[FM24] Retro Database 1966/1967 (Facepack and Regen File Included)

Sounds a great idea. Must have taken you ages. Have you changed the league structures to mirror those of the time? 22 teams in top 2 English leagues, 2 points for a win etc, continental comps in their infancy and style that they were then? 

I can understand if you haven't been able to do that as that's alot of reworking and the database alone is a big enough job. Would be nice to see First Division instead of Premier League, and Second Division instead of Championship. That's easier to do 🙂

17 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Sounds a great idea. Must have taken you ages. Have you changed the league structures to mirror those of the time? 22 teams in top 2 English leagues, 2 points for a win etc, continental comps in their infancy and style that they were then? 

I can understand if you haven't been able to do that as that's alot of reworking and the database alone is a big enough job. Would be nice to see First Division instead of Premier League, and Second Division instead of Championship. That's easier to do 🙂

On initial release there won't be any rework of the leagues themselves, but I do have plans to do it. The problem with reworking the leagues is that I will need to make them playable as well, you don't want teams in a league that have almost no players.

The Scottish leagues will probably take the most work, from the top of my head I think there were 20 teams, while currently there's only 12 in first division. England will probably be the first release as it wouldn't take too much work.

Start with the top 2 division at most. That's best for having them have reasonable OK promotion and relegation.

Other than that I can't say much about projects like these ;)

1 minute ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

You'd need to be doing this as a full time job to change the league structures LOL ! Probably not worth the hassle. 

Ahem :D

18 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

You'd need to be doing this as a full time job to change the league structures LOL ! Probably not worth the hassle. 

18 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Start with the top 2 division at most. That's best for having them have reasonable OK promotion and relegation.

Other than that I can't say much about projects like these ;)

Definitely haha! I'll only be working on the divisions that are actually playable, anything below would be almost pointless. I've already had a play around with divisions, so I have some sort of idea what I'd need to do. As I say though, I'd also need to make the teams playable as well which can take some time.

A little update on things and what to expect upon release...

Things haven't progressed as well as expected this week, but I'm still hugely confident of release on the 9th. I've spoken to the boss (my wife) and explained she might not see much of me next week as I look to push hard for the deadline! :lol:

As for what you can expect upon release as far as content...

• Season 66-67 - All the content that was previously released for FM19 by TheMadScientist. I'm currently working on the final part, which is to add player history to each and every player in the database (or at least most of them). There are almost 3,000 players in the database (without checking the actual number), so you can imagine how much work that is!
  • Competition History - I've also removed all history, all the way back to 1966 for all major competitions. For any that I've missed, I will be updating the database at a later date to hopefully include those and more.
  • Regens - I will be providing you with 3 seasons worth of regens, which will be approximately 600 players. This will be updated in the future.
  • Facepack - I will also be providing a facepack, which will have the top 100 players in the database. This will also be updated in the future to have more.

4 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

A little update on things and what to expect upon release...

Things haven't progressed as well as expected this week, but I'm still hugely confident of release on the 9th. I've spoken to the boss (my wife) and explained she might not see much of me next week as I look to push hard for the deadline! :lol:

As for what you can expect upon release as far as content...

• Season 66-67 - All the content that was previously released for FM19 by TheMadScientist. I'm currently working on the final part, which is to add player history to each and every player in the database (or at least most of them). There are almost 3,000 players in the database (without checking the actual number), so you can imagine how much work that is!
  • Competition History - I've also removed all history, all the way back to 1966 for all major competitions. For any that I've missed, I will be updating the database at a later date to hopefully include those and more.
  • Regens - I will be providing you with 3 seasons worth of regens, which will be approximately 600 players. This will be updated in the future.
  • Facepack - I will also be providing a facepack, which will have the top 100 players in the database. This will also be updated in the future to have more.

Good luck, both with the list above and the negotations with the boss :D

53 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Good luck, both with the list above and the negotations with the boss :D

:lol: I don't know how I dared, but I literally told her how it's going to be. She took it well to be fair to her!

A revised update on what to expect upon release...

• Injuries - I have decided to put some work into editing the injuries that players receive throughout a season. As we all know, injuries back in the day were ignored more by the players themselves, rather taking to the pitch with a broken fingernail, than having 2 weeks on the side-lines... So with that in mind, I have tried to make injuries more realistic in line with the 66-67 theme! Not only have the percentage chance of receiving a specific injury been altered, but also the time it would take for them to recover. There is no specific percentage I have reduced injuries by, I have gone through each injury type and adjusted them individually.

Example of injury adjustment before and after...

• A stubbed toe
  • Occurrence Ratio: 1.000000
  • Minimum Days - 5
  • Extra Days - 5

After...

• A stubbed toe
  • Occurrence Ratio: 0.200000
  • Minimum Days - 3
  • Extra Days - 3

With a stubbed toe, I'd expect a player from 1966 would rather get on with things, compared to players nowadays who have 5 weeks off injured due to a hair follicle being out of place.  However, an injury like Flu, has had it's Occurrence Ratio increased slightly and its days remaining the same. I might be totally wrong here, but I feel that people were maybe less equipped against Flu back in 1966 than they are nowadays.

Is the Scottish League changed ? As Scotland were the World Champions in 1967 :lol: !!

15 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Is the Scottish League changed ? As Scotland were the World Champions in 1967 :lol: !!

Scotland's first division is playable, however it is currently only 12 teams as it normally is. Once I have released the database I will be working on the league systems, so that will be an update for a later time. There's no point to changing the league systems now because it would render to competition unplayable due to lack of players.

5 hours ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

Id be happy to help with Japan

Once I've released the database, my full focus will be on the league systems for the current playable leagues. If you want to create anything for Japan, I'd be happy to merge the data.

Love the injury changes. What else can they get? Polio? :lol: I made an NASL database for FM19 that took place in 1978 but was a sort of "best of" the league in terms of format, players, etc. Been thinking of ways to revive it, might be nice to change all the dates for 1966 and have Eusebio and Cruyff with future moves to a fully developed NASL already set

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Love the injury changes. What else can they get? Polio? :lol: I made an NASL database for FM19 that took place in 1978 but was a sort of "best of" the league in terms of format, players, etc. Been thinking of ways to revive it, might be nice to change all the dates for 1966 and have Eusebio and Cruyff with future moves to a fully developed NASL already set

I haven't gone as far as adding Injuries into the database, but that's definitely a nice idea for an update, unless I have any spare time before release. I think Polio was a little bit earlier than 1960's, but I could definitely add it in with a low occurrence rate :lol: From minimal research I've found that there was an epidemic of Influenza in the USSR in 1966.

The NASL sounds like a cool idea, maybe you could use this database somehow?

6 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

Once I've released the database, my full focus will be on the league systems for the current playable leagues. If you want to create anything for Japan, I'd be happy to merge the data.

It wasn't back then it was 18 teams so will the top 12 Scottish sides from that season be in ?

9 hours ago, cel1234 said:

It wasn't back then it was 18 teams so will the top 12 Scottish sides from that season be in ?

What I meant was, it's 12 teams as it is in the current day. Once I have released the database, I will work on the League systems for England, Scotland, Italy and Spain. So in short yes, I will make Scotland's first division have 18 teams as it was in 1966. As for release, it will be exactly as TheMadScientist had it in FM19...

Scotland.thumb.png.3a04501657d25c8a673ffc6b2e1baaa3.png

On 31/05/2024 at 22:08, MichaelNevo said:

A revised update on what to expect upon release...

• Injuries - I have decided to put some work into editing the injuries that players receive throughout a season. As we all know, injuries back in the day were ignored more by the players themselves, rather taking to the pitch with a broken fingernail, than having 2 weeks on the side-lines... So with that in mind, I have tried to make injuries more realistic in line with the 66-67 theme! Not only have the percentage chance of receiving a specific injury been altered, but also the time it would take for them to recover. There is no specific percentage I have reduced injuries by, I have gone through each injury type and adjusted them individually.

Example of injury adjustment before and after...

• A stubbed toe
  • Occurrence Ratio: 1.000000
  • Minimum Days - 5
  • Extra Days - 5

After...

• A stubbed toe
  • Occurrence Ratio: 0.200000
  • Minimum Days - 3
  • Extra Days - 3

With a stubbed toe, I'd expect a player from 1966 would rather get on with things, compared to players nowadays who have 5 weeks off injured due to a hair follicle being out of place.  However, an injury like Flu, has had it's Occurrence Ratio increased slightly and its days remaining the same. I might be totally wrong here, but I feel that people were maybe less equipped against Flu back in 1966 than they are nowadays.

I like your attention to this kind of injury detail. One you might want to consider it that some bad knee injuries are less likely, because play is slower, but things like sprains and such are more common because the playing surface wasn't as meticulously maintained.

32 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I like your attention to this kind of injury detail. One you might want to consider it that some bad knee injuries are less likely, because play is slower, but things like sprains and such are more common because the playing surface wasn't as meticulously maintained.

That's a really great suggestion! I have to admit it wasn't something which I thought of, so it's very much appreciated. If you have any further suggestions about anything, please throw them my way! :brock:

23 minutes ago, MichaelNevo said:

That's a really great suggestion! I have to admit it wasn't something which I thought of, so it's very much appreciated. If you have any further suggestions about anything, please throw them my way! :brock:

Will have a look at the injury list and see if I come up with more.

If you really wanted to deep dive even further, remember you can amend things like -

- editing nations like England so 'likely-hood of foreign manager' is basically zero, as well as FA Financial Power, and Economic Factors - you could maybe look up national GDP for nations back then compared to now to weigh things like that up

- changing the kind of nations clubs buy players from, so that the chances of foreigners in some nations is also low
- you could even amend the average transfer fees to make them time-period realistic, as well as average wages, and even tax rules - but you would also have to lower prize money in leagues so clubs didn't just get mega rich mega quick (maybe too much of a hassle?)

Screenshots of these kind of settings to experiment with below - 

image.thumb.png.647716574553382be95976bd9120a42c.png

image.thumb.png.9fd40d9861d800d288b62febbd4468dc.png

image.thumb.png.9b19f9147adac3b46635c95623c7172b.pngimage.thumb.png.f9b5386be5d0c095928ee57f547bd8af.png

8 minutes ago, robmoore_396 said:

If you really wanted to deep dive even further, remember you can amend things like -

- editing nations like England so 'likely-hood of foreign manager' is basically zero, as well as FA Financial Power, and Economic Factors - you could maybe look up national GDP for nations back then compared to now to weigh things like that up

- changing the kind of nations clubs buy players from, so that the chances of foreigners in some nations is also low
- you could even amend the average transfer fees to make them time-period realistic, as well as average wages, and even tax rules - but you would also have to lower prize money in leagues so clubs didn't just get mega rich mega quick (maybe too much of a hassle?)

Screenshots of these kind of settings to experiment with below - 

image.thumb.png.647716574553382be95976bd9120a42c.png

image.thumb.png.9fd40d9861d800d288b62febbd4468dc.png

image.thumb.png.9b19f9147adac3b46635c95623c7172b.pngimage.thumb.png.f9b5386be5d0c095928ee57f547bd8af.png

Definitely something for a later update. but some very good ideas. I'm very familiar with many of these functions , but I'm pretty sure it would be hard to balance some of them correctly. I think the first one I would look at is your first suggestion - editing nations like England so 'likely-hood of foreign manager' is basically zero, as well as FA Financial Power, and Economic Factors - you could maybe look up national GDP for nations back then compared to now to weigh things like that up

Estimated Release Date: Wednesday June 12th

Unfortunately I've had to amend the release date, pushing it from Sunday onto next Wednesday. I feel this is the best option so that people can enjoy the database to its best quality. I'll probably still be working on it during Wednesday, but with the hope of release later in the evening UK time. If only I wasn't working a full time job! :lol:

On 06/06/2024 at 17:21, MichaelNevo said:

Estimated Release Date: Wednesday June 12th

Unfortunately I've had to amend the release date, pushing it from Sunday onto next Wednesday. I feel this is the best option so that people can enjoy the database to its best quality. I'll probably still be working on it during Wednesday, but with the hope of release later in the evening UK time. If only I wasn't working a full time job! :lol:

I know your pain, a full time job shouldn't be allowed when you are editing.

15 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I know your pain, a full time job shouldn't be allowed when you are editing.

My problem is that overtime is compulsory, not optional... I never know what time I'll be getting home from day to day, so I can easily lose 1, 2 or even 3 hours of editing time sometimes :(

13 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

My problem is that overtime is compulsory, not optional... I never know what time I'll be getting home from day to day, so I can easily lose 1, 2 or even 3 hours of editing time sometimes :(

Hmm, that's even worse.

Release Date: Wednesday June 12th (Tomorrow UK Time)

Just a little update, working extremely hard for the release. I'll be working on it most of tomorrow, but you can probably expect it to release in the evening UK time. Extremely excited to share this database with you all!!! :hammer:

13 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

Release Date: Wednesday June 12th (Tomorrow UK Time)

Just a little update, working extremely hard for the release. I'll be working on it most of tomorrow, but you can probably expect it to release in the evening UK time. Extremely excited to share this database with you all!!! :hammer:

Awesome

Just ahead of time - are you looking for some feedback for future updates if we find errors, things that need tweaking, etc.?

Or do you just want us to download, install, play, and keep our mouths shut haha :herman::lol:

20 minutes ago, robmoore_396 said:

Awesome

Just ahead of time - are you looking for some feedback for future updates if we find errors, things that need tweaking, etc.?

Or do you just want us to download, install, play, and keep our mouths shut haha :herman::lol:

All feedback will be welcome, I've come across errors from the previous version on FM19 and fixed those, but it's more than likely there will be others that either already existed, or that I've made myself. Specifically I'll be looking for feedback on injuries, as that is something I've edited that wasn't on FM19.

• MichaelNevo changed the title to [FM24] 1966 / 1967 Season Database (RELEASE IN 3 HOURS 20:00)

I do think I have some feedback on injuries. There is something there I need to check as well to see if what I have in want works like that in FM. Still travelling home right now, so expect it tomorrow or Friday.

• MichaelNevo changed the title to [FM24] 1966 / 1967 Season Database (RELEASED!!!)
Posted (edited)

[FM24] 1966 / 1967 Season Database RELEASED!!!

1966-67.jpeg.20a860e6e55e914a342cb58e59ae6342.jpeg

"Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over. It is now!"

Welcome to the 1966/1967 database! England have just won the World Cup and the scenes are wild! The past 58 years has been erased and it's down to you to rewrite the history that has been forgotten!

This is a unique chance to try and manage some of the most legendary players of all time. We've all heard about Pele and Eusebio, now we have the chance to see them in action in Football Manager. This season in particular has a spot in football history forever. England have just won the World Cup at home and the Scottish team Celtic won the European Cup/Champions League. Some of the best players from around the world, is still remembered as the best of all time in their respective countries.
I have researched for this DB for years, looking through old archives for stats, watching video material, talking to football historians. To be able to rate the player attributes as best as possible.
So jump into the FM Timemachine and travel back to 1966 when The Beatles and Elvis Presley was on top of the Hitlists and Pele and Eusebio was the faces of one of the most iconic periods in football history.

Playable Leagues : England (1.Division + 2.Division) Italy (Serie A + Serie B) Scotland (1.Division) Spain (Primera)

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS for Downloading/Subscribing on Steam : Start a new career and !!!IMPORTANT !!! Choose the 24.3.0 Database, then tick the box saying 1966/67 DB and make sure no other boxes is ticked. Press confirm and choose advanced setup. Choose how many of the playable leagues you want to load and then press Approximate Player Count, and choose Advanced. Then choose as many nations as you want to load players from besides the leagues you have loaded. Tick the boxes saying Players Based In Nation. Even if your computer says that the number of players exceeds the recommended level just ignore it. Finally press Start Game and enjoy.

This database wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the mighty scientist himself "TheMadScientist", creator of the original 1966/67 database back in 2019. Thanks to him I've been able to revive and improve on what he made and I'm merely weeks away!

FM 1966-1967 Database (Steam Download)

FM 1966-1967 Database (Mediafire Download)

3 Season Regen File (Sports Interactive Download)

1966-1967 Facepack (Sports Interactive Download)

1966-1967 Facepack (Mediafire Download)

Edited by MichaelNevo

Burnley

Chris Nicholl was a Northern Irish international so should at least have N.Ireland set as second nationality

Should be Dave Thomas

Chelsea

Bobby Tambling was a forward and could also play LW

Everton

Alan Ball could play right-midfield played that position in the World Cup Final

Jimmy Husband was a forward played RW also

Fulham

Malcolm MacDonald was at Tonbridge wasn't on loan started out in Non-League

Leeds

David Harvey was a Scottish International father was Scottish so like Nicholl should have Scotland as 2nd Nationality at least.

Liverpool

Ian Callaghan was a Right Midfielder/Winger in 60s in went into cm in the 70s later on in his career

Ian St. John was a forward should have CAM added

Roger Hunt same a forward should have CAM added

Man City

Mike Doyle needs CM added

Alan Oakes needs CB added

Stan Bowles needs LM/LW added

Man Utd

George Best needs LW adding could play all attacking positions

Brian Kidd was a Forward

Newcastle

Ollie Burton was versatile but mainly CB but could play DCM/CM/RB/CF

Alan Suddick was at Newcastle until December 1966

Nottm Forest

Ian Storey-Moore take CM away was a Forward Central or Left Winger

Southampton

Terry Paine i'd put CM as a 14 and he could also play as a forward

Sunderland

Jim Baxter was a CM all day long keep LM also

Dennis Tueart RW/LW could play CF went required

John O'Hare could play also CM 

Tottenham

Cliff Jones make mainly a LW

West Ham

Harry Redknapp was a wide midfielder mainly right-side

Geoff Hurst CF take other positions away

Blackburn

Keith Newton RB/LB

Ronnie Clayton CM/RM

Blackpool

Alan Suddick CM/LM put CAM/CF as competant

Jimmy Robson just central

Charlton

Billy Bonds CB/RB/DCM/CM

Aberdeen

2 Bobby Clarks

Jimmy Smith CM/RM

Celtic

Lou Macari CM/CF

Kenny Dalglish was a forward CAM/CF put RW as competant

3 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Burnley

Chris Nicholl was a Northern Irish international so should at least have N.Ireland set as second nationality

Should be Dave Thomas

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Leeds

David Harvey was a Scottish International father was Scottish so like Nicholl should have Scotland as 2nd Nationality at least.

Liverpool

Ian Callaghan was a Right Midfielder/Winger in 60s in went into cm in the 70s later on in his career

Man City

Man Utd

Brian Kidd was a Forward

Newcastle

Nottm Forest

Southampton

Sunderland

Tottenham

West Ham

Blackburn

Keith Newton RB/LB

Ronnie Clayton CM/RM

Blackpool

Charlton

Billy Bonds CB/RB/DCM/CM

Aberdeen

2 Bobby Clarks

Jimmy Smith CM/RM

Celtic

Lou Macari CM/CF

Thanks for the feedback, if you find anything else let me know.

5 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Burnley

Should be Dave Thomas

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Leeds

Liverpool

Man City

Man Utd

Brian Kidd was a Forward

Newcastle

Nottm Forest

Southampton

Sunderland

Tottenham

West Ham

Blackburn

Keith Newton RB/LB

Ronnie Clayton CM/RM

Blackpool

Charlton

Billy Bonds CB/RB/DCM/CM

Aberdeen

2 Bobby Clarks

Jimmy Smith CM/RM

Celtic

Lou Macari CM/CF

Database has been updated.

4 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

Thanks for the feedback, if you find anything else let me know.

I will yes. Excellent work on recreating this season :applause:

On 12/06/2024 at 20:04, Wolf_pd said:

I do think I have some feedback on injuries. There is something there I need to check as well to see if what I have in want works like that in FM. Still travelling home right now, so expect it tomorrow or Friday.

I will be a bit later with these. Holiday and being home not working together.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I will be a bit later with these. Holiday and being home not working together.

No rush, I'm still throwing out updates at the moment, cleaning the database up a bit more and I've still to finish the Facepack off which I hope to have done tonight.

The latest version of the database is now available, properly cleaned up all player histories from those players who still had data issues from the file transition. I will now look to complete the Facepack.

Database Minor Update

I have just updated the database with a minor tweak, but one that is essential and that I've overlooked previously.

Points Deductions removed from the English First Division for Nottingham Forest and Everton.

The new download link is now available here and on steam...

FM24 Retro Database 1966/1967 (Mediafire Download)

FM24 Retro Database 1966/1967 (Steam Download)

• MichaelNevo changed the title to [FM24] Retro Database 1966/1967 (Facepack and Regen File Included)

Hi mate
Just downloaded your database.
It looks great!!
I want to start with Ajax myself.
Is it possible to adjust the foreigners rule?
I also saw that Almere City is in the Premier League, but that club did not exist yet.
I would like to add Dutch players but I couldn't open the editor, is that correct?

21 minutes ago, erikeagles said:

Hi mate
Just downloaded your database.
It looks great!!
I want to start with Ajax myself.
Is it possible to adjust the foreigners rule?
I also saw that Almere City is in the Premier League, but that club did not exist yet.
I would like to add Dutch players but I couldn't open the editor, is that correct?

You can definitely play as Ajax, but the league doesn't have many players which is why it's not considered a playable league.

There hasn't been any adjustment just remove clubs that didn't exist yet, whilst those that did exist, but no longer exist haven't been added back into the database either.

You can definitely open the database in the editor, but with there being around 1 million changes, it is very slow to do so, especially if your computer isn't that quick. Thankfully I've got one of the best affordable processors on the market, so it doesn't take as long for me. The database will also lag a lot whilst making changes, just something to keep in mind.

I do plan to make the database more realistic, but I'm juggling content for this database with content for my future planned database for fm25.

Thanks for your quick response.

I rarely play the game, spend more time with the editor,making tournaments, but I would like to play your database.
Only have a laptop so maybe that's why the editor is so slow.

I understand your explanation.

Can I create a database with Dutch players myself and open them both in the game?

If you need help, I'd love to help you.

9 minutes ago, erikeagles said:

Thanks for your quick response.

I rarely play the game, spend more time with the editor,making tournaments, but I would like to play your database.
Only have a laptop so maybe that's why the editor is so slow.

I understand your explanation.

Can I create a database with Dutch players myself and open them both in the game?

If you need help, I'd love to help you.

No problem and yes that is definitely why it is so slow for sure. AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X Processor is my specific processor.

I'm not an expert with editing, but I'd say your best bet would be to create your players in a seperate database and then merge the 2 files into 1 file. Then load up and play. If you're going to do anything more than just create players, for instance remove almere city, I'm not entirely sure if that would affect anything during the merge, but it's something you could trial test.

I'll be honest, I don't plan to add much more to the database myself, as I'm looking forward to my future content for FM25, specifically an FM2009 database. Any content I do add for this database will be to do with the playable leagues.