FM23 Promoted teams not going to the correct league

So I downloaded a database upto level 10 (sub divisions) in England FM23 then added 8 of scottish leagues underneath them, so there was no relegation for the level 10 as it was the last leagues, so I started just letting the Scottish leagues move up the Scottish leagues then get to level 10 and obviously the relegated work their way down I had the premier league set to 4 promotion to level 10, so then I set the first 4 level 10 leagues as 1 to be relegated to go to the premier, so I expected the 4 premier teams to take the spots of the 4 relegated teams, considering they were the only leagues that had spots, but that didn’t happen, the relegated teams did go to the premier but the promoted teams went to the northern premier league 2 but im not sure where the 4 teams from that league went as 4 teams had to leave, so I then decided to set each of the scottish leagues promotion to a certain level 10 league most likely the first 8 and the relegated teams would swap, as before the relegated teams went where they were supposed to go but most of the Scottish teams went to yep the northern premier league 2, as there were more teams promoted than the league could hold the rest went to another league and most of the teams from the northern went to some other league and im assuming teams went from that league to another, I didn’t bother checking for each team it would have took forever but its just a big mess

The database was set correctly with the promotion and relegation, even when playing the game when you check each league, its all set correctly, there just not going to the right leagues, I wasn’t playing at this point I had made up a new European cup which as usual didn’t work so I had set it to start 2023 to see if it would work then, so I ran a full season on holiday, the cup still didn’t work and that’s when I noticed the wrong leagues because my team was one of the ones in the wrong league

Anyone know why this is happening, could this be because its sub division in level 10 and the Scottish teams aren’t or is it the database really just is *****