Interaction Across Different Files

Posted (edited)

I've been on and off setting up and Ireland and Northern Ireland database for the past few months and I'm near wrapping it up. One thing I've wanted to do for the save was for a post-League competition between the two similar to the KOTI proposals here: Q&A: What are the details of the revised All Island League plan? – The Irish Times. So top 6 of each league go into combined 12 team league. An alternate take on the common league split now.

I've set it up fairly successfully in a test file but struggled when using my real files. Similar when I tried to set up an All-Island Cup that selects the 32 participants from County Cups earlier in the season. It just won't recognise the winners to set up the competition.

Now, I've spent my time looking through the editor hopelessly toggling things and reading things on here but to no avail. I've seen you can get around things like this by combining files through xml but I'd rather not go through that. I'm just reaching out to ask if there's any simple method that I'm missing through IDs or such. If not, I'll probably just release the files with limited interaction and just reworks of the individual NI and IRE structures. I'm tired of tinkering around with it at this point.

I hope I'm being clear, I'm bad at explaining things

Edited by DunneAndDusted

• 2 weeks later...

Are they created comps? "Get last winner" might not be an option in that case, but I think you could give them all fate actions for the winner like "qualify team for comp", and then use "get qualified teams" in the joint competition file

I don't understand why you specifically need to get the winners, have you tried getting all 6 teams at once? Or does getting all 6 teams at once fail to get winners because they are created comps like what @themodelcitizen said? I never did created comps though, so there might be a knowledge gap here.

First idea that came to my mind would be go to Stage Actions tab and use "Qualify Teams For Competition" and just go "Get League Stage Teams(In Final Positions), (League Name), (Stage of the league), 0, 5

Screenshot2024-06-04071304.thumb.png.8ee74b5eddf5c75028f5f26f557edf52.png

P.S. I understand what you meant, you explained well;)