Why is this scouting focus returning so few results?

Hey folks, I was wondering whether you might be able to help me out with a little scouting problem.

I'm not sure whether I've misunderstood how scouting works in FM24, but I'm struggling to understand why this recruitment focus would be delivering so few results.

I've assigned a scout with a very good knowledge of the region, and the minimum CA/PAs don't seem particularly high to me. I'm only in my second season, so I know for a fact there will be plenty of players in the game, in the UK, with a better than 2.5 PA

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a particular reason why this focus might have only brought up one recommendation (from Sunderland - no offence Sunderland fans), when the academies of the top Premier League sides must be chucking out some pretty highly-rated prospects?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

Screenshot2024-05-25at11_30_21.png.ed515e70e3859354e18f46f8be14cb6f.png

Posted (edited)

Essentially, the focuses don't return players who don't have transfer interest.

When it comes to U18s, since most of them have no transfer interest until they turn 18, your focus won't return anything. 

It is very stupid, and I don't know why they changed this and especially why they didn't tell anybody, but it caused a stir in the bugs forum. It's supposedly to stop the user from hoarding wonderkids. 

You're better off just manually scouting the U18s of whatever teams you want. Very tedious. Really great decision by SI here. 

Here's the mega-thread on the bugs report forum where the users descend into madness until it is finally clarified by the devs: 

Edited by DavutOzkan