Question about creating club competition

Hi, I'm thinking about making a champions league style competition for the Americas, potentially going 2 or 3 levels deep to mirror what happens in Europe. This would obviously replace the existing copa liberators etc. So, for example, an Americas Champions League featuring teams from USA, Brazil, Mexico, etc.

What I'm wondering, is it easier to a) build from scratch, or b) copy the uefa competitions and then edit the duplicates? Or even, c) edit the existing South American competitions?

I am not a newb but nor am I particularly competent, but have never tried anything like this.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2024 at 13:05, st.cronin said:

Hi, I'm thinking about making a champions league style competition for the Americas, potentially going 2 or 3 levels deep to mirror what happens in Europe. This would obviously replace the existing copa liberators etc. So, for example, an Americas Champions League featuring teams from USA, Brazil, Mexico, etc.

What I'm wondering, is it easier to a) build from scratch, or b) copy the uefa competitions and then edit the duplicates? Or even, c) edit the existing South American competitions?

I am not a newb but nor am I particularly competent, but have never tried anything like this.

Thanks

Could take a look at how I merged them into the Copa Libertadores. If you know how to get at the default rules you can see how they're set up before I changed them around here