Ability to add more names to the newgen name pool (.edt file or somesuch?)

I may have made a request like this previously - if so, sorry.

As good as the name generation system is, it could always be better. There are many, many names that aren't represented in the game, and often nations with a small pool of names to choose from end up generating much of the same - DR Congo is one example I can think of off the top of my head.

With that said, I'd like the option to be able to add more names to the pool, in much the same way as you could do in the old Championship Manager games, with a simple text/edt file. It's quick and easy and much more convenient than having to open the Editor to torturously add a bunch of filler players to achieve the same effect.

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2024 at 10:57, g00dman said:

I may have made a request like this previously - if so, sorry.

As good as the name generation system is, it could always be better. There are many, many names that aren't represented in the game, and often nations with a small pool of names to choose from end up generating much of the same - DR Congo is one example I can think of off the top of my head.

With that said, I'd like the option to be able to add more names to the pool, in much the same way as you could do in the old Championship Manager games, with a simple text/edt file. It's quick and easy and much more convenient than having to open the Editor to torturously add a bunch of filler players to achieve the same effect.

Singapore has a pretty limited pool of names that isn't really accurate, so this would be a great addition