 as starting point? With the fm24 changes to positional play this might be easier to achieve than ever before 

I have managed to get the 3-4-3 diamond shape but it wasn't from a strict 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 shape but I'm sure you could move the AMCR to AMR as an IF-s or AP-s with sit narrower and/or overlap right team instruction.

Starting shape is this:

image.thumb.png.26863a8fa988fa1d430ea1ba70a0fd07.png

And this is how it looks in build up as a 3-4-3 diamond:

image.thumb.png.23b7d55680ad6b75a899034a6afb115a.png

Unfortunately that's the only screenshot I have of it in game as I've moved on from it due to doing a HG only save with Liverpool and havent been able to find a top ST to replace Nunez

On 03/06/2024 at 13:26, WelshMourinho said:

I think Guardiola definitely regrets not starting with Doku, but that's the beauty of hindsight. I think there's a good chance they would've got back in had Alvarez scored his chance, Doku's goal just came a bit too late, and in fairness to United they defended well in stoppage time.

I'm currently using this system.

Liverpool_Overview-14.thumb.png.d0e4e867181822fc37779c1ccf4af799.png

That's not my strongest team, but it's the tactic itself that matters. I used a fairly narrow width last season, and I found that while we kept the ball better, we didn't carve out many chances. I switched the width and while we overall have less possession, we are far more dangerous for it. Both wide men have the winger role, but pretty much any winger at the club is either left footed, or has cuts inside as a trait. I find there's a lot more variety with our attacking play than if we had them playing as either IW or IF. I'm definitely considering changing 1 or 2 of the in transition instructions, but right now I'm not certain.

For big games, especially away, I tend to change the SV to a support role, and I'll bump up the tempo from slightly lower to the default slightly higher. The thinking behind that is basically to stop the SV from bombing on as soon as we win it, but I like the faster play so we aren't dilly dallying about against teams that will feel comfortable pressing us. 

I've played around with the 2 full backs quite a bit too, my back up full backs are more attacking in nature, so I've at times used two IWB's on defend, which has been really fun to watch, especially the DLP's movement. I've also swapped the roles too, so the right back becomes the IWB and the lb becomes the IFB. The fbs especially have played a lot of different roles and duties this season lmao.

I'm still not particularly happy with the striker role. I've tried an AF, a DLF-A, and a CF, and none have proved to be as consistent as I would like. Nothing I've tried so far has seem to stick. I've thus far avoided a support role upfront because of the two wingers, but considering they also like to cut inside at times it might be worth a gander.

It's tricky to get this right. It really comes down to the players you have at your disposal and what they're capable of.

I've switched to a 4-3-3 DM Wide system, replacing the one that I originally wrote about here. Why? Well, it just fit better. And you know it's funny, because the results are basically just as good. The ideas are the same.

One issue I have is matches against Real Madrid. They always make our life miserable. But it's my fault for sticking with a possession approach in every single game :-p

13 hours ago, bababooey said:

I've switched to a 4-3-3 DM Wide system, replacing the one that I originally wrote about here. Why? Well, it just fit better. And you know it's funny, because the results are basically just as good. The ideas are the same.

Very curious about that set-up, I played with the 4231 RPM version for a season and am very satisfied with the football I see.

Posted (edited)

I’m trying to use this system in my Newcastle save. I switched from 433 to 4231 recently to improve my attacking threats. However, I often find that my wingers and strikers are not getting enough support and hence my team is not scoring. I tried to push the 2 dm up to the cm position and drop LW RW to LM RM. With this 4411, my team performs a lot better in attacking but not doing so great at defending and possession. If I make changes that ask my team to defend better and control the game more, they can’t score again… I just can’t seem to get the balance right :(

Edited by BrunosTaxi

Posted (edited)
1 hora atrás, BrunosTaxi disse:

I’m trying to use this system in my Newcastle save. I switched from 433 to 4231 recently to improve my attacking threats. However, I often find that my wingers and strikers are not getting enough support and hence my team is not scoring. I tried to push the 2 dm up to the cm position and drop LW RW to LM RM. With this 4411, my team performs a lot better in attacking but not doing so great at defending and possession. If I make changes that ask my team to defend better and control the game more, they can’t score again… I just can’t seem to get the balance right :(

Yeah, I'm trying to implement it in my Journeyman save but I have the same feeling. I'm trying to think what I could change. Maybe IF(s) with stay wider helps it a lit bit and provide more support to Advanced Forward. If you figure out something, let us know. Hehehe

Edited by dodge_10

On 04/06/2024 at 21:04, DBurns said:

I have managed to get the 3-4-3 diamond shape but it wasn't from a strict 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 shape but I'm sure you could move the AMCR to AMR as an IF-s or AP-s with sit narrower and/or overlap right team instruction.

Starting shape is this:

image.thumb.png.26863a8fa988fa1d430ea1ba70a0fd07.png

And this is how it looks in build up as a 3-4-3 diamond:

image.thumb.png.23b7d55680ad6b75a899034a6afb115a.png

Unfortunately that's the only screenshot I have of it in game as I've moved on from it due to doing a HG only save with Liverpool and havent been able to find a top ST to replace Nunez

My first draft look like this:20240612_135442.thumb.jpg.568f899c2d8c5727b1a91944a1d2669a.jpg

The idea being to use the lb as a cm in buildup, and in that way form a diamond, normally I would probably have used more pressing, shorter passing and play out of defence, but for the time being that is probably beyond the capabilities of my squad when coming up against top half prem teams (more or less the purpose of this tactic is to act as a stopgap until I have good enough players to use the crazy 3-5-2 in every match again)

On 06/06/2024 at 19:11, bababooey said:

It's tricky to get this right. It really comes down to the players you have at your disposal and what they're capable of.

One issue I have is matches against Real Madrid. They always make our life miserable. But it's my fault for sticking with a possession approach in every single game :-p

You know you have to share your 433 with us, mate

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/06/2024 at 19:11, bababooey said:

Could you share your 4-3-3 DM Wide with us, please?