Is this 3421 technically possible?

Hi all, 

I went from the tactic in the first picture to the one in the second. The first brought me great success with good teams, but I'm looking for something more solid in a lower leagues save. I warped from 1 to 2. But as I'm testing with Real at the moment and it just doesn't seem to click. Does the shape (and roles) have a future or do I lack too much defense on my flanks?

Thanks in advance!

download.jpeg.f45da0d18fed28d6ddddfe846dd5315a.jpegdownload(1).jpeg.75ef5fedcfdddaa706c9d40f3177eb99.jpeg

2 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Hi all, 

I went from the tactic in the first picture to the one in the second. The first brought me great success with good teams, but I'm looking for something more solid in a lower leagues save. I warped from 1 to 2. But as I'm testing with Real at the moment and it just doesn't seem to click. Does the shape (and roles) have a future or do I lack too much defense on my flanks?

Thanks in advance!

download.jpeg.f45da0d18fed28d6ddddfe846dd5315a.jpegdownload(1).jpeg.75ef5fedcfdddaa706c9d40f3177eb99.jpeg

Looks nice when you have the ball but quite exposed out of possession.

I would definitely drop the wingers back to DM strata as wingbacks along with the overlap instruction as it’ll increase the wingbacks mentality slightly.

Currently running a 3421 with some good wingers turned wingbacks and they’re good for 15+ G/A while also tracking back to form a back 5 which gives some nice solidity. In your set up they won’t track back naturally unless you’re manually using Opposition instruction to press/mark the opposing  attacking winger/wingback and even that isn’t as reliable.