Youth Intake is always bad

My youth intake looks every year just like the picture below. 0.5-1.5 stars maximum. the players have never potential above 3 stars.

This is really confusing cause as you can see i have top youth facilities and recruitment as well as very good junior coaching. My team is also very reputable as i have won the champions league. The only thing that makes sense is that Greece has a youth rating of only 94/200 (the country from my Club). 

Do you have anything to recommend? this is becoming really frustrating

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-24 180501.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-24 180542.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-24 180559.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-24 181627.png

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ROUFIANOS said:

definitely not the issue

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-05-24 184503.png

Well......he is an issue. Low reputation and Unambitious personality!

There is luck involved in a youth intake, the physical location of your club is very important as well...clubs have a catchment radius from them. Clubs near bigger clubs will see those clubs vacuum up the starlets.

For example...Brighton and Hope Albion do unique recruitment...in large part because half of their catchment radius is in the sea :D

Another example: Brentford axing their youth team entirely since their catchment radius is dominated by larger London clubs.

It also takes a period of time I believe (a few years) for the new Head of Youth Development to start to impact things. Head of Youth Development is important (particularly on personality) but I think the other factors I mention are the core drivers in getting high PA youngsters.

I'd check out this community for people who are really good at this part of the game!

Edited by Cloud9

2 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Well......he is an issue. Low reputation and Unambitious Personality!

There is luck involved in a youth intake, the physical location of your club is very important as well...clubs have a catchment radius from them. Clubs near bigger clubs will see those clubs vacuum up the starlets.

For example...Brighton and Hope Albion do unique recruitment...in large part because half of their catchment radius is in the sea :D

Another example: Brentford axing their youth team entirely since their catchment radius is dominated by larger London clubs.

I recently signed my HOYD. this is my first intake with him. ive had others with bigger reputation and a bit lower stats and the results were kinda the same.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ROUFIANOS said:

I recently signed my HOYD. this is my first intake with him. ive had others with bigger reputation and a bit lower stats and the results were kinda the same.

Sack him ASAP because of the personality. You want someone who is giving the youth Ambition, Determination, and Professionalism primarily for their development...ideally a model citizen...but I'd consider looking at Resolute/Professionalism/Perfectionist if you can't find one. The attributes on the HoYD are just as important, but unambitious is a real no go.

Again you'll want to check the factors I mentioned above and there is a great deal of luck involved as well. The HoYD is not the primary driver behind CA/PA on a youth player I believe. If you're in Greece the low nation rating of YD is an issue and will hamper the production you see. What club are you? As I mentioned, the location of your club is hugely important to your youth intakes.

Another thread which provides good insight in what to look for in a HoYD. 

Edited by Cloud9

Nothing's going wrong. Their ratings are in comparison to your top players.

You said that you have a Champions League winning team. Compared to them, your intake kids aren't likely to be great. 

It probably is largely because your catchment area is mostly Greece. There are little things you can do. Maybe improve your scouting knowledge. Get a better HoYD. Max out all your relevant facilities.

I don't think it will make much difference though. Maybe eventually Greece's dynamic reputation (if that still exists in the game) will slightly increase the chances of you getting a good player or two.

I don't think this is a bug. This is pretty much the way the game works.

I'm currently in a very different save (flying up the lower leagues and trying to improve the facilities as i go) and haven't had a intake worth signing for years. When i do the Ultimate Challenge with the top clubs in Europe, I rarely get anybody worth signing. 

The chances are that some of your intakees are potentially amongst the top Greek players and if you develop them, you might be able to cash in, but that would probably not worth the time it would take.

2 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Sack him ASAP because of the personality. You want someone who is giving the youth Ambition, Determination, and Professionalism primarily for their development...ideally a model citizen...but I'd consider looking at Resolute/Professionalism/Perfectionist if you can't find one. The attributes on the HoYD are just as important, but unambitious is a real no go.

Again you'll want to check the factors I mentioned above and there is a great deal of luck involved as well. The HoYD is not the primary driver behind CA/PA on a youth player I believe. If you're in Greece the low nation rating of YD is an issue and will hamper the production you see. What club are you? As I mentioned, the location of your club is hugely important to your youth intakes.

Another thread which provides good insight in what to look for in a HoYD. 

Thank you for your info anyway. My team is PAOK. The biggest club in my region is my club with 8500 reputation and all the massive clubs are pretty far away. I will try another HOYD again and i will tell you how it went.

3 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Nothing's going wrong. Their ratings are in comparison to your top players.

You said that you have a Champions League winning team. Compared to them, your intake kids aren't likely to be great. 

It probably is largely because your catchment area is mostly Greece. There are little things you can do. Maybe improve your scouting knowledge. Get a better HoYD. Max out all your relevant facilities.

I don't think it will make much difference though. Maybe eventually Greece's dynamic reputation (if that still exists in the game) will slightly increase the chances of you getting a good player or two.

I don't think this is a bug. This is pretty much the way the game works.

I'm currently in a very different save (flying up the lower leagues and trying to improve the facilities as i go) and haven't had a intake worth signing for years. When i do the Ultimate Challenge with the top clubs in Europe, I rarely get anybody worth signing. 

The chances are that some of your intakees are potentially amongst the top Greek players and if you develop them, you might be able to cash in, but that would probably not worth the time it would take.

That's probably what's going on sadly. I was patient all these years but now that i managed to win the UCL and reach 8500 reputation (top 14 itw) and the intake is still bad i think that there's not a lot i can do. The only confusing thing is that i saw another guy with Panathinaikos (team from same country) have a very good intake once and im yet to see a decent one.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ROUFIANOS said:

Thank you for your info anyway. My team is PAOK. The biggest club in my region is my club with 8500 reputation and all the massive clubs are pretty far away. I will try another HOYD again and i will tell you how it went.

You're on the coast which is an issue for your catchment area! It looks like a decent size population but fairly small...I think you will struggle to consistently pull strong PA youth just from your location + Greece's youth rating.

If you end up wanting to do a youth focused save (nothing beats an academy kid :)) I would extensively research the location (catchment area in a highly populated area w/out a larger club to poach + not a coastal town) and (this is key) the countries rating.

It is a long process where you need to set everything up right before starting to see results 2-3 years down the line. Again, it's still very dependent on luck.

Edited by Cloud9

8 minutes ago, ROUFIANOS said:

That's probably what's going on sadly. I was patient all these years but now that i managed to win the UCL and reach 8500 reputation (top 14 itw) and the intake is still bad i think that there's not a lot i can do. The only confusing thing is that i saw another guy with Panathinaikos (team from same country) have a very good intake once and im yet to see a decent one.

Maybe give Serbia a go if you wanted to manage outside the traditional European/South American powers? It should have a very high YD rating and is landlocked.

1 minute ago, Cloud9 said:

Maybe give Serbia a go if you wanted to manage outside the traditional European/South American powers? It should have a very high YD rating and is landlocked.

Lowkey i have signed so far like 5 good talents from Cukaricki. Serbia is indeed really good

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, ROUFIANOS said:

Lowkey i have signed so far like 5 good talents from Cukaricki. Serbia is indeed really good

Some potential options:

• Any team in Belgrade, you'll have to compete with Red Star but it's the largest population in Serbia by a mile. 
    • Železničar is just outside of Belgrade, you'd have to check the catchment area if you could skim some of Belgrades talent. There are so many people in Belgrade that this might be the best option for a long term approach if you can escape the big boys nets. Not sure what the catchment area radius is.
  • You could go also go with FK Vojvodina, located in Novi Sad second largest city in the nation (300kish population). 
  • City of Nis has a decent population size as well. 
Edited by Cloud9

Yould try out Mods that influence the youth development like Daveincids increase realism mod:

If it would help you i dont know, you would need to try it out - the new version will be released in about 2 weeks for free and is currently available at patreon for a small fee.

But be warned that the new version will be more difficult as it increases the challenge in the team management area with players more fickle and motivated to argue with you - the currently for free version comes without that and is thus easier to manage.

There some things here, regarding Youth Quality.

Nation Factors

- Game Importance
- FA Financial Power
- Economic Factor
- State of Development
- Youth Rating

Club Factors

- Youth Facilities
- Youth Coaches
- Youth Recruitment
- Youth Importance

Other Factors

- League Reputation
- Club Reputation
- Head of Youth Development Ability (HoYD)
- HoYD & Youth Coach Personality
- HoYD Preferred Formation

====

HoYD is just a slice of a pizza, but not the whole pizza. Unambitious personality is negative.

Despite having everything at max, from your side, like club factors and other factors; there some elements in nation factors which you can't influence.

And of course, having everything max out (nation, club, other factors), does not mean you will generate superstars every year.

For HoYD, I am always look for:

Model Citizen
Model Professional
Professional
Resolute

with Media Handling Style:

Evasive
Unflappable
Reserved

Your other youth staff, playing their role as well.

All my staff (senior & youth) having those personalities and media handling style in order to avoid such things as much as possible.

The results of Youth Intakes will start to kick in in few years and not immediately.

It's long term project after all.

Like Konstantelias took many years to become what it is now for Paok in real life.