Problem with FM24 on ASUS TUF 15

Hello. I have been the owner of a new ASUS TUF GAMING 15 laptop for several months and I noticed that while playing, either in FM22 or 24, I notice vertical stripes as if someone was drawing. It looks like tearing, cutting, something like artifacts. I am trying to change the NVIDIA or G settings. - Sync or constant refreshing doesn't do anything, and in games like CoD 2 or FIFA 19 you can see that everything works fine. I don't suspect that the laptop is defective because there is the same problem on two of the same laptops of the same brand and the temperatures are normal. Everything up to date when it comes to drivers.Below I put a photo where I have something similar

fm 2024-05-26 18-06-10-736.png

Posted (edited)
On 26/05/2024 at 11:08, SicinskiPawel said:

Hello. I have been the owner of a new ASUS TUF GAMING 15 laptop for several months and I noticed that while playing, either in FM22 or 24, I notice vertical stripes as if someone was drawing. It looks like tearing, cutting, something like artifacts. I am trying to change the NVIDIA or G settings. - Sync or constant refreshing doesn't do anything, and in games like CoD 2 or FIFA 19 you can see that everything works fine. I don't suspect that the laptop is defective because there is the same problem on two of the same laptops of the same brand and the temperatures are normal. Everything up to date when it comes to drivers.Below I put a photo where I have something similar

fm 2024-05-26 18-06-10-736.png

Hi there, i too use ASUS TUF F-15. I'd suggest dropping your refresh rate rate in the settings, i've experienced that on this laptop the 144hz refresh rate somehow shows a crack on the screen (never seen that before but it's worked fine before that issue). If this continues to show then its a hardware issue i'm afraid

The game runs on 60&35 fps which is why it struggles to match the screen refresh rate..

Edited by XV20

3 hours ago, SicinskiPawel said:

Unfortunately, even changing to 60 hz does not help. Surprisingly, FIFA 19 runs very nicely

ou, try dropping the quality on the game or reinstall it.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, XV20 said:

ou, try dropping the quality on the game or reinstall it.

I installed FM24 and reinstalled and without effect.

11 hours ago, JordanMilly said:

Or make sure the graphics drivers, etc, are all up to date.

All NVIDIA drivers, Intel Windows 10 updates are current

I noticed that FM19 works normally and I did not notice any problems as in FM22 and 24.

Edited by SicinskiPawel

Adjust V-Sync Settings:
V-Sync can help with screen tearing. 

Is there an option in Game Settings/preferences?
Also
NVIDIA Control Panel:
Open NVIDIA Control Panel.
Navigate to "Manage 3D settings."
Find the game in the "Program Settings" tab or use the "Global Settings" tab.
Set "Vertical Sync" to "On," "Off," or "Adaptive."

Enable/Disable G-Sync:
If your laptop and monitor support G-Sync, enable or disable it to see if it makes a difference:

Enable G-Sync:
Under "Display," select "Set up G-Sync."
Check "Enable G-Sync, G-Sync Compatible" and apply the settings.

Disable G-Sync: If G-Sync is already enabled, try turning it off and see if it resolves the issue.

DirectX and Game Settings
Are you using the correct DirectX version and compatible settings?

DirectX: Check the game settings for DirectX version and try switching between DirectX 11, 12, or Vulkan if available.

Game Settings

Lower the graphics settings and see if the issue persists. Sometimes, specific settings like shadows or anti-aliasing can cause artifacts.

Check for Overlays
Disable any overlays (such as NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Discord, or Steam) as they can sometimes cause issues.

Check for Background Applications
Make sure no other applications are running in the background that might interfere with the game's performance.

Best way to do this is start the PC in safe mode and only load Football Manager and see if it's there. 
If it's not - it's likely another App causing issues.

Verify integrity of files
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB

On 31/05/2024 at 09:48, Smurf said:

Adjust V-Sync Settings:

Also
NVIDIA Control Panel:

Enable/Disable G-Sync:
If your laptop and monitor support G-Sync, enable or disable it to see if it makes a difference:

Enable G-Sync:

Disable G-Sync: If G-Sync is already enabled, try turning it off and see if it resolves the issue.

DirectX: Check the game settings for DirectX version and try switching between DirectX 11, 12, or Vulkan if available.

Game Settings

Lower the graphics settings and see if the issue persists. Sometimes, specific settings like shadows or anti-aliasing can cause artifacts.

Check for Overlays
Disable any overlays (such as NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Discord, or Steam) as they can sometimes cause issues.

Make sure no other applications are running in the background that might interfere with the game's performance.

Best way to do this is start the PC in safe mode and only load Football Manager and see if it's there. 

I don't think Direct can be changed because the default version in Win 10 is 12. So far, none of the options you provided work. Vc Redict x64 aktualny.FM file verification on Steam was also successful

On 31/05/2024 at 02:48, Smurf said:

Adjust V-Sync Settings:

Also
NVIDIA Control Panel:

Enable/Disable G-Sync:

Enable G-Sync:

Game Settings

Check for Overlays

The first few options you've suggested don't help. His issue is an internal screen issue

How was I supposed to know it was internal screen issue???
All the resolutions I offered are standard checks and things to try. If they don't work they don't work - c'est la vie. 

11 hours ago, SicinskiPawel said:

I don't think Direct can be changed because the default version in Win 10 is 12. So far, none of the options you provided work. Vc Redict x64 aktualny.FM file verification on Steam was also successful

It can be updated - run the Windows update check - and it might have an update. 

Also check Vulkan

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Smurf said:

It can be updated - run the Windows update check - and it might have an update. 

Also check Vulkan

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Windows 10 is constantly updated.

The problem is quite strange and I don't know if the laptop qualifies for service, even though other games work fine with and without g sync.

CoD 2, Medal of Honor, Cod 1 work flawlessly whether I turn G sync off or on, and FIFA 19 works well on G sync, but when I turn it off, the game slows down and lags, and in the case of eFootball2020, FM22 and 24, I notice problems with G sync turned on and without it. Is FM sensitive to this type of thing?

Edited by SicinskiPawel