There is no inflation in the game

The game remains the same finantially all the time.

You can start with a club and make the highest sale for 100M in 2024. 10 years pass and the max sales will be again 100M. There is no change.

Also reputation from clubs is not greatly developed, if you win a champions league from a portuguese club for example, your players will still want to leave for other clubs... you were the best club, what sense does it make?

1 hour ago, Empaler said:

You can start with a club and make the highest sale for 100M in 2024. 10 years pass and the max sales will be again 100M. There is no change.

Also reputation from clubs is not greatly developed, if you win a champions league from a portuguese club for example, your players will still want to leave for other clubs... you were the best club, what sense does it make?

Remember when Porto won the Champions League in 2004? José Mourinho went to Chelsea pretty much straight after that and took Ferreira and Carvalho with him. Deco - the best player in that Porto team - went to Barcelona. They all wanted to further their careers at bigger or richer clubs who were more likely to be successful in the long run.

It's a bit like what happened when N'Golo Kanté left Leicester after they won the Premier League in 2016, and joined a Chelsea team who didn't even qualify for Europe. It turned out very well for him there.

Winning just one Champions League doesn't automatically make you the biggest club in the world. You need sustained success over a long period before you're regarded as an elite club like Real Madrid et al.

Posted (edited)
En 21/5/2024 a las 6:02, Empaler dijo:

1)  I agree with you about inflation.
The game should take a value "x" that reflects the game's own economic inflation.
When you start the game, the sum of all the money from all the clubs would be the value "Σi". And as the game progresses, the sum of the entire world economy is recalculated (a value we could call "Σ")

Then inflation would be x=Σi/Σ

The game code should add that value "x" (inflation) to the transfer prices, salaries, etc. (salary = "normal" salary * x )
In this way there would be inflation (or deflation) in the game, which would be more interesting and would prevent clubs from filling up with money as happens in long-term games.

2) 
I don't agree with what you say about reputation. In real life, if a Portuguese team wins the Champions League, the players will still want to go to Real Madrid, because winning a Champions League is not enough for Porto/Benfica to become the most important team in the world, much more is needed than that.

Edited by Señor Dan

• 2 weeks later...

One counter argument against inflation in the game is the impacts this would have on the storage of financial values. At present the game has the -2.1 billion to 2.1 billion value for the core currency (I presume £'s) in which all transactions are initially calculated. An inflation model would require changing this and it would add a substantial testing load to ensure things worked 10 years later, 20 years later etc. 

It doesn't necessarily add to immersion because on one hand it does reflect the financial model the world has now where inflation is likely to continue being a thing but it doesn't really have any context if 10 years in Championship clubs are spending £50m per player because that's the going rate. When playing the game I feel the general financial grasp is still based on what is happening in the sport at this time and even 30 years into a save you can still gauge players transfers and values based off of what you understand from todays real world football. You could end up in a situation where if you haven't kept track of the inflation yourself in save not really being able to quantify wages/transfer fees etc.

I think there definitely is inflation in the game. In my save there are a number of clubs pushing half million wage budgets. Fricking Napoli has a 300 million sponsorship. Imagine my shock getting blasted by them in the champions league after thinking it would be an easy game.