Euro 2024 on ITV

IMG_3533.jpg?fm=avif&fit=fill&w=830&h=50

Led by main presenter Mark Pougatch along with Laura Woods, ITV’s star-studded Euros squad will offer a wealth of insight, expertise and opinion from a punditry line-up of Ian Wright, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Karen Carney, Graeme Souness, Eni Aluko, Tottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou, Sheffield Wednesday manager Danny Röhl and refereeing analyst Christina Unkel.

Commentary will come from Sam Matterface, Clive Tyldesley, Seb Hutchinson, Pien Meulensteen and Joe Speight, supported by co-commentators Lee Dixon, Ally McCoist, and Andros Townsend, with Gabriel Clarke reporting from the England camp, Connie McLaughlin with the Scotland squad, and Celina Hinchcliffe rounding up the news from the tournament.

UK television coverage of the tournament kicks off on ITV1 & ITVX [plus STV & STV Player in Scotland] on June 14, with exclusive live coverage of the opening match between hosts Germany and Scotland in Munich. ITV will show England’s final Group game against Slovenia and will have picks one, two and three of the Round of 16 as well as first pick of the Semi-finals.

ITV will show what is likely to be one of the most anticipated early tournament games - the Group B match between Spain, who are among the favourites, and Italy, the holders. ITV’s Group stage coverage includes games featuring many pundits’ favourites, France [against Austria on 17 June] as well as other heavy-hitters in Portugal [v Turkey on 22 June], Croatia [v Spain on 15 June] and Belgium [v Slovakia on 17 June].

Moving into the knockout rounds, ITV will have the first three picks, plus the fifth and seventh picks from the Round of 16 ties, the second and fourth Quarter-final picks and first pick of the Semi-finals. Both ITV and the BBC will show the Final. All ITV games will be shown on ITV1, ITVX, STV and STV Player.

I imagine the comms pairing will be Matterface/Dixon, Tyldesley/McCoist and Hutchinson/Townsend, but I hope Ally is given a bit of freedom - he can even make Matterface borderline tolerable just through the strength of his own personality.

3 minutes ago, VP. said:

Big signing with Ange, who I hate to say I really like.

Thing with current managers is they usually only do the first week or two before heading off to manage pre season training.