Guest players?

Bentfi

I am trying to modify a cup so it resembles how it is in real life more, the squad selection rules of the cup is as such:

1. Registration rules are the same as league

2. 6 extra players are exempt from registration

The first one is easy, but trying to get 6 extra players while using league registration is very difficult.

I came upon this thing called guest players and thought it would perfectly fit what I want to do, however, even if I set it up like this:

1. Maximum Guest players in a season = 6

Screenshot2024-05-26043705.thumb.png.7c209e7307fc16f887eba2d0d89d020c.png

2. Squad selection eligibility guest contract players always eligible

Screenshot2024-05-26044115.thumb.png.2a6dea8f16a07406a5498c179a94f69d.png

The little text about guest players are exempt doesn't show up in registration window when I set up a save and I can't provide guest player contract to players like A-league could, anyone knows how to make guest players work? Is it only A-League bound(by the squad selection value)?

2 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

What are Guest Players?

Screenshot2024-05-26222246.thumb.png.0f083069f2167ac291083623c705afe5.png

As U can see from the above A-League can only sign 1 Guest player per season.

Screenshot2024-05-26222318.thumb.png.a2758083da2a3488499acf0fc15f4e40.png

In this picture, Brown Ideye is a Guest player and he is always eligible without the need to be registered.

Screenshot2024-05-26223121.thumb.png.fa65c81e64c7599340850f786b2a7b68.png

Supposedly, they can only play 14 regular season matches, but I don't know why I can still play them after it says 0 Regular Season matches remaining in REGULAR SEASON.

In conclusion, guest player is a special kind of contract that is used by the Australians(I don't know if any other nations use it) and they can be set up so they don't need to be registered, hence being an extra player from registration limits.

8 hours ago, Bentfi said:

Supposedly, they can only play 14 regular season matches, but I don't know why I can still play them after it says 0 Regular Season matches remaining in REGULAR SEASON.

Might be worth raising it in the bugs forum for next year. As for the extra 6 players, I think you'd have to just copy the league rules and then add 6 to each one? :lol: not very clean but there may be a way

On 27/05/2024 at 06:41, themodelcitizen said:

As for the extra 6 players, I think you'd have to just copy the league rules and then add 6 to each one? :lol: not very clean but there may be a way

I tried and it doesn't work, feel like it might be hardcoded:(

I talked a bit about it at the end, I just can't give out guest player contracts even after copying league rules:(

On 28/05/2024 at 13:08, Bentfi said:

I tried and it doesn't work, feel like it might be hardcoded:(

I talked a bit about it at the end, I just can't give out guest player contracts even after copying league rules:(

The funky rules usually have some hardcoding in them (MLS is a good example), so you are probably right thinking it is hardcoded.

On 26/05/2024 at 09:15, Bentfi said:

I am trying to modify a cup so it resembles how it is in real life more, the squad selection rules of the cup is as such:

1. Registration rules are the same as league

2. 6 extra players are exempt from registration

The first one is easy, but trying to get 6 extra players while using league registration is very difficult.

I came upon this thing called guest players and thought it would perfectly fit what I want to do, however, even if I set it up like this:

1. Maximum Guest players in a season = 6

Screenshot2024-05-26043705.thumb.png.7c209e7307fc16f887eba2d0d89d020c.png

2. Squad selection eligibility guest contract players always eligible

Screenshot2024-05-26044115.thumb.png.2a6dea8f16a07406a5498c179a94f69d.png

The little text about guest players are exempt doesn't show up in registration window when I set up a save and I can't provide guest player contract to players like A-league could, anyone knows how to make guest players work? Is it only A-League bound(by the squad selection value)?

Any update?

6 hours ago, EvanForney said:

Any update?

I can't get the 6 extra players to work, whether it is guest players or marquee players. I am able to set the guest players exempt from registration, but I am not able to give out guest player contracts.

As for 1, I didn't explain clearly there, what I meant is using the same registered player as in league.

E.g. If I have a team with at most 5 O23 players registered, the cup have the same 5 players registered for league rather than U just picking any 5 from your team. (If you have 6, you could pick A + B + C + D + E or A + B + C + D + F or any other combination every other match)

This is done by selecting squad value as domestic division and a bit more...(If you are interested, tell me)'

I resorted to skipping that part of the rule because I can't make it work, I eventually skipped 1 too for other reasons:((I still use the cup league registration in other cups though, it comes in handy.)